Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't I use the same damn mods on my sentinel?

(PSN)LeBlingKing

Question

25 answers to this question

Don't bother with sentinel weapon. Sorted.

Seriously though. They either steal kills from you or are too weak to make a dent on enemies.

Vacuum, animal instinct, and survivability cos I don't want to lose my vacuum. That's the perfect sentinel for me.

Sentinels should be seen and not heard :cool:

12 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

It's annoying to have to max another Serration or Pathogen Rounds because I can't use my ALREADY MAXED MODS ON MY WARFRAME AND SENTINEL AT THE SAME TIME

Because you can't have the same thing in two places at the same time? 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

It's annoying to have to max another Serration or Pathogen Rounds because I can't use my ALREADY MAXED MODS ON MY WARFRAME AND SENTINEL AT THE SAME TIME

You actually answered the question yourself. You have one copy of a mod that you use for your primary weapon. Therefore this copy of the mod is no longer available for another weapon of the same type. 

Is this annoying? For sure. But it nonetheless makes sense the way it is implemented at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Loviam said:

I solved this problem by maxing both the shotgun and the rifle variant of the sentinel weapons. I understand this may be a $&*^ around for other people but it's how I solved it personally 

Same (and melee weapons for the de-constructor) but as there is no way to tell which mod is which i still get caught out sometimes.

Well I sorted it out like i have both sweeper and vulklok maxed and forma'd and swap them accordingly to what primary im using, that way i don't have to have 2 same mods on both. And I wouldn't consider them all that weak, sure it's not a primary rifle but my vulklok with 50% crit chance and 90% status is quite good.

We used to able to do this, but people felt it wasnt realistic so they changed it. Which doesnt makes sense for me, because it is a game after all and its not like its build after being realistic as possible. So its just nuisance THB.

12 minutes ago, chaotea said:

It doesnt make much sense, seeing as with other pets they have exclusive seperate damage mods.

Continuing with your statement would result in adding special Sentinelweapon mods, which would actually be the same like it is now, except the fact you have to farm them again.

22 minutes ago, Loviam said:

I solved this problem by maxing both the shotgun and the rifle variant of the sentinel weapons. I understand this may be a $&*^ around for other people but it's how I solved it personally 

Same. I did originally just max duplicates, but with some mods I only had one copy so I just alternate the sentinel weapon depending on what I use.

@(PS4)LeBlingKing69 I have a workaround I have been using for the past 4 years that you might appreciate and I am almost 100% sure it should work on console. This issue is rather irritating and DE would most likely change how things work if only the problem was brought to light in a more public way, perhaps during a devstream. Can't really speak on the exploit I've been using out of fear for it getting patched.

1 hour ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Its also annoying that I can't be at work and at home at the same time, but that's the laws of physics for ya.

One modification can not be in two places at once.  Just because you can 'install' it in dozens of guns without problems doesn't mean its used in all of them Two weapons, 1 mod, cannot be shared.  Maths are fun!

47 minutes ago, Aeon66 said:

We used to able to do this, but people felt it wasnt realistic so they changed it. Which doesnt makes sense for me, because it is a game after all and its not like its build after being realistic as possible. So its just nuisance THB.

There is plenty of realism in this game, even fantasy worlds have rules they should follow.  Otherwise it would be nonsensical and ridiculous and pointless.  We have armor, armor mitigates damage, that's realistic.  Maybe they should just say to hell with the rules and let level 6 chargers one-shot valkyr through all of her DR every once in a while.  Know what that'd be called if it happened?  A bug.

No sir! that's not a bug!  We are a game!  We has no rules!  ANARCHY!!!

You can't really use the laws of physics as a reasonable answer in a game where you can teleport, go invisible, shoot fire out your a**, and control a warframe with your mind..

I don't really mind needing two sets of mods, but I wish they would hide the one that is already equipped. It's annoying trying to figure out what's already equipped when you're modding a weapon.

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)xBucknastyx72 said:

I don't really mind needing two sets of mods, but I wish they would hide the one that is already equipped. It's annoying trying to figure out what's already equipped when you're modding a weapon.

This. I doubt that this is so hard to implement.

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

There is plenty of realism in this game, even fantasy worlds have rules they should follow.  Otherwise it would be nonsensical and ridiculous and pointless.  We have armor, armor mitigates damage, that's realistic.  Maybe they should just say to hell with the rules and let level 6 chargers one-shot valkyr through all of her DR every once in a while.  Know what that'd be called if it happened?  A bug.

No sir! that's not a bug!  We are a game!  We has no rules!  ANARCHY!!!

And there are plenty of things that doesn't follow realism either, so that argument doesn't really work in why it shouldn't. Its a game you dont need realism all over it, only parts that makes sense (like in armor as you said), but one should also think about QoL. It doesn't make sense to make a feature that is unwanted, just for keeping it realistic 

What annoys me is that we used to be able to do this, but then they changed because of "realism" that people complained about. All i see is "we want to grind more for the same benefit".

Edited by Aeon66

3 hours ago, Aeon66 said:

but one should also think about QoL.

I am always annoyed whenever I play a game that attempts to simulate bag space or item size being placed inside bags, for example Diablo 2.  Long swords versus gems and then they have thousands of items dropping from enemies.

Like Its just a game, let us carry everything ffs!

I got over it.

Using two versions of the same mod is easily bypassed.  Using the rare Prime mods like primed fury?  Well, you're just out of luck there, and it was a decision DE made and one I just happen to support.

I see mods as card representations of physical enhancements being placed upon a frame/weapon/sent/pet, if two of these items happen to have slots available for the same mod, well you cant enhance two items with the same mod at the same time.

Or maybe we should start a riot about being forced to place a catalyst/reactor into each and every thing we own, why can't we just use one of each in all of them?

I dunno, I like this type of realism.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

I am always annoyed whenever I play a game that attempts to simulate bag space or item size being placed inside bags, for example Diablo 2.  Long swords versus gems and then they have thousands of items dropping from enemies.

Like Its just a game, let us carry everything ffs!

I got over it.

Using two versions of the same mod is easily bypassed.  Using the rare Prime mods like primed fury?  Well, you're just out of luck there, and it was a decision DE made and one I just happen to support.

I see mods as card representations of physical enhancements being placed upon a frame/weapon/sent/pet, if two of these items happen to have slots available for the same mod, well you cant enhance two items with the same mod at the same time.

Or maybe we should start a riot about being forced to place a catalyst/reactor into each and every thing we own, why can't we just use one of each in all of them?

I dunno, I like this type of realism.

You missed my point, the feature was already there and then it got changed. That is the annoying thing about it.

"Or maybe we should start a riot about being forced to place a catalyst/reactor into each and every thing we own, why can't we just use one of each in all of them?"

That is an entirely different feature of the game being free to play and it has always been like that. Therefore there is no reason to complain about that, besides they are given away for free (besides a weapon/warframe can work without it, it just makes it easier for you (as being apart of the free 2 play title)).

8 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

Continuing with your statement would result in adding special Sentinelweapon mods, which would actually be the same like it is now, except the fact you have to farm them again.

Which I would be fine with. I could melt my spares down for endo.

1 hour ago, Aeon66 said:

You missed my point, the feature was already there and then it got changed. That is the annoying thing about it.

The tribulations of playing a game that constantly changes, things change.  Maybe this will change again, someday.