Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk or Vaykor Marelok as overall secondary weapon ? ?

Matxer

Question

18 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Matxer said:

If I use only 1 secondary weapon for multi purpose should it be Vaykor Marelok or Brakk ?

Focusing on the "for multi purpose" part I say Vaykor Marelok is the winner.

Sure Brakk does buckets of damage, but this is at extremly close range. Which doesn't seem at all "multi-purpose" to me.

Vaykor Marelok does a very fine amount of damage at any range.

It's functional as a pocket sniper and works perfectly fine up close.

It's a nice package of accuracy, status, crit chance, damage, syndicate proc, rate of fire and reload speed.

It's one of the best.

Brakk's claim to fame is zomg-massive-damage at point blank.

To each their own, but I'm saying Vaykor Marelok.

Cheers.
~R~

Edited by Rolunde

Marelok is a much better weapon.

It's more ammo efficient, Better status, better accuracy for head-shots, viable long-range, better handling.

Also, Despite what the wiki claims, having three evenly distributed damage types isn't always a good thing or an "Advantage" as they call it.

You mostly want Slash weight, esp on a status weapon. Puncture can do alright on non-status weapons but eventually starts to cap out.  In case of V. Marelok Vs Brakk they both have 30% base Slash weight but Marelok actually has the status trigger to proc Slash on occasion while Brakk will hardly proc status effects at all since it uses shotgun mechanics. The status trigger is important as that's whats going to help a weapon stay viable through Corrosive procs without a group running Corrosive Projection.

Edited by Xzorn

1 hour ago, Matxer said:

If I use only 1 secondary weapon for multi purpose should it be Vaykor Marelok or Brakk ?

If you want an actual general purpose secondary, the Aksiletto Prime is your best choice. It beats up nullifiers, it strips armor, and it will just flat out kill things for a long time. It's simple, effective, and doesn't rely on any gimmicks. It's straightforward and reliable, and is one of the few primes that's actually worth the effort of gathering the parts other than for MR.

7 hours ago, Kierlak said:

If you want an actual general purpose secondary, the Aksiletto Prime is your best choice. It beats up nullifiers, it strips armor, and it will just flat out kill things for a long time. It's simple, effective, and doesn't rely on any gimmicks. It's straightforward and reliable, and is one of the few primes that's actually worth the effort of gathering the parts other than for MR.

^^, true that.

Its a beast. I'll drop most primaries any given day in favor of the akstiletto.

51 minutes ago, kyori said:

Brakk has limited range of 25m if I am not wrong. You cannot hit anything beyond that range.

I think it will technically hit things beyond 25 meters, but the damage drop off and the spread are so severe that it's almost like you didn't shoot them. if I remember right, the damage falls off a cliff past 10 meters, meaning it's basically a melee weapon that uses ammo.

Totally different guns that serve different purposes.

Personally, the Brakk is my most used secondary, so I tend to prefer it, but it's not for every situation.

If I wanted a more accurate secondary to offset a bullet hose primary, I might choose the VMarelok. If I wanted the healing effect or the AC buff, I might choose the VMarelok.

If I wanted a close range sledgehammer to offset a slow firing primary, I might choose the Brakk. If I wanted a fast reloading secondary for skirmishing, I might choose the Brakk.

Which I actually choose will depend on what other stuff I'm using and what I plan on doing. Need drives the gear train.