The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I equiped the hobbled dragon key because I like walking

Deshiel

1 hour ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

While this can be said about Dragon keys, what about mods like Master thief, designed for you to seek and open lockers that exist everywhere in every mission.
I'm only taking a conscious decision to receive more resource through a different type of farming, this can be beneficial for both me and my team, however the player mind-set is always the same boring "Run to the exit as fast as you can then relaunch the mission".

I'm messing with you obviously, but would that make me a Troll? I'm only being slower because I'm playing the game with an intended feature after all.

Master Thief is giving your team something in exchange for your slower playstyle. Your team might not agree with it, but it is objectively better than OP's hobbled key

Edited by TARINunit9

acceptable ways to run a dragon key on normal missions

hobbled on a 'kill them all' frame, to be nice to those who want to fight enemys

decaying, for specific mod setups that involve taking health damage

bleeding, for a quick recovery/challenge mode

extinquished, status affliction build or challenge build

however, most people just like speed runs who cares if older players like playing in a different style... they just like running in a straight line and only get their stuff on defense or survivals....

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

So the "Dragon keys" were designed for derelect vaults.  Other than that there is no reason to use one. Just because you are able to do something doesn't mean you should. 

Dragon keys are there for fun and challenge. Have you ever done a Sortie with everyone equipping a dragon key? I have and that was the funniest Sortie I have done.

10 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

Dragon keys are there for fun and challenge. Have you ever done a Sortie with everyone equipping a dragon key? I have and that was the funniest Sortie I have done.

we ran sorties as operators with my clan. Whoever returned back to the warframe the most had to grind and donate hema parts. :D

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

No point to this thread at all. Mods should move it to off topic.

It's general discussion, the topic at hand shows a common problem that warframe encounters regularly without being mentioned often.
While the thread doesn't point it out directly, it can be said that the comments are slowly leading towards the point.

The game rewards running through the maps mindlessly more than it does for staying and exploring.
Tilesets are created with stealth and exploration in mind, there's chest and crates in places you'd never think about looking at, however most of the playerbase will never notice those features due to the general mindset that sees "Speed running" as the norm.

It's indirectly brings many questions to players.
Ense, this thread as a "Point" in general discussion.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

It's general discussion, the topic at hand shows a common problem that warframe encounters regularly without being mentioned often.
While the thread doesn't point it out directly, it can be said that the comments are slowly leading towards the point.

The game rewards running through the maps mindlessly more than it does for staying and exploring.
Tilesets are created with stealth and exploration in mind, there's chest and crates in places you'd never think about looking at, however most of the playerbase will never notice those features due to the general mindset that sees "Speed running" as the norm.

It's indirectly brings many questions to players.
Ense, this thread as a "Point" in general discussion.

That's great and all but the OP specifically ask...Am I a troll? So no this belongs in off topic or PhP forum. 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

That's great and all but the OP specifically ask...Am I a troll? So no this belongs in off topic or PhP forum. 

Off-topic is for subjects like "Does anyone else watch this anime I like that is not related to Warframe?"

PhP is for asking assistance with a specific problem like "What is the best way to mod my Sancti Tigris?"

This is a topic specifically related to Warframe, and OP is not asking for help but rather opening a debate regarding play-style. It seems to be in the right forum as far as I'm concerned.

If you disagree, I'd say that you should PM a moderator instead of derailing the topic further.

Edited by DaftMeat

1 hour ago, DaftMeat said:

rather opening a debate regarding play-style.

So you think OP is starting a debate on playstyle, by equipping a hobbled dragon in pug for no other reason than to "walk" thru tilsets and then asking the forums wether or not that makes him a troll....riiigghhtt lol :highfive: geez what was I thinking...

1 hour ago, DaftMeat said:

It seems to be in the right forum as far as I'm concerned.

Oh the pc hamsterrr err I mean "master" race has spoken I can move on now.  Cheers m8 lol :crylaugh:

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

You don't have to do what they say, it's always "solo this solo that". You're having fun, the only ones hindering the game are the people being rude at you because you're "too slow". Well, maybe they're too fast, maybe they're making the game less fun on their own because they treat it too much like a chore. I like players like you, you're just having a good time, the only thing you're really hindering is time, and time is something everyone should have when they're playing a video game. Video games are useless means of entertainment, you're always wasting time on them so you can't complain at people for their lack of interest in speeding through everything. Keep on my turtle friend. Y'all should note the Hobbled key only decreases running speed, not parkour, rolling, bullet jumping, or movement based abilities. Only running/sprinting c:

Also for Goddess' sake... This is not asking for help, nor does it belong in the PHP forum, if it did a moderator would have been here immediately or it would have been moved to the proper topic category. This is a discussion about this player's playstyle, they're not asking us to help him figure out if he's a troll. 

Edited by -MortisThorne-