The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow feedback and discussion

Trickst3rGawd

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Why does having a priest-like design mean he can't have a kit that works off precision?

How about you play it first? A single word work-in-progress theme tag is not grounds to justify kit changes.

Actually, i'd like to consider what i've said as an opinion on the "on the works"  of what we got to see. 
Just doesn't fit right, feels like mesa's older brother. 

27 minutes ago, CrimeHole said:

I was thinking sacrificing shields to benefit your team-mates and your self alike with like a heal over time or something.

IIRC they alluded to this in the devstream, but said that they couldn't really show it off properly since there weren't any other players in the game. Was only half paying attention though, so I should probably go back and rewatch that part of the stream at some point.

first two abilities look pretty good and kept the theme of harrow, but the later ones are just like.. what?

spinning sword you stay in place, to get energy, and another one about energy? doesn't really fit the theme, and the huge focus on headshots seems odd. i'd rather he just be in more in line with the theme, like a dark cleric

just my feedback, seems like the frame got over-thought and spent too much time being workshopped and lost his theme/persona along the way

His second will have a team heal aspect, rebecca was trying to gloss over it because she couldnt show it off in solo, but scott was firm in pointing it out.

Fourth ability provides brief invuln, followed by healing for squad mates that get headshots in affinity range, cool ability, unique. I love almost everything about him, maybe because i like hybrid support frames and headshot weapons, I like to be the guy saving everyone. I for one am pretty stoked.

My only real concern is thurible. Is it energy for everyone i range of thurible no matter who gets headshot, or only the frame who gets headshot? It was solo so we couldnt really tell and they didnt elavorate on that. Other concern of mine is range, unless this thuribles pulse range is close to EVs, no one will be using him as a serious alternative.

Time will tell though... we still have less to go on than I would like.

Edited by Tesseract7777

To each their own, personally I am more excited tham ever, and I could see him becoming one of my main frames. There are dozens of warframes and not everyones going to like them all.

Also idk what yall are even on about, because they said from the very beginning that he was going to be a precision shooter, literally their first official leak. Hes a support healer/energy giver, who uses headshots, we pretty much knew this all along. Im confused how people came to expect something so radically different from what was stated.

I so agree with postings here. It looks like they may slop and flop this high potential frame concept miserably. I have another posting somewhere in these forums eluding to that fact :)  One point I would like to reiterate is that a priest, shaman, cult lord, whatever, has an important facet that need not be overlooked. He/she has a direct interest in his or her group, sect...

We need a clan and alliance support frame! I would elaborate more, but I honestly dont think anyone gives a rats hairy one what I think. If you wanted to find it, that post I wrote of is in here with my name on it...somewhere.

Edit:

Hard for me to shut up here seeing what is happening with this warframe. Clans could be more tight-knit the same way its fun to work together and make new and stronger friendships. I also believe its better to open new doors than to copy others and ask for back-pats.

Edited by 3allvalve

Eh, regardless of what "theme" he has, I think his powers are pretty cool and I like the idea of using headshots to make everything work.

To me, he seems to have a generally edgy kind of theme (which fits red veil very well since he will come from the red veil syndicate quest), and they had said before that, yes, he was a priest warframe but that he was also going to be very edgy with "priest" being the more subjective term.

Either way, perhaps we should take a chance to actually USE the frame before we start throwing criticism at DE...

3 minutes ago, Somb3rBivalve said:

and they had said before that, yes, he was a priest warframe but that he was also going to be very edgy with "priest" being the more subjective term.

See this is the thing here. I don't expect everyone to like the frame, I totally understand we all have different tastes, but I don't get the people who are acting like we had no idea what he was going to be. 

People who expected a classic archetypal priest ability set like you would see in typical rpgs were creating their own impossible expectations, because DE said from the beginning that he wasn't a full on priest, that he had some priest themed stuff, but they also talked about precision shooting and such, and made clear that like many frames in this game, he is a hybrid of multiple class archetypes.

It seems most of the people complaining are actually surprised that he relies on getting headshots when they said when they leaked him that he relied on getting precision shots. They created their own impossible to fulfill expectations in this case. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 hour ago, CrimeHole said:

Actually, i'd like to consider what i've said as an opinion on the "on the works"  of what we got to see. 
Just doesn't fit right, feels like mesa's older brother. 

Why? Because one of its abilities is based off headshots?

With that logic, I guess he's also Valkyr's cousin, since he goes invincible. Never mind the mechanics behind it or the kit it's in.

He's based on precision because Red Veil loves assassinations, with the Rakta Cernos and Rakta Ballistica showing they prefer setting sights on their enemies' heads, and they are fanatical (not necessarily religious, but we'll have to see).

Harrow's a priest-based frame, and we're gonna meet the Veil's Deacons. He is tailor-made for this Syndicate right down to his powers.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason the Red Veil exists today.

Edited by PsiWarp

25 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

He's based on precision because Red Veil loves assassinations, with the Rakta Cernos and Rakta Ballistica showing they prefer setting sights on their enemies' heads, and they are fanatical (not necessarily religious, but we'll have to see).

Harrow's a priest-based frame, and we're gonna meet the Veil's Deacons. He is tailor-made for this Syndicate right down to his powers.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason the Red Veil exists today.

Understandable but I was expecting powers that were more based on spirituality.
Guess We'll have to wait and see. 

I expected really dark aspects to his abilities given that it is red veil but...it turned out to be a mesa/trinity...the "sacrifice" isn't really sacrificing much. Shields aren't even worth it. They go down like toothpicks. The incense thing he flings and chains are visually appealing. I love the aspect of it but I feel the incense thing needs a better use. Some kind of cc, sort of like the toxin clouds but deals scaling damage.