Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo to be nerfed now?

SeaUrchins

It's a tad ridiculous that whenever we get something scalable, people are crying to nerf it. 

It is very clear, at least for me, that this is the way DE wants to balance the game and keep warframes relevant even at higher levels. Instead of getting set numbers, we get situational yet scalable ones that don't make something useless past a certain point. 

I think the reason he's currently nuking maps is because of potential stealth multipliers, since it seems to me a good portion of my ability to clean house with him is if enemies are so occupied with the rest of my squad that they simply walk past me/are on the other side of the room.  Granted, I'm currently only running Limbo with 155% Power Strength so that might also be weighing against the results.

As long as they don't remove roll-into-Rift functionality I'll be fine with it.  He's pretty damn awesome with that alone.

5 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

It's a tad ridiculous that whenever we get something scalable, people are crying to nerf it. 

It is very clear, at least for me, that this is the way DE wants to balance the game and keep warframes relevant even at higher levels. Instead of getting set numbers, we get situational yet scalable ones that don't make something useless past a certain point. 

Well , i suggested to change Limbo's banish, so it would open enemies to finishers instead of knocking them down. That would make him scalable as well, but not on that level.

Problem is: This is probably the easiest scalable skill now, and i personally, have nothing against it, bacause to use it, you have to sacrifice literally every other way of playing him. 
I already found two options of playing him. But without some minor QoL changes, they are clunky and uncomfortable. It's easier to onshot the whole map, rather than playing on keyboard like on a piano. Even though My way of playing him is pretty neat, yet clunky.

Edited by Quanlain

Just now, Retequizzle said:

I think the reason he's currently nuking maps is because of potential stealth multipliers, since it seems to me a good portion of my ability to clean house with him is if enemies are so occupied with the rest of my squad that they simply walk past me/are on the other side of the room.  Granted, I'm currently only running Limbo with 155% Power Strength so that might also be weighing against the results.

As long as they don't remove roll-into-Rift functionality I'll be fine with it.  He's pretty damn awesome with that alone.

yes, the roll-into-rift really bothers me
Slide/Crouch-roll-into-rift would be much better, for keyboard users at least

5 minutes ago, Retequizzle said:

Can you explain why, at least?  As is, I am not seeing any functional reason for that change to even be thought of.

at least you can control when to get into rift, not every time you dodge roll
putting into a roll button just straight out killing off the dodge roll move
like when you wanna do a bullet jump, you don't just press jump, you crouch, then you jump

Edited by OoharaSora

4 minutes ago, Eureka.seveN said:

Everyone begs for limbo rework

Limbo gets great rework

Now people are complaining that the rework is too good.

I swear if I worked at DE I think I would consume a brick of cocaine daily.

getting in and out every second you roll is not 'great / too good'
it's worse than that pokemon episode that caused seizure (ok, maybe not as bad)

Edited by OoharaSora

3 minutes ago, OoharaSora said:

getting in and out every second you roll is not 'great'
it's worse than that pokemon episode that caused seizure

Then try to deter yourself from rolling while you are with him? Use bullet jump  instead for dodging. I use roll a lot for movement and it doesn't bother me that much. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

Then try to deter yourself from rolling while you are with him? Use bullet jump  instead for dodging. 

bullet jump is slower then rolling (at least for me), I only use it to get to high places
and it's harder to control in mid-air than on ground

5 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Then try to deter yourself from rolling while you are with him? Use bullet jump  instead for dodging. I use roll a lot for movement and it doesn't bother me that much. 

A lot of it is muscle memory, I try not to do it but instinctily happens. Sometimes in the most inopportune of moments.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

1 hour ago, Ry0uSh1n said:

Limbo Rework - What I think he should be

• Passive: While in the Rift, Limbo receives a slight Energy regeneration. Additionally, enemies killed in the Rift will grant Limbo 10 Energy.
  • Rift Walk: Movement Activated Ability:

While in Rift Limbo should not be able to be forced out by Nullifiers. Its plain as day that Limbo is suppose to be master of the Rift. So why does he take damage from outside of the rift. Makes absolutely no sense. Now to keep with the quest line that was mention that Original Limbo was destroyed by the rift, compensate the energy regen for hp loss while in the rift. To compensate for rejuvenation mod, just change it so that any limbo equipped with this mod or in a party with someone equipped with said mod will not regen while in the rift.

Since Limbo would be in the rift, rejuvenation aura mods from other party members will be canceled out if they are outside the rift and limbo is in. It would just be a matter of a check to see if Limbo is in the rift, if so disable hp regen for limbo only. All other party members that are not limbo will still be able to benefit from rejuvenation if its equipped on limbo if they are inside the rift. As for Limbo he is unable to regen hp while in the rift. This in turn would be his flaw. This would be the ONLY damage limbo can take while in the rift. This would keep limbo players from just sitting in the rift becoming immune to all damage with the exception of his flaw.

