Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neverending Exterminate

Mauverine

These are my personal views and my personal feedback.

I quite liked the old way the exterminates worked - you could kill all the enemies and then sneak around and loot, not having to worry about more enemies spawning. As is now, it's kind of an endless onslaught. The whole meaning of "exterminate" seems to me a bit more like "take out all enemies there" (as was before), and not "take out some, even if they'll just keep coming forever". For some of my weaker frames and weapons this gets problematic (No, I ain't an ultra elite player, that's just the way it is) as I never get past the first room of enemies. Surviving goes okay, but taking out enough enemies to loot "safely" as well and advance to the next room... not so much.

If this was implemented to make sure no mobs spawned in places where they could not be killed (etc.) then spawning just one or two additional waves seems like a better plan. Thanks for your time, whoever happens to read.

On a side note - a few of the enemies that spawn when the objective is completed in these missions have a tendency to look spastic X)

Of course, I haven't stayed literally forever to check if they ever stop... but I've used a few missions to keep lvling weapons a bit extra after the change.

It's a poor band-aid for missions in which some circumstances lead to not all the enemies being defeated. Boilers tended to raise the enemy count, but destroying the pods before they opened would result in 102/107 sort of situations with no other enemies to kill. I don't know the specifics of how enemies are spawned into a level and how intensive it is(was?) to have every single enemy spawned at level creation so there could be an accurate count, but I would also like to see the old format back. Finishing off the "last" enemy halfway through the missions only to fight through the rest of the "Broken" ranks to get to extraction doesn't make sense.

However, as was said, these enemies don't seem to be very broken (not that you can 'break' the 'moral' of mindless infested) I kinda wish they would fall into an endless [Terrify] debuff once the mission conditions were fulfilled, despawning if they make it to a room with no tenno and the door closes.

6 hours ago, Wanettedeath said:

These are my personal views and my personal feedback.

I quite liked the old way the exterminates worked - you could kill all the enemies and then sneak around and loot, not having to worry about more enemies spawning.

You would worry once you'll have to wait for remaining 20-30 to spawn once you killed 130 out of 150 but remaining 20 are nowhere to be found and then they will spawn god knows where and in bunches of 3 to 5 each time instead of 20 making exterminate a waiting game.

Also there's nothing to loot in 99% of cases in exterminate missions. All resources with a very, very few exceptions like rare ones like argon you have ten times higher chance to get from enemies not crates. Trying to break crates is ineffective. If you're past mr 3-5 forget that idea of "looting" something from those.

15 hours ago, RICK_BO said:

It's a poor band-aid for missions in which some circumstances lead to not all the enemies being defeated. Boilers tended to raise the enemy count, but destroying the pods before they opened would result in 102/107 sort of situations with no other enemies to kill. I don't know the specifics of how enemies are spawned into a level and how intensive it is(was?) to have every single enemy spawned at level creation so there could be an accurate count, but I would also like to see the old format back. Finishing off the "last" enemy halfway through the missions only to fight through the rest of the "Broken" ranks to get to extraction doesn't make sense.

However, as was said, these enemies don't seem to be very broken (not that you can 'break' the 'moral' of mindless infested) I kinda wish they would fall into an endless [Terrify] debuff once the mission conditions were fulfilled, despawning if they make it to a room with no tenno and the door closes.

Agreed - I would like someone to explain 'broken' to the three Napalms that are trying to toast my face off on the way to extraction! :-)

I appreciate the change to get rid of the enemies you can't find or reach (recently had a bombard in a ceiling and no punch through weapons on me) but I'd second a change in the enemy behaviour to represent their broken will....

Just now, Corvid said:

Funnily enough, that was the exact word I suggested for a hypothetical Endless Exterminate variant. Strange minds think alike?

Or maybe we're just really half-assed exterminators and can repeat the mission because we keep getting called back to finish the job. So another re-name option would be "Shoddy Extermination".

Doesn't bother me either way.  It does make affinity/focus farming more convenient in a way.  :D 

One thing I have noticed since the change is that there will be a line of Grineer enemies all marching to a specific area on the map.  It's easy to notice if you are solo with stealth.  I would see about 30-50 enemies marching like ants from one spot to another.  I haven't seen it happen yet with the other factions.

I recently started playing and fell in love with the exterminate missions. Being able to sneak around and trying to get stealth kills was the best part. I was able to get an insane amount of experience and focus points doing so. Now there's such large groups in small rooms which makes getting a row of stealth kills impossible. Also was able to explore every room of the map which helped me learn the game at my own pace. Now it's a survival mission without worrying about life support. I can see how it wasn't the best before for group play but doubling the number of enemies if 2 people play it together still would leave it enjoyable for the solo explorer and would help the team players get the experience and focus points they're going for. I also have noticed the line of Grineer running. They ran straight for the extraction point. All factions will do it if you cloak after alerting them. Which eliminates the need to find the exit. Please return the exterminate missions to how the where before the update and thanks for reading this. 

I don't like the new exterminate either.

Yes there used to be spawn bugs that caused problems and occasionally made the mission impossible to complete.  Instead of fixing the problem they changed the mission type entirely.

A solution that is either lazy saying "we can't fix these spawn bugs because of all the flaws in the level geometry that we don't want to deal with", or simply incapable of finding the source of the problem saying "we don't know how to fix it".

I realize DE is a small team and going back to fixing broken things eats up time.  But players have been asking you to do just that,  polisgh the game.  If you keep avoiding the issue it'll like up with the rest and this spawn problem will come to bite you in the future again and again.

On 3/27/2017 at 1:25 PM, maj.death said:

Is it REALLY never ending? They always seem to stop spawning for me after the objective is complete.

They do keep spawning but the closer you get to the extraction point, either they spawn less, or WAY back at the start of the mission. Often times on low levels or missions where you don't actually have to kill that many enemies you'll have the required amount in like 4-5 tiles if not less