Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Update 20

[DE]Megan

On 3/24/2017 at 3:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We have nerfed 3 weapons (plus 1 variant)  that we feel disrupts the co-op setting and pace of gameplay for most groups: 

Tonkor

• The Tonkor's rocket jumping mechanic has long been obsolete since the introduction of bullet jumping, so the Tonkor now deals self-damage like all other launchers.
  • The Tonkor Grenade trajectory line now appears on holding the fire button (Default Left Mouse), and grenade fires on release.
  • The grenade needs to travel 6m before arming itself, it will bounce off yourself, other players and AI before then.
  • The Maximum lifespan of grenade has dropped from 5 to 3 seconds - grenades are quicker to explode
  • Grenades bounce lower and explode sooner, making them more likely to explode where they are shot.
  • The Critical Chance has been reduced to 25%.
  • The Accuracy of the Tonkor has been increased.  

I don't believe this is an in depth message of how the tonkor was nerfed. It appears to have a longer delay in between shots, not to mention nowhere does it mention the damage drop offs that I am seeing. Before the nerf I'd consistently get plenty of shots dealing well over 200k damage with no form of buff from teammates, now I'm unable to even hit anywhere close to that number.

Have not yet been able to use Octavia or any of her new weapons but the quest was good fun.

Spoiler

While the story is nothing to write home about, it was decent enough and kept the ball rolling. I especially enjoyed how it suck to the lore in the form of decaying sentients in the void. It also makes sense to me how easily Hunhow took over Suda and given it's been said that advanced weapons failed against the sentients and its entirely possible cephalons were in much heavier use during the Sentient war. It was good to see Hunhow and Sentients again. Even managed to get myself a nice bonus in the form of a Vengeful Revenant from the sentient swarm that Hunhow throws at you in the Lua mission although lesser equipped and squishier frames than what I used would probably actually need to run.  I have mixed feelings about the dataworld mission. The visuals were stunning and the concept behind the mission layout is good but in practice it was rather frustrating to play hand overstayed its welcome by the time part 3 of the mission rolled around. On one hand, the mission is too easy. There is no pressure to rush to finish and no advantage to playing perfectly (this is also my complaint on the Void mission of this quest when we are trying to amp the song using the void towers). A countdown timer would have been a welcome addition even if the time was set so high as to have the mission be very difficult to fail. Hunhow's beam and the dataworld sentients were laughably weak. On the other, it is so incredibly easy to fall with almost no way to recover which I found frustrating.

Photobooth mode is very cool. I've been greatly enjoying myself playing around with it.

The Helminth charger rework is amazing visually. I have not had a chance to test how useful the abilities actually are although I very much doubt the Charger is usable past lv 40 enemies. A single target hook is rather useless unless it specifically targets high priority enemies (Bombards, Flamethrowers, techs, ancients, eximi, etc) and disables/kills them. I dont have very high hopes for charge either as it puts a rather dumb AI in the middle of a group of enemies. 

I am happy with all the General additions/QoL improvements. I would have also liked to be able to select specific configurations of each loadout from navigation and it would be nice to have the riven mods themselves reflect their disposition. Right now each has 5 filled dots on the top of the mod.

The dojo changes are nice. Definitely wont say no to 45k endo although I'm very much hoping the affinity gained from solar rails, spectre regiments, and the ignis wraith are either voided or will be obtainable in the future as there is currently no way to get them.

Have not yet gone against corpus so I cannot speak for those new enemies although the nullifier change sounds like a great improvement from before.

Limbo feels much nicer to play now although banish only being able to work on enemies in the same plane makes him feel very incomplete although I understand that it would also make him effectively invincible. I recommend giving him back that banish utility in the form of a very high cost (15-20 mod point) augment or significantly reduce the AOE/duration of the ability when cast across planes.

I am happy with a lot of the weapon balance changes. This really should have been implemented instead of rivens and the mandatory damage mods done away with. However, IMO a lot of the buffed weapons will remain uncompetitive at Sortie 2-3 level enemies as they simply do not have either the raw damage or status chance to do enough damage/strip armor quickly although this is more an issue of insane enemy scaling than anything else. Continuous weapons are still shafted on status chance proc rate and really should get damage multipliers the longer an enemy takes damage from them. Burst weapons should have a combo counter or function in accordance to the conclave specific mods. Snipers still need hip fire inaccuracy to go away and a lot of the "scopes" are clunky and add a lot of visual clutter instead of useful information. Weapons with ricochet needs the projectiles to ricochet back at/have soft locks on enemies instead of bouncing randomly. Looking forward to seeing what happens with secondaries and melee.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

WTF whith new quest 2 time crush on high setting 1 time on low in same place screenshot crush report WAR-1238181

WTF в новом квесте крашнуло 2 раза на высоких настройках и 1 раз на низких в одном и том же месте скриншот

Hardware:

i7-6700k

asus 1060 6gb

8gb ram

game install on ssd

Edited by DarkGaterau

Great Quest ! Totally didn't see that comming !

that said :

Spoiler

Space Mom is strangely silent throughout the family reunion... feels weird...

another small thing (The War Within plot hole) :

Spoiler

in the webcomic we see a lot of teshins lookalike which I assume are supposed to be Dax soldiers... but if all Dax soldiers used to look like Teshin under the empire why are we surprised to find outTeshin is a Dax during TWW ?

when you relize theirs 2^832 different kinds of melodies you can make with Octivia

#mathrock

edit:

just got her a few hours ago and relied i could find out how many melodies their are

edit 2:

did math wong....  that would be the number if you where restrited to only a set amount of notes you can use. going to figer it out now

edit 3: ok, if i did this right (wich i dont think i did) it should be 7 x 10 ^ 31

Edited by burning_dragon

10 hours ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Limbo feels much nicer to play now although banish only being able to work on enemies in the same plane makes him feel very incomplete although I understand that it would also make him effectively invincible. I recommend giving him back that banish utility in the form of a very high cost (15-20 mod point) augment or significantly reduce the AOE/duration of the ability when cast across planes.

