Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about Steve's multicrew cruiseships

arch111

Sounds interesting, but i think we have way too many unpolished features already. Please don't add more if you plan to leave them in the dust for months or years once the novelty effect wears off.

Edited by Robolaser

They really should make Archwing good before doing that.   When DE first announced AW,  They also said "IMAGINE ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES!!!!" and " THAT HAVE SUCH POTENTIAL"......    Look at AW now.    Its not even finished.   And they going to add new stuff over this one? Meh.

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

They really should make Archwing good before doing that.   When DE first announced AW,  They also said "IMAGINE ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES!!!!" and " THAT HAVE SUCH POTENTIAL"......    Look at AW now.    Its not even finished.   And they going to add new stuff over this one? Meh.

I am one of those who like dogfighs and attacks on capital ships.

I am not one who enjoy floating mechas in space.

Funny thing is that in the simple prototype Steve runs, thats how I want my archwing to fly. Set speed,  easy navigation and locking and strafing Targets.

So Archwing may be in for a update too when/if this goes forward since they will share the same space and setups.

it would add more variety to the game. not sure how soon we would see it. code wise its probably easier not counting world cell management than lots of other things they could do. pretty sure we would get new earth tile set to replace the old dated resources and maybe a event or something to go with the new earth tile set 

Without a doubt it would be an amazing addition to the game.One thing I would like about it would be customization for the ships(atleast color, clan logo and cosmetic parts for start) aside of option to select different ship types.

Also the idea of using landing crafts is amazing, making each have its own weapons, atributes and abilities on top of that and its perfect.That way they would be more than a custom loading screen.

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

I am one of those who like dogfighs and attacks on capital ships.

I am not one who enjoy floating mechas in space.

Funny thing is that in the simple prototype Steve runs, thats how I want my archwing to fly. Set speed,  easy navigation and locking and strafing Targets.

So Archwing may be in for a update too when/if this goes forward since they will share the same space and setups.

Am I the only one who likes Archwings flight?  Reminds me of Zone of Enders, which was awesome and fun.  

I do feel like they need to add more to it though.  However, capital ship vs capital ship with Archwings flying around in between them would be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepic.

• 4 weeks later...

HOLY *!

I just saw the video and yeah, that's mindblowing to say the least.

I mean, yeah, current stuff still needs polishing, and current Archwing lacks stuff still (in my opinion it's mostly missing better Archwing themed missions and bigger enemies to blow up), but I'd be really down for that idea to be implemented into the game.

Like, if you read this Steve, I gotta say, this is a great idea. I'm so sad I missed that demonstration, though I'd have probably fangasmed so hard I'd have gotten kicked out of the chat or something. Perhaps present it in the Incoming Devstream too?

4 hours ago, Necromanrius said:

HOLY *!

I just saw the video and yeah, that's mindblowing to say the least.

I mean, yeah, current stuff still needs polishing, and current Archwing lacks stuff still (in my opinion it's mostly missing better Archwing themed missions and bigger enemies to blow up), but I'd be really down for that idea to be implemented into the game.

Like, if you read this Steve, I gotta say, this is a great idea. I'm so sad I missed that demonstration, though I'd have probably fangasmed so hard I'd have gotten kicked out of the chat or something. Perhaps present it in the Incoming Devstream too?

Username fits.

• 2 months later...
Just now, Aceofgods said:

Wonder if this is still a thing.

I think Steve have been looking at the competion. Plains of Eidolon looks like Destiny, No mans sky  and Horizon zero dawn and Clan ships remind me of Dreadnaught and the crazy visions of Star Citizen.

We know Dojos and clans are in focus so if he sells this as an addition to new moba Dark Sectors maby ...

Anyway I hope so.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

It was a Steve brain storm and quicky concept, but from what we saw at TennoCon they do seem to be working on true concept art for a Tenno attack ship mode.

That's right!  Clan ships. 

9 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

It was a Steve brain storm and quicky concept, but from what we saw at TennoCon they do seem to be working on true concept art for a Tenno attack ship mode.

I couldn't make it to TennoCon, do you happen to have a link to the attack ship?

