The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 8

[DE]Taylor

Hey Tenno,

Are you ready for the next batch of TennoGen creations coming to Warframe? As usual, we were absolutely floored by the level of creativity and skill this round. Enough exposition - let’s get right down to it:

Syandanas

Warframe Skins

Helmets

Weapon Skins

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

If your creation or your favourite item wasn’t picked, chances are it is pending further feedback from our team. As always, I recommend reviewing our Basic Art Guide and Some Reasons For Rejection guide for help, or reaching out to me or [DE]Syncrasis for advice!

I’ll update this thread with more details on Round 8’s release in-game as they come.

Best,
[DE]Taylor

Edited by [DE]Taylor
fixed links, whoops

Thank you for accepting my Volt skin DE.

I don't want to get too political but please try to consider Yatus on future updates. I've never seen someone start so bad but work so hard to improve and get good, purely because they wanted to try and contribute to something they love. 

I don't know the guy but his work ethic and sincerity to improve and his eventual ability make things the right way really inspired me personally. 

59 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I don't know if they have a vendetta against him or not. But my problem with them is this: they aren't providing feedback to Tennogen artists when their stuff isn't chosen. They said they were doing that, but I don't think they actually are.

We absolutely are giving feedback! Our priority during the round decision period is working on getting the accepted pieces in-game ready. I have a slew of feedback ready to go out next week. :) 

1 hour ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I don't know if they have a vendetta against him or not. But my problem with them is this: they aren't providing feedback to Tennogen artists when their stuff isn't chosen. They said they were doing that, but I don't think they actually are.

They absolutely are giving feedback. There are private developer comments that only authors and developers can see on entries. There is no way to see them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Volkovyi said:

They absolutely are giving feedback. There are private developer comments that only authors and developers can see on entries. There is no way to see them otherwise.

Well, then, I guess that feedback only goes to select individuals. I've never received feedback (I am an author, btw), and I find it very hard to believe that Yatus has received feedback (unless he's just not paying attention to it); because, while the quality of his work has improved significantly, the style of his work hasn't changed much.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

1 hour ago, UcanDomates said:

They're all looking good, especially the Repala Syandana, I'm gonna buy that one! :D

That Repala cape looks very good. I'm happy we're finally getting a cape that looks like a cape. AND it has metal on the fourth tint channel.

10 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Well, then, I guess that feedback only goes to select individuals. I've never received feedback (I am an author, btw), and I find it very hard to believe that Yatus has received feedback (unless he's just not paying attention to it); because, while the quality of his work has improved significantly, the style of his work hasn't changed much.

Given there are many TennoGen authors, many pieces to be looked over, and a very small crew within DE tasked with curating TennoGen, it is unreasonable to expect them to give critique and feedback to everyone, or even most of them. (Remember they have to look through the files and test it out to see if the entry holds up, not just presented with fancy renders and images - that takes time too.) I believe that the general practice is that TennoGen items that are close to being accepted receive feedback. If the entry is perfect as is, or unfortunately entirely unacceptable, those don't receive any feedback at all. This is my personal understanding of the practice, I do not know of DE's judgement or curating process on finer decisions.

45 minutes ago, Volkovyi said:

I believe that the general practice is that TennoGen items that are close to being accepted receive feedback. If the entry is perfect as is, or unfortunately entirely unacceptable, those don't receive any feedback at all. This is my personal understanding of the practice, I do not know of DE's judgement or curating process on finer decisions.

There are two types of feedback we give when deciding a Round:

• Items that are basically ready to be accepted, but need some tweaks to perform best in-engine. This is very common, considering creators do not get to test their items in-engine. These items are considered for the Round that is about to be announced (ex: Round 8).

• Items that have potential that could require stylistic changes or overall quality improvements, with the intention of getting them into the next round (ex: Round 9). These creations will be given a secondary round of feedback a month or so out to see how the creator is progressing. A large portion of TennoGen submissions are given this feedback.

Hopefully this clears things up!