Single Target (no duration reduction) between planes could work.

Gives him some scalpeling back.

Also, reverting him to his higher movement profile again would help a LOT.

He's a lightly armoured, squishy frame that now feels... sluggish and moves completely differently than before.

And I'll say he's far from 'nicer to play'. It's simply not Limbo anymore.

Edited by DarkOvion

I'm confused as to who on the DE team hates fun. The other explosive guns should have been changhed to deal marginal self-damage like the Tonkor, not the other way around. There's no "respect for explosives" to be had, it's a game. Insta-killing yourself should not be possible, and enough can't be said about how dumb of a concept it is.

I would like to say that this mission would be good if I could COMPETE because I can not put the last piano notes if im are above it so thats mi reply

.Plis fix it with the abiliti of uzing arows on the chibord to chiuz the dam notes on the thing 

The Simulor and Synoid Simulor nerf not only nerfed the gun, but completely changed its playstyle as well. It used to be a black-hole generator of which you could sustain with a little care... It is now a remote detonated grenade launcher that does useless damage. Its fire rate is too slow to stack orbs(teammates and companions kill everything before you can get a stack and detonate it) and the reload speed just compounds the issue. Whats worse is that the orbs still get stuck on things instead of being attracted towards orbs in the vecinity and still bounce off allies abilities.

Edit:
The Helminth charger looks fantastic, if only he and my kubrows wouldn't keep shrinking when outside of liset.

Edited by mAdDaWgOrigin
Spelling changes

4 hours ago, Neightrix said:

I'm confused as to who on the DE team hates fun. The other explosive guns should have been changhed to deal marginal self-damage like the Tonkor, not the other way around. There's no "respect for explosives" to be had, it's a game. Insta-killing yourself should not be possible, and enough can't be said about how dumb of a concept it is.

They are explosives. Ya know ...they ...blow things up such as yourself.

another advanced parkour move is gone... i mean the mid air crouch-roll. just why? are you gonna to take the bullet jump away too? movement is again slowed down:/ ninjas will need a crutches soon.

Edited by _eight_

On 24/3/2017 at 8:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Archwing Changes & Additions

• There is now a toggle option for how you want to fly: old vs. new! This option allows players to switch between the original Archwing flight system that we introduced vs the newer one we added. You can find this in the Options menu by going to Controls > Archwing > Toggle Experimental Flight!

I'm really glad that now there is an option to chose between the old and the new, however, i'd like to point out something.

• First of all, the new system still has too much drifting on turns, making it harder to navigate on trench runs (both corpus and JV tiles). Please do not abandon this system to its fate, it will really be a shame.
  • Second: the old archwing is still faster than the new one, and it also keeps the inertia if you sprint and then release all the keys, while the new one has a lot of drift on turns but it stops almost immediately if you release the keys.
  • And as a final note, animations: old AW had spectacular animations, moving the mouse to the left or right a little when sprinting resulted on the warframe tilting left/right; the more you moved the mouse, the more it tilted and it was awesome.
    When sprinting, the gun was pointing backward to "create a sense of aerodynamics" (i know that now we can sprint and fire, but it would be cool if the weapon shiftet back after x seconds not firing). Also in sharkwing the gun still points backward when sprinting and firing

Please try to address some of the AW problems, it has the potential to become a fantastic addition to the game.

Woo.... so all the launchers kill you now.... GREAT. There goes all of them basicaly.  Oh well at least i can use the quanta some more now, and the glaxion, and the ignis (wraith).

Also receiving a forma for the investment in the nerfed weapons (tonkor) is not gonna make people reforma it to make it work. They are just gonna throw the weapon in the closet and forget about it.

Edited by Picoolo29

This update was pretty efficient, aside from bringing console frame menus to the pc DE also managed to divide the community between those who love the simulor series and those who are playing for the wrong team.

Jokes aside Pablo continues to make the game better and the focus on creating solid warframes seems to be improving after Titania. Banshee Prime has me waiting for either Hydroid or Oberon prime since they are next in line. 

Edited by WeirdoPepsiDude
Rewording

When I read that they are nerfing the Tonkor i immediately thought: "Well, time to remove the dust from my secura penta+tether grenade".

Then I read:

-Fixed the Tether Grenade Mod for the Penta cancelling Self Damage.

"Well, f*** you too"

I really love the MR for Clan. This Ceremony idea is really cool. It would be really usefull to have a BIG counter of the ceremony directly in the Clan Log. Having to go to the dojo to know the time left is not really practical.