The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council's Experimental Second Home: General Forums!

On 4/13/2017 at 8:42 PM, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Unfortunately this little experiment and the Council itself areally the only places we got, aside from just being part of the crowd in any other situation :(

There's nothing wrong with being a part of the community in every situation, and I maintain that this thread was not needed. There's nothing to be sad about. We're not an oppressed minority. We can access the public forums and get to use a private forum and chat in-game, and vote on actual in-game assets, mechanics, and dev projects. No matter how minuscule we may feel our input is compared to what we wish we could do, we are still more privileged than non-DC members.

So there's no reason for us to publicly complain about much.

A major reason for this experiment was to give dialogue between DC and General,

We can already talk to normal members.

in addition to shoving some stuff down some of the more Elitist Founder's throats (Not everyone of them, just the elitist few), as they have been pushing us away for being invited in, in addition to, i'm sure, a multitude of othe things...

This is a poor reason to make a topic outside of DC. If you have an issue with a member or members, take it up with them in the DC, via a PM, talk to a member in authority above them, or ignore the member(s) entirely. Bringing this up at all only invites drama, and blows the issue out of proportion.

Any member can criticize another in the DC, but they cannot ostracize or push them out. We were all invited by DE, and we will all remain unless we choose to opt-out or are removed for doing something really bad. (What that would be, I don't know.)

In other words, what another DC member thinks of you (or me) is irrelevant to your (or my) place in the DC.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:43 PM, Unus said:

Ah, what voteing sessions have you been a part of that you existed in a Digital format at the time of?

• Syndicate augment creation (I put a lot of thought/work into the augments I was interested in based on the 'frames I know best.)
  • Syndicate augment voting
  • Naming the archer 'frame/voting on the top picks
  • Suggesting names for the infested 'frame
  • Suggesting names for the faerie 'frame/voting on top picks
  • Creating the healer/support archwing from scratch (then DE took the best suggestion(s) and went on to create the Amesha archwing)
  • Creating syndicate melee passives
  • Voting on tennogen top picks
  • Voting on Excalibur prime PBR (this was the weirdest one since the majority of us do not have Excal prime. I abstained from voting.)
  • Other things which are still top secret since they haven't been implemented in the game.
On 4/13/2017 at 10:43 PM, Unus said:

Seen any dramatically tense votes in your time?

Naming the archer-frame Ivara would be the most contentious vote I witnessed.

The DC also created the basis for Equinox (I wasn't there, but the archive shows this). Out of all the suggestions for a new female 'frame (yes female, not male/female), the female heal/harm or yin/yang design won. 

On 4/14/2017 at 9:49 AM, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Nah, just recently a few members have been very unpleasant towards invited members, calling us "toxic" and our conversations "garbage" and "trash". Nobody had a problem with anything before this, so it just kind of split some hairs.

See my points above about this. This was not needed.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

@Rhekemi, you are very into this huh, bud?

It's the only topic about the DC outside the DC forum. I'm a DC member and chose to weigh in. 

Giant Statements.

The size of the post doesn't matter if it's of interest to those reading it. Size only matters if it isn't of interest, which it clearly isn't to you.

Disagreement and honest criticism don't agree with you. I understand.

Keep it up, man, it's interesting.

As with any topic on this forum (or the subreddit), if I see a need to respond, I certainly will. How readers take that response (or if they read it at all) is up to them.

51 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

It's the only topic about the DC outside the DC forum. I'm a DC member and chose to weigh in. 

The size of the post doesn't matter if it's of interest to those reading it. Size only matters if it isn't of interest, which it clearly isn't to you.

Disagreement and honest criticism don't agree with you. I understand.

As with any topic on this forum (or the subreddit), if I see a need to respond, I certainly will. How readers take that response (or if they read it at all) is up to them.

Um... I can't tell if you took that positively or negatively. But I assume it was taken opposite of my intention.

Also, I never said anything about disagreements or criticism, I think they're important to a conversation!

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

*Edit* I got the wrong idea because I hadn't read the entire thread, just a lot of the recent posts. Let me be a lesson to others! ;_;

Spoiler

The whole thing seems, excuse the harsh language, like an exercise in arrogance, to me. When I was invited into the DC, I was shocked. Taken aback. I couldn't believe it!-
Only to discover, no, still no one cared what I had to suggest for the game, it was just a random selection type thing. I wasn't there to actually help design the game, what with being an idea guy (to the point that I have seven novel ideas I'm working on, all in different universes with different rules and casts, etc)... I was there to be a single vote. A SILENT single vote. If that's all I get, fine. At least I get that now. Trying to create a direct line to the devs is pointless, and, honestly, an exercise in arrogance that I, too, once entertained, if only for a brief moment. They have their own ideas and road-map. If any of you feel like you have great ideas for Warframe, why not hang on to them instead and wait twenty years to release your own game? That's my plan for now, since no one wants an idea guy and a writer, they want people who can code and model and animate, and I can't do that stuff yet. I went to college for criminal justice, not game design...

Give up your errand here and either make a suggestion topic with your ideas or a report thread about the issues you think the game has. If enough people agree with you, you'll be noticed by the developers and may even get a direct response. It'd be more meaningful than this, I think.

Edited by Max7238

I find it slightly humorous that it is more DC Members that want this thread gone than non-DC Members (To my knowledge, not a single Non-DC Tenno has wanted this thread gone). This thread really had no purpose aside from being an experiment to see how something centralized would work, and I'd say it was... iffy. Leaning more towards successful, but still iffy.

Definitely within my expectations of what would happen though, so I'm not exactly surprised by anything that has occurred here.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this little experiment of mine (Actually surprised a Mod didn't show up and say anything about me doing this), and I'm going to have the thread locked shortly.

Thank you all, and have a nice day :)

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Um... I can't tell if you took that positively or negatively. But I assume it was taken opposite of my intention.

Also, I never said anything about disagreements or criticism, I think they're important to a conversation!

Yes, I completely misunderstood the meaning of your last post. I sincerely apologize for that.

Edited by Rhekemi