On 4/12/2017 at 2:23 PM, oshunter124 said:

If this happens and we do it, everyone on the ship is becoming hydroid in my clan. No exceptions.

It wouldn't make sense to have a ship completely comprised of captains.... Wouldn't the bandit looking Mesa be a better crewman? Or the signature tough guy Rhino? Or the weak/skinny looking deckhand nidus/excalibur/loki?

You can however demand that every person use the Zarr for primary, Twin Rogga for secondary and Nami Solo/Skyla for melee. Also that every person use the Para skin on their carrier. Too bad we dont have monkey kubrows...

1 hour ago, Aceofgods said:

I couldn't make it to TennoCon, do you happen to have a link to the attack ship?

It was shown in the Developer Art Panel, so here you go. (Should be shown a few seconds after the time mark)

Edited by SilvaDreams

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

It was shown in the Developer Art Panel, so here you go. (Should be shown a few seconds after the time mark)

This confirms that the concept is in the pipes... Which honestly is getting my love for space battles jumping and almost killing me right now... 

On 4/12/2017 at 6:19 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

I just hope DE prioritizes real problems over flying a ship. Enemy scaling and taking a look at older systems should become a priority. It is getting kind of old when they keep adding to the broken foundation. And please the UI needs to be the #1 at the moment. UI is fixed :D

Why does this always come up?

Guys, there are separate people working on different aspects. Steve is Creative director, Scott Design, etc.

There's people that work on bug fixes and changes/balance pass while others work on implementing new things, art, sound, etc.. Steve is generally working on new stuff, the "future of warframe". Just because he's working on something doesn't mean the entire warframe staff is. There's alot to do and some things aren't considered priority, others are. Things will get worked on in time.

Edited by Echoa

2 hours ago, Echoa said:

Guys, there are separate people working on different aspects. Steve is Creative director, Scott Design, etc.

There's people that work on bug fixes and changes/balance pass while others work on implementing new things, art, sound, etc.. Steve is generally working on new stuff, the "future of warframe". Just because he's working on something doesn't mean the entire warframe staff is. There's alot to do and some things aren't considered priority, others are. Things will get worked on in time.

Which brings to me a question I've ALWAYS wanted to ask. If Steve is the creative fellow (that I'd love to converse with at some point about stuff, need to pencil in his upcoming next stream) in this motley crew, who IS the proffesional leader of the Bug Krusher squad? Do they stay as hidden as possible to prevent them from being drowned in a tidal wave of complaints about being slothful?

Edited by Unus

2 hours ago, Echoa said:

And I don't think it's really as big of an issue that some people make it out to be. Enemy levels in sorties are fine. I don't even think they have real complaints when they say this, it just sounds like parroted taking points.

Id much rather player ships than tweaking enemies to be "fair" for 90 minute endless mission runs.

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Which brings to me a question I've ALWAYS wanted to ask. If Steve is the creative fellow (that I'd love to converse with at some point about stuff, need to pencil in his upcoming next stream) in this motley crew, who IS the proffesional leader of the Bug Krusher squad? Do they stay as hidden as possible to prevent them from being drowned in a tidal wave of complaints about being slothful?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Development_Team

here is the warframe team

Edited by Echoa

59 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

If this is going to be a clan only thing then they are just wasting their time.

Sadly I must agree, unless you were part of small but very active clan OR big clan with many players you would have problem finding crew for your ship. I am personally excited for this concept but sadly I am part of small clan that has only few very active players, so I am afraid I wont be able to enjoy this :(

It just hit me like a ton of bricks. You don't think that the one ship prototype that they showed in the art demo will be the ONLY breed of Tennoship, do you? Because, theoretically speaking, It wouldn't be to far-fetched to have different kinds of vessel for varying crew allotments. I'd imagine we have the big 6 manners (a driver, four turreteers, and one border-repelled that can all rotate), scaleing alllllll the way down to single-man fighters that could be hired-on by crews as point-defense craft that occasionally dock with the "mothership" to resupply every so often. 

A tiny bit of a bone for us lone-wolves to have while everyone else jumps on the party-bomber and fills the sky with beams.