Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ducats are way too hard to get now....

Ironlixivium

You have to farm constantly, only getting one reward per run, and sometimes not even that. In addition ducats are ranked by rarity, so your commons, uncommon, and rare are all the same, there's no better option for ducats. The system was fine when you could just run a survival and get a ton of ducat fodder, but since the void change, ducats were never updated and they're now very hard to gain in large amounts. I get annoyed every time I see some new way to get Endo, like statues, when ducats are the ones that need help!

An idea I had is, maybe there could be a similar thing to statues that drop from the void drop tables, that still allow us to get ducats from the void. Or maybe statues could be traded for ducats? Possibly even drop from the void too? But please de, take a look at ducats, they're terrible to farm compared to before.

Are you ready for this? I'm about to blow your mind.

Go into trade chat, and post saying "WTB Prime junk 2p each, can be in bulk or seperately".

That's a gold mine. I've gotten even parts worth 100 ducats that people don't even realize are worth that much. If you don't have the plat for it, sell syndicate mods. 20p each per mod sold=10 prime parts that people don't want.

Maybe it's just because I'm MR 20, but ducats are fairly easy to get. What i do is go with my nidus on endless missions (I don't bother with non endless really), turn off all the sounds in the game & then relax as I listen to a podcast in the background. I usually stay for a hour or two, after a few runs I have tons of good stuff to sell.

Well, its not that harder, consdier this, yes you were able to get several prime parts with one key, but also think about this, with bad luck you could get any 20 minutes as example only one part to, since the rest whould had been eather mods, fusion cores/endo, or at worse orokin cells.

Atleast each relic means one prime part for sure normaly except of course very rareely if all 4 people get forma.

Besides, you can farm relics very much on normal endless missions, get alos one in endless relic misisons itself, spy missions and so on.

Also get relic packs of syndicats.

I mean i understand people not having a big amount of time, but how long do you want to play this game?

Gettign things can and will take time, Baro comes back every 2 weaks, you not missing anytihng out if you not have enough ducats, you safe them up for next time then.

Playing the game for some time is and should be your goal and not jsut want all fast, i mean what is left to do till the next updates?

Simple thing is, farm relics at random, beleive me, doing random misisons and you will drown in relics.

Besides they still plan to let Eximus drop relics to, people like me will drown in them but you should be lucky they consider such.

2 minutes ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

Personally, all for it, it would give a reason to go back to the void, the place where Baro gets the items he sells. We could go and farm for the currency he accepts by going to his favourite place.

That was also part of the idea. Especially since De decided that it was necessary to re add the damage boost to level 40+ corrupt enemies.....For NO GOOD REWARDS...

1 minute ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Didn't DE say they were gonna reduce some prices from Baro due to how difficult it was to get constant prime parts?

Did they? I didn't hear anything about that.

I don't see the problem...

I run any endless mission (especially excavation) and very often there is an uncommon loot out of 4 relics which makes 45 ducats.

Also we don't need more source of ducats because they only have ONE use (unlike endo) and baro's items aren't that necessary

Ducats are quite a lot easier and faster to get with the new Void and Relic system.

Where you once had to laboriously form groups to expend keys, you can now leisurely drop into any of a random assortment of operating Void missions, get matched up with other players, and then have your pick of four possible rewards.  It's both easier to accumulate ducats and actually get what you want from the Void.

That said, Baro's prices still feel high, but they're now much more manageable a feat to meet when he visits with his much more ample inventory.

Basically, everything in this aspect of the game has improved vastly and is a much more rewarding play experience.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

Ducats are quite a lot easier and faster to get with the new Void and Relic system.

Where you once had to laboriously form groups to expend keys, you can now leisurely drop into any of a random assortment of operating Void missions, get matched up with other players, and then have your pick of four possible rewards.  It's both easier to accumulate ducats and actually get what you want from the Void.

That said, Baro's prices still feel high, but they're now much more manageable a feat to meet when he visits with his much more ample inventory.

Basically, everything in this aspect of the game has improved vastly and is a much more rewarding play experience.

I'd disagree, I found the old system much better for ducats as you could just one one survival or defense for a while solo or with friends to get a bunch of rewards from a single key. 

Now you have to spend a relic per reward, and even in a group, you only get better odds of a better part, not more ducats.

6 hours ago, Ironlixivium said:

The system was fine when you could just run a survival and get a ton of ducat fodder, but since the void change, ducats were never updated and they're now very hard to gain in large amounts.

6 hours ago, Ironlixivium said:

You have to farm constantly, only getting one reward per run, and sometimes not even tha

Actually you are so far from the truth.Number of rewards you get is doubled and you can choose what you get.You can see that with prices dropping dramatically for sets and rare parts.With that said you now get double or triple amount of ducats then you could in old void.

It's a simple question. How many hours can you pour into this game(in this case ducat grind) per week/day?

Keep the question to yourself, asking people on internet with the same question won't yield truthful or accurate answer anyway.

If you are sure that you spend same amount of time but the output dropped, the cause must be void changes. If Warframe can provide ducat/time played stats in record mode, it will not be a futile debate as it is.

