The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #91!

[DE]Rebecca

I'm pretty much in the same boat as a lot of other people, my main questions atm boiling down to:

When are we actually getting Focus system changes? This has been a discusion basicly since the Second Dream went live, and the only part that got live changes is the focus farming (which, honestly, I'm still very appreciative of, because it was totally fun to get all the focus affinity stolen by that one guy that decided to wipe everything as Ash). I remember hearing talks about working a player's Alignment into the Focus system, but only as a passing comment. Is this an idea the team has been wrestling with? What about plans to expand the uses for Operator mode? Currently, Operators are wet tissues that only really have decent utility when dealing with Kuva Guardians, Sentients, and Shadow Stalker. Personally, I feel it would be nice if there was a system (perhaps linked to Focus) whereby players could customize operator abilities and stats, allowing players in Operator mode to take personally rewarding roles (stat-ing out to be more tankish or glasscannon; swaping abilities, or ability augments, to allow higher damage or support oriented effects). 

And, honestly a stupid little thing that would be nice to see: Operator apearence loadouts. It would be nice to be able to play with the look of my operator without fear of losing an apearence I've grown attached to and be stuck with a look I rather dislike.

7 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Any chance you guys are going to revisit rewards from archwing nodes? My main reason that i never play AW is that i can get better rewards faster from other nodes. Can you consider adding forma BP's or Kuva or something to AW nodes to make them attractive?

P.S. the rush nodes arent bad for farming low tier relics so I do use them every PA.

Also, update on shield gating? How will you deal with frames that have no shields like Nidus and Inaros? Will they have a 50% health gate perhaps?

Honestly, I don't think Nidus or Inaros need any kind of gating. They are by far the tankiest frames in the game (excluding Valk's ult), and you REALLY have to be playing them poorly to go down unless you're duing a long survival run and starting to reach your limit.

3 minutes ago, BAY35 said:

Honestly, I don't think Nidus or Inaros need any kind of gating. They are by far the tankiest frames in the game (excluding Valk's ult), and you REALLY have to be playing them poorly to go down unless you're duing a long survival run and starting to reach your limit.

Maybe in low and mid tier content. Once you hit one-shot territory 5.8k hp or 10 hp makes no difference. The only survival variables will be those gates.

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Maybe in low and mid tier content. Once you hit one-shot territory 5.8k hp or 10 hp makes no difference. The only survival variables will be those gates.

But that's what I'm saying. If you're in OHK territory and you don't have a squad with a healer or one who knows what they're doing, then you're at your limit. Shield gating isn't meant to allow you to survive further into higher levels, it's to keep you from getting insta-gimped if you make a mistake. It makes the system more forgiving, not easier.

Edited by BAY35

8 minutes ago, BAY35 said:

But that's what I'm saying. If you're in OHK territory and you don't have a squad with a healer or one who knows what they're doing, then you're at your limit. Shield gating isn't meant to allow you to survive further into higher levels, it's to keep you from getting insta-gimped if you make a mistake. It makes the system more forgiving, not easier.

Fair point. I'd still like to know if they're planning to give any gating type mechanic to those frames though. I do agree with you they can probably live without them. Never hurts to ask!

First of all, congratulations on Octavia's quest, boss was amazing. Kudos too to whoever is breaking their back remastering earth, looks just breathtaking.

Now, choose one!

Is there an aproximate date at which the new enemies will arrive?

What do we know about the new frame? No, not Umbra. You know who. Bobo!

Any plans to make kuva farming less tedious? I wouldn't mind actually having more difficult (not just a raw level augment, more complexity) kuva missions that give x2 or more kuva. Floods are okay-ish, but kuva needs to rise!

Any change of plans regarding arcanes and cosmetics?

Let's be real here: Nobody is going to distill an arcane, apply it to another item, upgrade it 3 times and do all that again for a second arcane (if they have one) every other sortie mission. Arcanes remain unused or ruin "fashionframe" more than they should.

Some ideas floating around are using emblems or sigils instead. Preferably nothing cosmetic at all like focus or something with the infested room.

Ah can't wait for this Devstream!

I've been meaning to ask for the longest time:

Has there been any consideration lately in reviewing and updating some of the gun-holding animations for some of the older Warframe's? Namely Zephyr, Oberon and such.

Because I swear the difference been Zephyr's Noble animations and the default animations is so negligible that I honestly thought you guys just forgot to give her proper animations.

Anyway, cheers guys and can't wait til' Friday!

Question: Are you going to make a way to remove the attributes of the original Arcane helmets and apply them to other helmets, Syandanas, or other cosmetics? It would be great to finally use my full deluxe skins, or the newer helmets with the added bonuses of the Original arcane helmets. I wouldn't mind any of the negative effects at all if I could always use the helmet I visually prefer. Also when is the next migration option for PC to Console?

Will the Arsenal UI be updated to include all stats of a weapon that can be enhanced/changed by mods?

Case-in-point: I have no idea how much maximum ammo any of my weapons have until I enter the mission, but yet I can attach a mod that will increase (or with a Riven, potentially decrease) maximum ammo. How come the Arsenal UI doesn't show this simple data point? Also, punch-through is very important on some guns, and is even innate on some weapons; why can't the Arsenal tell me how much punch through I have (besides me adding up mod stats manually)?

I greatly appreciate the Arsenal UI changes U20 brought around, and love the alt-fire data inclusion now too; just wondering now if there are plans to continue on this trend especially since Rivens now change everything from flight-speed to punch-through.

Hey all,

Been playing this for almost 3yrs now and enjoying it. Looking forward to post-beta :crylaugh:

Just wondering if there are plans in line to refine the squad management system. As of now, as far as i can see, the options while in a squad are either limited or buggy. As a host, i would be pleased as punch if i could boot out that one troll who brought the wrong relic, instead of having to disband the group.

can you guys make some QOL changes for UI so we dont have to keep running back and forth from foundry to codex to check if we've already mastered a weapon or not

simple mastery icon on the item would do

also can you add option to sell blueprints from foundry menu, or flag items for junk/sell from codex or foundry

Edited by Kratier

Love you guys, thanks for the biweekly stream!

I was wondering about the Braton and Lato Vandal discussion..any info on this topic?

Also can we please have the option to buy more loadout slots?  With more and more frames coming out we are really lacking for slots.

Finally can weapon swap speed get a little buff?