• 1: Banish:

Limbo should be able to banish both from and to the rift. Not just one way. Limbo is in rift, decides to pull enemy to rift with him. He should be able to do so.

• 2. Stasis:

This ability in my opinion, should have its own timer, of something around 5 seconds. Having it affected by duration mods just is too much. It would have the risk if say for example, Limbo pops cataclysm over a group of enemies, pops stasis, limbo has 5 seconds to dish out as much damage to the enemies within before stasis wears off. Have it on maybe a 8-10 second cooldown of its own. Would allow for more tactical use and not as spammy. This would still be a risk as when stasis wears off if enemies inside the rift are still alive, they can damage limbo. Which in turn is the risk of being inside the cataclysm/rift with enemies .

• 3. Rift Surge:

I havent really seen too much of a issue here so keep it as is for now.

• 4: Cataclysm:

Keep it as is, but ensure that if limbo walks inside his flaw kicks in and he begins losing hp.

With these changes I think Limbo will be able to actually be called Master of the Rift. IMO I would like these changes, would allow more tactical limbo play and still be the risk of being KO for being the rift for too long. Just as I previously stated, while in the rift and there are no enemies in the rift with limbo, he is immune to ALL damage and nullifiers, but has his flaw, a bleed effect. Now if Nullifiers are able to still kick limbo out of the rift, I better see some corpus units that can attack you from the rift that have similar abilities to limbo, otherwise my statement stands. Immune to ALL DAMAGE AND NULLIFIERS while in rift!!

Yea Limbo should be immune to being nullified while in Rift ( maybe Bubble deactivates energy regen instead ? )

- Limbo should Banish enemies and allies freely.

- For Stasis , it should have set duration like 8-10 sec  but no cooldown like you mentioned ( not affected by duration mods ).

- Surge seems decent ability, no change

- His passive and Cataclysm should have a downside ( both invul and nuke ) 1-2 HP dmg per sec / distruption of healing effects.

// from Lore standpoint , he is Master of Rift and Distruptor of Space-Time Continuum but Rift still dangerous place for him to stay.

- Scaling HP dmg of Cataclysm needs to be removed.( i don't want him to end as a nuke frame )

Pls don't hate me guys , I love his rework but needs some balance ( even if it means some nerfs ) and advantage against Nullies :D

*returns back to playing Limbo*

Edited by Aeon94

40 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

The current state is fine

No, it isn't. It is not fine that you get damaged by a number of sources through the rift. It is one of problems, which people have been asking to fix for years. It hasn't been fine and it hasn't been fixed.

Lol, Limbo already suffers from cooperative play due to way his skills work and people want to nerf him. Might just delete him completely instead.

2 hours ago, Ry0uSh1n said:

2. Stasis:

This ability in my opinion, should have its own timer, of something around 5 seconds. Having it affected by duration mods just is too much. It would have the risk if say for example, Limbo pops cataclysm over a group of enemies, pops stasis, limbo has 5 seconds to dish out as much damage to the enemies within before stasis wears off. Have it on maybe a 8-10 second cooldown of its own. Would allow for more tactical use and not as spammy. This would still be a risk as when stasis wears off if enemies inside the rift are still alive, they can damage limbo. Which in turn is the risk of being inside the cataclysm/rift with enemies .

Do you even sortie brah?

5 seconds is not enough for a squishy frame like Limbo. If several lvl 60-80 enemies survive the initial attack inside the rift you'll be one shotted.

Now you may exit rift, then enemies on material plane will one shot you.

That will turn Cataclysm+stasis combo to a death sentence on high lvls just like pre-nerf limbo with cataclysm

So 10 seconds is better for his survival

1 hour ago, Aeon94 said:

- His passive and Cataclysm should have a downside ( both invul and nuke ) 1-2 HP dmg per sec / distruption of healing effects.

// from Lore standpoint , he is Master of Rift and Distruptor of Space-Time Continuum but Rift still dangerous place for him to stay.

- Scaling HP dmg of Cataclysm needs to be removed.( i don't want him to end as a nuke frame )

So he gets hp damage/sec while mobs you banish runs freely in the rift as if its nothing? Seems like mobs are "Masters of the Rift". If Limbo takes damage so does mobs while staying inside the rift

Edited by DinendalMinyatur

18 minutes ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

So he gets hp damage/sec while mobs you banish runs freely in the rift as if its nothing? Seems like mobs are "the Master of the Rift". If Limbo takes damage so does mobs while staying inside the rift

Actually I thought about that but forgot to mention :B

- Enemies also take 1% of their max HP as dmg per sec and slowed by 25% while in Rift ( values are not affected by mods )

- Enemies are not affected by Rift-Decay as long as they are under Stasis effect.

Edited by Aeon94