Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara's augment insults design council, Titania's augment is beyond terrible

LazerusKI

14 hours ago, Trichouette said:

I think he means, you can either accelerate, or slow, but you can't accelerate and slow the same projectile

example :

you shoot an arrow > you can slow it down > you can put back the speed to normal and then you can't accelerate it

exactly.

from 3 stages (Slow - Normal - Fast) usually only two work.

From Normal to Slow and back or from Normal to Fast and back

Some people have really been looking forward to those Augments for a long time now, the vote was ages ago, and even though we already got one of them before, this new one is now completely different from any of the Augments on the Design Council voting list.

That's pretty disrespectful I think.

it happened a lot in the past that DE choose to decide different from the votes
a possible reason for this might be problems during the implementation of the original winner of the vote
or some scaling or mechanic issue that they couldn't see when they allowed us to vote on it

i agree it feels weird that DE doesn't stick to the voting result
but some part of me wants to believe that they have a good reason for it if they don't
and i wish they would tell us the reason so we could understand it without feeling stepped over and left behind

9 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Okay, but Firewalker already Heat procs enemies, which holds them in place anyways. A slow is redundant.

Have you tried Nezha's augment? I recommend it. It adds some scaling damage to Firewalker's (admittedly kind of boring) normal execution. Been messing around with it today and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

This makes me proud 

19 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Teleporting to the projectile when you ended it.

16 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Yeah, and mechanically speaking it doesn't sound much different than going into Operator Mode and returning.

Except for one thing: It would have been a hek of a lot easier to go out of bounds with that one and I'm betting that DE wasn't able to fix it so that it worked but didn't give a players a "Here, have a get out of level bounds at any time with no effort at all!" button without impacting other things too much.

I can see from a mechanics standpoint why they didn't do it.  Imagine how easy it would have been to move to areas that players shouldn't go into because its too small for players but big enough for the projectiles?  Or how easy it would have been to go past the respawn walls?  Or how easy it would have been to move inside of the ground/wall/cieling using it?  Or any number of odd collision bugs that would have taken much too long to work out.

Sure, mechanically it doesn't sound much different than the Operator Mode teleporting, except that the projectile would be able to go a hek of a lot more places due to it being much, much smaller.

Edited by Tsukinoki

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

Except for one thing: It would have been a hek of a lot easier to go out of bounds with that one and I'm betting that DE wasn't able to fix it so that it worked but didn't give a players a "Here, have a get out of level bounds at any time with no effort at all!" button without impacting other things too much.

I can see from a mechanics standpoint why they didn't do it.  Imagine how easy it would have been to move to areas that players shouldn't go into because its too small for players but big enough for the projectiles?  Or how easy it would have been to go past the respawn walls?  Or how easy it would have been to move inside of the ground/wall/cieling using it?

Sure, mechanically it doesn't sound much different than the Operator Mode teleporting, except that the projectile would be able to go a hek of a lot more places due to it being much, much smaller.

Hmm, I guess you've got a point there. But still, they could have picked another Augment from the vote.

43 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Some people have really been looking forward to those Augments for a long time now, the vote was ages ago, and even though we already got one of them before, this new one is now completely different from any of the Augments on the Design Council voting list.

That's pretty disrespectful I think.

Theve mentioned before that sometimes some augement ideas chosen by the community take longer than others to implement, or just dont work, but that they often have other augments in the wings to replace them. Its all been explained before and is perfectly reasonable.

Meh, I once had a Trinity augment idea for sharing Link with teammates that got a huge amount of upvotes, but still didn't make the final voting poll although a bunch of less "popular" ideas did. The Design Council was a nice idea, but it's implementation is very shallow and limited. I can understand why since most of the people in the DC do not have a background in game design theory or fully understand game balance ... but that doesn't mean I like it.

At the very least, they could have reopened the Design Council thread just to make an update/explanation, and I hope they would consider doing so in the future.

1 hour ago, TaylorsContraction said:

DE realized that the voted for augment would just be another abuseable wall glitch mechanic, especially if it worked with punch through.

But they still didn't use any of the other suggestions.

*Edit: and if it was a game-breaking augment, it should not have gone into the final poll at all.

Edited by DaftMeat

10 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

But they still didn't use any of the other suggestions.

*Edit: and if it was a game-breaking augment, it should not have gone into the final poll at all.

I agree that they should have used another suggestion, but I think DE honestly didn't realize how game-breaking a "teleport to ivara's navigator" could be until they actually decided to start working on it.

I mean the idea sounds harmless.  Its only when you actually try to implement it and start working on it can you see how breaking it could be and you start asking questions about it.

It was probably just something that slipped by them until they started to actually test it and then had an "Oh crap..." moment about it.

Still wish one of the other augments had been made instead...

VOTED FOR-LOLLOL there is no voting system in place in Nurframe there is only Warframe forums WHICH IS NOT VOTING it's discussing topics. I agree 1 million percent there should be a voting system in Nurframe. very similar to "darvos totally legit sale "the system is already in place we've already voted on darbos deals. The idea and concept of De making their updates and we the players very simply giving feedback on voting polls whether we like ideas or not it could be small idea changes or large it's up to them we are just giving feedback that is all we ask. There are no negative aspects with this idea the goal is to get Warframe grapes  again we're striving to have a Utopia.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

VOTED FOR-LOLLOL there is no voting system in place in Nurframe there is only Warframe forums WHICH IS NOT VOTING it's discussing topics. I agree 1 million percent there should be a voting system in Nurframe. very similar to "darvos totally legit sale "the system is already in place we've already voted on darbos deals. The idea and concept of De making their updates and we the players very simply giving feedback on voting polls whether we like ideas or not it could be small idea changes or large it's up to them we are just giving feedback that is all we ask. There are no negative aspects with this idea the goal is to get Warframe grapes  again we're striving to have a Utopia.

Apparently they vote stuffs in design council only and OP just said that they ignored vote result and stuffs in the vote list. 

Why would they even care to let normal players vote at this point?

Edited: You don't get what's going on in this thread at all as if it doesn't make your attempt more futile. Keep going with your manifesto then.

Edited by Volinus7

Volinus7-"Why would they even care to let normal players vote at this point"

the idea and goal is to have this voting system in place towards the beginning of Warframe they obviously did not that's there missed opportunity. For the life of me I would love to call this game Warframe again but I can't it's  honestly Nurframe.