Edited by Volinus7

30 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I'm just going to say "what the hell are you on about and what game have you been playing"? Is this a new method of fissure haters trying to get rid of fissures?

I have nothing against fissures. the system I mentioned is the DUCAT system. Not the prime part system. 

24 minutes ago, RistN said:

Actually you are so far from the truth.Number of rewards you get is doubled and you can choose what you get.You can see that with prices dropping dramatically for sets and rare parts.With that said you now get double or triple amount of ducats then you could in old void.

I meant to say per key not run. Please explain how rewards are "doubled" I'm confused on what you mean by this. Also, you're missing the point. the point is its harder to get random useless prime parts to sell for ducats. Especially because its ordered into tiers by price, so there's no cheap part (that will yield not much plat) that is also relatively easy to obtain and high on ducats. it's either cheap and easy to get and low on ducats, or expensive, hard to get, and high ducat yield. The old (ducat) system was better in that aspect as well, as it was not just rare parts are worth more, you could go for the easier to get parts to sell for ducats.

7 hours ago, Kramer17 said:

You can run endless relic missions.

And run out of relics.

In the old system, 1 defense or survival key could provide a players with a huge amount of prime parts and therefore ducats. Now it's 1 relic per part (unless you get a forma).

So yes, Void 2.0 has made it harder to get ducats.

11 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

And run out of relics.

In the old system, 1 defense or survival key could provide a players with a huge amount of prime parts and therefore ducats. Now it's 1 relic per part (unless you get a forma).

thank you, so much.

16 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

But there's nothing wrong with it. 15, 45, 60 and 100. It's not hard to farm or unfair at all.

I never said it was unfair, I said it was worse. There should be a slight imbalance, it makes the game more fun and better overall.

2 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

I have nothing against fissures. the system I mentioned is the DUCAT system. Not the prime part system. 

I meant to say per key not run. Please explain how rewards are "doubled" I'm confused on what you mean by this. Also, you're missing the point. the point is its harder to get random useless prime parts to sell for ducats. Especially because its ordered into tiers by price, so there's no cheap part (that will yield not much plat) that is also relatively easy to obtain and high on ducats. it's either cheap and easy to get and low on ducats, or expensive, hard to get, and high ducat yield. The old (ducat) system was better in that aspect as well, as it was not just rare parts are worth more, you could go for the easier to get parts to sell for ducats.

Facts are simple

-Now you can choose between 4 rewards instead of one making it more possible to get rare or uncommon part.

-DE made prime parts drop more and they didnt change prices of converting them into ducats.

-Only non prime part in reward table of fissure now is forma.In old void you had all kind of stuff in reward tables.Best way(and fastest) to farm for ducats were tower capture missions and it wasn't a sure thing that you will get prime part as reward.In old void,I am guessing that chance to get prime part was 50%-60%.In fissure missions only possible way of not getting prime part is if everyone had forma for reward and that is very,very rare.

- You get relics in all kind of random missions as reward.I have bunch of relics just by playing this game.You only farm for relics if you want specific prime part not for ducats.

-Nowdays you can exchange uncommon parts freely ,even rare ones, because they are almost worth to nothing unlike rare parts and sets from old void.That price difference is the best proof how much drop changed.

Old Void:

Get key (5 minutes), run forty minutes of survival (40 minutes)

Thats 45 minutes of in game grind. Add maybe ten for grouping. Assuming you are super unlucky.

~55 minutes and you get at least 5-6 prime parts having eight chances to get them. 1 prime to 11 minutes of grind.

Probably got three commons and two uncommons. 150 ducats. 2.7 ducats per minute

New Void:

Get eight relics (40 minutes), play endless mission to use them (40 minutes)

Spend 20 minutes in loading screens because you had to do like, five missions just to get to the endless mission which you are going to run twice

Thats 100 minutes of in game grind. You are guaranteed to get eight parts though. 1 prime to 12.8 minutes of grind. With a higher chance of getting better rewards.

Probably got 3 commons, 5 uncommons. Somewhere around 270. So 2.7 ducats per minute.

As you can see, old void was about 1.8 minutes more efficient per prime part

They are pretty comparable, but in the end it literally just takes nine more minutes to do new void and get the same rewards

2 hours ago, WolfTitan said:

And run out of relics.

This way was a free ride to Ducatville most times.

1 person uses 1 key with 4 others and they stay for 1 hour. Hitting Prime parts on the 20 each time, meant that players were getting free stuff off the game. This is the reason the system was changed mainly. Having 1 person pay and everyone drain is a loss for the game. THIS is what players are saying they miss about doing the old void ways.

Nowadays, we all gotta put in to get something out of ducat farming....and since we actually have to give something up to get something in return....many do not like it.

10 hours ago, WolfTitan said:

And run out of relics.

I've started the game just after this big changement. So i dunno about the old system.
But about "running out of relics" it never happened to me : I usually get at least 30 of the most common relics, way enough for a weekly Baro offer.

Edited by Kramer17