Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Update 20

[DE]Megan

14 minutes ago, Cheeky_Kitty said:

RIP click-to-kill basically, I don't see the problem? Tonkor has been broken for years, it was the only grenade launcher that was -that- bs even if it had self damage.
RIP spin-to-win and fps-killer, can't say I'm not happy.
RIP both of the above ones fused into a weapon? Sick
For these 3 nerfs we got -lots- of updates on old weapons that many players didn't even know existed and will likely pick them up now, THAT is what a qol update means.

thank you! someone that speaks sense, they where such lazy OP weapons, it bugged me that so many people where upset that they now would have to play the game and put in a little more effort rather than spam-to-win,

the real loss is what they have done to limbo. :(

making it so you cant put things into the void if you are in the void already, making it a generic area effect frame rather than a unique more one on one duelist that got to choose who and when he battled. 

RIP LIMBO.

That Typo for Orokin Derelict Survival Cost me so much time yesterday. Entire Yesterday evening I spent farming B rotation and today morning it seems it was changed to C rotation.

Can we fix  the Hema typo now? From 5000 -> 500.

Edited by xxswatelitexx

1 hour ago, Cheeky_Kitty said:

RIP click-to-kill basically, I don't see the problem? Tonkor has been broken for years, it was the only grenade launcher that was -that- bs even if it had self damage.
RIP spin-to-win and fps-killer, can't say I'm not happy.
RIP both of the above ones fused into a weapon? Sick
For these 3 nerfs we got -lots- of updates on old weapons that many players didn't even know existed and will likely pick them up now, THAT is what a qol update means.

"click-to-kill"....I can't even...

You do know that a large portion of the community chose those weapons because they were efficient right? Do you understand what this game is? It is a horde based shooter built around RNG loot which means that the more and faster you kill the higher your chances of getting the mats you want/need O.O Go figure! 

Why did it bother you so much if other people chose to play efficiently? Was avoiding those players that hard for you? You weren't forced to play with those players or use those weapons. To me, real stupidity is when you complain about something you can prevent yourself. Why would you want to ruin the enjoyment for others? I can't understand people like you at all. :/

12 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Quoting for visibility! One of her parts drop in the C rotation, not B, of ODS!

So sorry if this caused any confusion, Tenno, but we sure to stick around for that extra rotation if you are farming her.

EDIT: Corrected an error! Reading comprehension is important, kids. So sorry again!

So if we did multiple runs and wasted our time for hours last night doing up to rotation B, which I and several other friends did?  Can we have our time back please?

Gosh darn it DE, I wasted hours farming ODS in 15 min intervals for the Neuroptics and I just recently looked back and now I see it has been edited and corrected that it's in Rotation C...... I would have got it by now perhaps and it would be building by now with Octavia ready to be cooked when I get back after 12 hours...

Yes, I am salty as you can see.

Also, not sure why exactly you had to rescale the UI in a way that it feels as if majority of the players play in 4k... Everything is obnoxiously big now.

Tell me about it, definitely salty to wake up to this news today after hours doing it last night with nothing.  I even said to a few people how odd it was because in the days of farming like this it was always rotation C.  Sigh.  And yea the UI is indeed obnoxiously big now.

Edited by Scarlet78

After the update (awesome update by the way), the chat boxes and pop-ups (like when selling items in the inventory or the mini side-quests on a mission) are really, REALLY tiny. I can't read them easily and they're starting to hurt my eyes. Is there any way to make them bigger?

12 hours ago, GabFon said:

Hey in the last part of Octavia's Anthem the game crashes after i complete the objectives, any way to solve this?

To me I crash 2 times the 3 step well - I'm sorry my English is bad

I would like to start off with the fact that I have otherwise really been enjoying the latest update. 

That said, having spent ~5hrs of very unfun grinding ODS rotation B, I'm glad the patch notes where updated to reflect that it is rotation C. That said If I hadn't gotten so fed up that I decided to check the Wiki, I would still probably be grinding rotation B. 

I do genuinely appriciate the fact that the drop locations where included with the patch notes. I just really hope the next time they are accurate so I don't end up super salty. 

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Octavia's Anthem: Update 20

Get Octavia today by purchasing her in the Market for Platinum, or by completing Octavia’s Anthem to get her Blueprint. Her parts can be found in the following ways:

• By facing your fears of the Infested: Rotation C of Orokin Derelict Survival!
  • By mastering your Musical abilities: completing the Organ 'note match' puzzle on Lua (not one of the Seven Principles).  Completing this puzzle spawns a loot crate that will contain an Octavia Blueprint piece! Please note this puzzle does not spawn on Lua Mobile Defense missions.
  • By revisiting Lua and by discovering new Caches on Lua Exterminate missions.

Totally NOT true. Just made my second octa thingy stuff, correctly, spawning that special crate, which even my helios started to scan. And guess what, even with 3 caches, not a single Octavia part during that mission.

6 minutes ago, Pacheon said:

Totally NOT true. Just made my second octa thingy stuff, correctly, spawning that special crate, which even my helios started to scan. And guess what, even with 3 caches, not a single Octavia part during that mission.

Did you check on top of the big sphere/pillar thing in the center of the musical puzzle room? If memory serves something has always spawned up there even before Octavia and that is where the Octavia part was when our group solved it. Not in the rare chest. 

Getting all three caches doesn't guarentee the other drop, I think that one took me like 2-3 runs before I got it. 

Edited by Oreades

Update 20 review:

1. Content in Update 20: 10/10
  2. Quality of life changes in Update 20: 10/10
  3. UI changes in Update 20: 3/10
  4. Anniversary event: 5/10
  5. Octavia (as a partner): 8/10 (Thankfully Octavia is not seizure-frame.)
  6. Octavia quest: TBD
  7. Octavia (as yourself): TBD (I haven't purchased or done the quests.)
  8. Helminth charger reskin: TBD (queued my charger yesterday, waiting for it to mature.)
  9. No fix for Mutagen Sample farming issues or scaling of effort with Hema.
  10. Stealth fixes for Trial exploits: 6/10 (I would rate higher if the trial-breaking bugs were given similar priority.)

Happiest moment:

• Clan mates who have been on hiatus logged on to buy Primed Flow from Baro; debate placement of the Clan Ascension Altar; and start clan research (new weapons) before logging off and going to play something else.
  • Reskin of Helminth Charger encouraged me to obtain a new stasis slot to finally mature my first Charger.

Saddest moments:

• Constant issues with HUGE UI (due to attempts to support 4K.) Frankly, when a lot of textures low quality (like the Clan Emblem are still 128x128) pushing UI changes for 4K seems like case of bad prioritization.
  • Constant networking errors and instance stability issues during initial Update 20 deployment (first few hours.)

I will make another post as I make further progress on reviewing the update further.

I still enjoy Warframe, but if not for the outstanding issue with Mutagen Sample farming I would have thrown money at Digital Extremes-- even with the UI issues-- because if DE was willing to fix the Mutagen Sample farming/cost issue, then I could trust that they would eventually fix the other issues that came with this update.

Since DE is unwilling to fix previous issues (because they either don't believe they are issues, or because they are simply too low a priority for DE.)

As long as issues like this remain, I'm on a purchase strike.

And my word of mouth advertisement of Warframe reflects both the good and the bad, rather than emphasizing the good.

Perfect time to exit WF, the most annoying noisy frame released, and the weapon balance pass nuking a dozen forma. Instead of taking small incremental steps and lowering a weapons until they get to the right place, DE once again takes weapons and tosses then on the trash heap instead.