The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I equiped the hobbled dragon key because I like walking

Deshiel

honestly, that's something you should probably be doing in your own time, in a solo mission where you won't be bothering anyone else. nobody likes the guy who takes forever to reach extraction.

reminds me of  today's Riven challenge: killing blow on 5 Sentients with a Hobbled key on. Hysteria Valkyr made it a breeze. sadly it was another Latron Riven. don't worry Dex Sybaris, I'll get you a Riven someday..

1 minute ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

If you're playing Public, either your slowness is going to hinder the team, or everyone else is just going to do the entire mission before you get anywhere. So why bother? Do it Solo.

I bulletjump when required and they never wait for me when it matters, yet the hate is there regardless. Even all of you assumed the worst of me.

2 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I bulletjump when required and they never wait for me when it matters, yet the hate is there regardless. Even all of you assumed the worst of me.

Just ignore them then ^

8 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I personally don't care about this. Waiting doesn't bother me even a little bit (unless someone specifically invited me to speed run some stuff and they take a century to do anything themselves, but that's a different conversation). However, if you say people don't wait on you, then most of them wouldn't even know you had the key on to give you crap about it. 

But in all fairness, I could see how people feel like you're trolling them. Don't share the same opinion- people can play the way they want -but I can understand the mentality.

But if it makes you feel better, I sometimes do this in solo just to feel like a badass.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

I solo 90% of my missions so it doesn't matter much to me. However behavior like this, or people who dance right outside extraction, or AFKholes, or leeching is why I solo 90% of the time.

If you want to walk around with a Hobbled key, all is fair in Public matches, certainly. It's just a shame that in a co-op game, more people can't more considerate of other people.

45 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

People beg me to put it off, some are even vulgar about it. Am I a troll now? I just wanted to walk during a mission for a change...

If you put it on while I'm there you'll still get to extraction faster than me... xD I don't mind if you put it on at all, walk as slowly or as quickly as you want.

43 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

People beg me to put it off, some are even vulgar about it. Am I a troll now? I just wanted to walk during a mission for a change...

Well, personally I'd just wait for you because I'm patient like that. But yeah. If you're doing something you know will annoy others and you refuse to stop doing it in a public game... you are kindof a troll, dude. Don't get me wrong, I've done this too, but I do it in solo games, or private games where everyone is on-board with it.

40 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Even all of you assumed the worst of me.

If you're in Public, you're making a conscious decision to be worse. We, as your teammates, do NOT want that

Take your Hobbled Key to Solo Mode or to Orokin Derelicts, where it belongs

8 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If you're in Public, you're making a conscious decision to be worse. We, as your teammates, do NOT want that

Take your Hobbled Key to Solo Mode or to Orokin Derelicts, where it belongs

While this can be said about Dragon keys, what about mods like Master thief, designed for you to seek and open lockers that exist everywhere in every mission.
I'm only taking a conscious decision to receive more resource through a different type of farming, this can be beneficial for both me and my team, however the player mind-set is always the same boring "Run to the exit as fast as you can then relaunch the mission".

I'm messing with you obviously, but would that make me a Troll? I'm only being slower because I'm playing the game with an intended feature after all.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

1 minute ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

While this can be said about Dragon keys, what about mods like Master thief, designed for you to seek and open lockers that exist everywhere in every mission.
I'm only taking a conscious decision to receive more resource through a different type of farming, this can be beneficial for both me and my team, however the player mind-set is always the same boring "Run to the exit".

I'm messing with you obviously, but would that make me a Troll? I'm only being slower because I'm playing the game with an intended feature after all.

Didn't you notice these last few comments? Apparently everything that contradicts the speedgrind is an ill-intended act of trolling.

4 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Didn't you notice these last few comments? Apparently everything that contradicts the speedgrind is an ill-intended act of trolling.

So the "Dragon keys" were designed for derelect vaults.  Other than that there is no reason to use one. Just because you are able to do something doesn't mean you should. 

15 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Their frustration is understandable when the game rewards you more for mindlessly killing a few hundred enemies in a minute rather than exploring the tilesets for 10 minutes.
Slowing down or opening lockers and crate is just a waste of time if it cannot be done instantly from 20 meters across the map.

Well, if I were to do that on a daily basis I'd do it in private with friends who enjoy it just as much as it was suggested above, it does for a change and there's no problem with anyone having a different opinion of game style.

You can also join lower level survival and just do whatever you want, they'll follow you happily as you drop resource from anywhere. Good for making friend.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

So the "Dragon keys" were designed for derelect vaults.  Other than that there is no reason to use one. Just because you are able to do something doesn't mean you should. 

That's just an opinion.