Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please! Please can we have Cernos Prime primary fire "1 arrow" alt fire "spread arrow" (like it is currently) PLEASE!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

9 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

This would probably land the bow a huge nerf tbh since its damage stats are so high because it splits it over the number of arrows.  Kept as it is, single shot would make it stronger than every other bow in game by a fairly large amount I'm fairly sure

Tbh that's doubtful, because we have a crit bow (dread) , rakata (aoe/energy gain). I think it would make Cernos P unique in that u would have A single ranged shot for high priority targets and a spread shot for trash mobs. It would also make a fantastic side grade to the other two bows that are straight up just better in dps and overall damage compared to the Cernos p. 

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Tbh that's doubtful, because we have a crit bow (dread) , rakata (aoe/energy gain). I think it would make Cernos P unique in that u would have A single ranged shot for high priority targets and a spread shot for trash mobs. It would also make a fantastic side grade to the other two bows that are straight up just better in dps and overall damage compared to the Cernos p. 

It would make rakta irrelevant...

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

No it wont. Ratka can't spread shot, Cernos P can't aoe viral proc and give u energy. 

Dude, the AOE every 10k affinity is not nearly enough to make up for the damage......People stopped using sancti Tigris for Tigris p, and that's not even close to the ratio difference between rakta and cernos p. Seriously, look at the stats...It's a straight up 40% increase...That's enough to totally destroy the rakta, no one cares about a silly syndicate proc when you can do THAT MUCH more damage. Rakta would be completely eclipsed and it would become mastery fodder, or a weapon people only use to mess around, or when they feel nostalgic. Seriously. CHECK THE STATS.

53 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

Rakta would be completely eclipsed and it would become mastery fodder, or a weapon people only use to mess around, or when they feel nostalgic.

and that is how it should be....Cernos P is what..MR 14? that alone should be plenty reason for it to be BETTER....all the prime versions of syndicate weapons are after all...so why not this one :| like I said previously currently the cernos p IS mastery fodder due to the split mechanic with the arrows.....now if each arrow dealt the displayed damage...that would be a different story...but its not.

32 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

and that is how it should be....Cernos P is what..MR 14? that alone should be plenty reason for it to be BETTER....all the prime versions of syndicate weapons are after all...so why not this one :| like I said previously currently the cernos p IS mastery fodder due to the split mechanic with the arrows.....now if each arrow dealt the displayed damage...that would be a different story...but its not.

I do agree with this, as well.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

I'd rather that the Cernos Prime behaves similarly to Ivara's Artemis Bow. That bow deals the charged damage uncharged, but it also fires vertically uncharged and at a shorter spread, which makes it powerful for picking off single strong targets, whereas charging it only changes the angle.

If the Cernos Prime can do that, I can excuse its weird damage division. 

55 minutes ago, GOLANX said:

before there is a single shot mod they need to nerf the stats so it doesnt powercreep, imo it should be on par with Paris Prime (that impact damage will improve viability V corpus).

That's kinda boring...No one wanted a third Paris prime (dread being the slash version) and that's why they did this in the first place.

well we don't have bows for each of the IPS elements do we?

Also as a sidegrade to the rakta cernos the cernos prime is quite underwhelming.

The arrow fan works with Ivara's #4 because its got no charge time and no arching trajectory, porting those mechanics on a conventional weapon/bow doesn't work, also it makes no sense that the spread is horizontal.

I've farmed, built and mastered this bow and I've disliked it every step of the process, design wise this is a complete miss, also besides damage, that's split per arrow and worsened by multishot mods, all the other stats are mediocre for a prime weapon: mediocre draw time and mediocre reload time in particular.

44 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

People do NOT like the cernos prime in it's current form, it's time for you guys to do something about it and fix it.

Lie. I love my cernos prime.
Stop trying to turn a Cernos in another Paris.

Edited by --Blame--

On 5/11/2017 at 9:10 PM, Ikusias said:

well we don't have bows for each of the IPS elements do we?

Also as a sidegrade to the rakta cernos the cernos prime is quite underwhelming.

The arrow fan works with Ivara's #4 because its got no charge time and no arching trajectory, porting those mechanics on a conventional weapon/bow doesn't work, also it makes no sense that the spread is horizontal.

I've farmed, built and mastered this bow and I've disliked it every step of the process, design wise this is a complete miss, also besides damage, that's split per arrow and worsened by multishot mods, all the other stats are mediocre for a prime weapon: mediocre draw time and mediocre reload time in particular.

We don't need ips bows for many reasons...First off impact and its status are not that great. Second, any good non-slash build is mostly elemental damage anyway, so who cares what the base damage is. Many people including me disagree and say that it's a VERY nice change of pace from THE SAME BOW. 

I respect that it's your opinion that this bow was miss but I disagree entirely, and Im lost on where you got the idea that multishot makes the damage worse.

I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone thinks such a change would make the rakta irrelevant. My concern is that even so it could never compete with the rakta and would continue to be a bad weapon.

The rakta does less damage per shot, but it charges 4x as fast, reloads almost 2x as fast, has better flight speed, 50% more status and the innate blight effect which restores energy, applies viral procs and gives you a movement speed buff.

These things more than make up for the lower damage, the loss of damage is really nothing with the much greater firing speed and slots freed from firerate mods.

Just maybe if it had a "burst" fire mode it could find a place somewhere, but I'm still doubtful.

I absolutely love how it looks though, it's a shame I can't find a reason to use it.

@Ironlixivium 

unless I'm sorely mistaken it seems that Cernos prime listed damage is actually it's total damage that is it the damage you do if all arrows hit the same target, seems so that by adding mutishot damage gets further diluted per arrow - if i'm wrong please don't mind correcting me.

Still i dislike this thing because it isn't a "bow" but a shotgun with charge time, while the "inferior" version, the rakta cernos walks over it in all departments, stats wise

Edited by Ikusias
tiping mistake

On 5/13/2017 at 11:48 AM, Ikusias said:

@Ironlixivium 

unless I'm sorely mistaken it seems that Cernos prime listed damage is actually it's total damage that is it the damage you do if all arrows hit the same target, seems so that by adding mutishot damage gets further diluted per arrow - if i'm wrong please don't mind correcting me.

Still i dislike this thing because it isn't a "bow" but a shotgun with charge time, while the "inferior" version, the rakta cernos walks over it in all departments, stats wise

Nah, it works like any other innately multishot weapon, in that it adds 90% of the base multishot with 90% damage. This doesn't dilute it at all.

I don't understand....Yes, it's a shotgun with a charge time, but then what exactly makes a bow a bow? The others are just rifles with charge times if that's the case. The only thing that really makes a bow different in Warframe is the model, the arrows, the projectile drop, and the magazine of one, which is shown as no magazine. Honestly, that's even a stretch. Crossbows shoot arrows, which drop, thrown secondaries also drop, the vectis has one round in the mag, and other weapons have a charge time. The only thing that bows have that other weapons don't are the model and ammo view style, so essentially bows are only different in appearance.  Even so the cernos prime has everything that makes bows special in Warframe so idk how giving it a single shot will ever help that.

I'm sorry but all I see in this thread are people who simply don't like what makes the cernos special, but what you want most likely will just make the cernos's fans dislike it, and find it to be another Paris prime.

On 5/13/2017 at 2:00 PM, Gravitus123 said:

Why is this still not a thing.Literally the biggest problem with the Cernos prime is that damn mechanic if it was just an alt fire the weapon would be much better.Also whos idea was it to give the weapon this mechanic 

The people who realize the community did not want another Paris prime, and tried something new.