Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Tenno, Was Oberon buffed, nerfed or just a reworked side grade or what?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Question

Passive is still useless. 

Smite doesn't scale at all. Either that or I'm doing something wrong. Tried casting it on a Tech with some crewmens around. The additional projectile should scale with the Tech and kill the crewmens with lower HP but none of them died. I had 175% str. 

Hallowed Ground, Renewal, Reckoning is ok. Well, actually, with Renewal, the way it's affected by every single stats makes it really difficult to work with. More str? Good luck with that energy drain. Use efficiency to counter it out? Too bad, it's also affected by duration, your energy is still being sapped and your armor bonus only lasts for a few seconds. Add Narrow Minded on it? Oh yeah, now it's also affected by range. And you kinda need range for Hallowed Ground and Reckoning. Now you realize that you don't have slots and your stat is a god damn mess.

Also the armor bonus is completely tied to HG now. Pretty sure back then it had an inherent (albeit unusable due to the ability ending on full HP) armor buff so that sucks.

4 hours ago, malekas said:

He was buffed, but the buffs were such a small insignificant amount that you won't notice any difference. And Renewal is still a jumbled mess that makes no sense.

Oberon is still Oberon. This rework changed nothing.

Well he didn't need a full rework just some good tweaks. Maybe they didn't quite tweak a few things far enough but I'll see when I get home in a few hours.

I've always been grumbled at for using my Oberon... Though that tends to stop after I've picked up the whole team once or twice.

7 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Buffed correct, still garbage. I was excited for an oberon rework, but everyone I have asked who tested him in missions and simalcrum said he is useless.

Oberon, like all warframes, depends on the player

4 minutes ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

Not every frame has to be a straight focused dps healer or tank. Zephyr is a good example of fun.

Agreed. I think what some players expected was another nuke frame after the changes and got disappointed. It's like they fail to see the power utility has. Oberon deals moderate damage but has a lot of utility, ash has high damage but low utility.  You play both differently.  Maybe if they focused on the team more than themselves they would see the changes are in the right direction,  and tweaks will happen to make things even better. 

Just now, Sajochi said:

Agreed. I think what some players expected was another nuke frame after the changes and got disappointed. It's like they fail to see the power utility has. Oberon deals moderate damage but has a lot of utility, ash has high damage but low utility.  You play both differently.  Maybe if they focused on the team more than themselves they would see the changes are in the right direction,  and tweaks will happen to make things even better. 

not to mention utility in warframe is stupidly OP, Just look at the frost slowva equinox volt c combo that freezes enemies in place.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

from these comments, I somehow I get the feeling that Oberon Prime PA might still sell woefully lower numbers compared to other Primes. I bet DE breaks the chain and gives a more powerful frame a Prime until they finally decide what to do with Oberon.

Oberon is the one warframe people shouldn't want too OP or having too many stats he is the reason mobs get buffed or not, if he gets stronger stats the mobs do too.

Not every frame has to be a straight focused dps healer or tank. Zephyr is a good example of fun.

That's true, but if there's no actual reason to bring Oberon other than to be a hipster, then for what reason does he exist? Zephyr does goofy things, so hide behind the 'fun' defense all you like, but Oberon is boring, AND largely ineffectual. He is a REALLY BAD version of Frost, with REALLY BAD HEALING, and a REALLY BAD version of Avalanche. If you throw down healing pads as a Frost and use Icy Avalanche, you are now playing a SUPER OBERON.

1 minute ago, Kierlak said:

That's true, but if there's no actual reason to bring Oberon other than to be a hipster, then for what reason does he exist? Zephyr does goofy things, so hide behind the 'fun' defense all you like, but Oberon is boring, AND largely ineffectual. He is a REALLY BAD version of Frost, with REALLY BAD HEALING, and a REALLY BAD version of Avalanche. If you throw down healing pads as a Frost and use Icy Avalanche, you are now playing a SUPER OBERON.

You have no idea how much influence oberon has on the game don't you.

not to mention utility in warframe is stupidly OP, Just look at the frost slowva equinox volt c combo that freezes enemies in place.

1461704764773.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Irrelevant.  That's the case with any frame. There will always be something more effective.  However,  you can't deny the power of radiation.  It not only makes enemies fight each other, it also stops eximus and ancient auras from affecting them,  and Oberon is the only frame that can cleanse status effects from the team.  Outside of that you need an augment (Inaros) or a weapon (S Magistar).

Just because he's not meta enough doesn't mean he's useless.  He, like other non-meta frames, depends on the players own skill. That saddens me to no end that the meta is basically finding something that gives the most gain with the least amount of effort. 

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

1461704764773.jpg

Irrelevant.  That's the case with any frame. There will always be something more effective.  However,  you can't deny the power of radiation.  It not only makes enemies fight each other, it also stops eximus and ancient auras from affecting them,  and Oberon is the only frame that can cleanse status effects from the team.  Outside of that you need an augment (Inaros) or a weapon (S Magistar).

Just because he's not meta enough doesn't mean he's useless.  He, like other non-meta frames, depends on the players own skill. That saddens me to no end that the meta is basically finding something that gives the most gain with the least amount of effort. 

The skill required frames have an extremely low "Fan base" Zephyr requires a lot of skill to use properly because your basically in an archwing on land with reduced gravity, Oberon hydroid limbo also fall into said category. Some warframes just need the right pair of hands :P

However,  you can't deny the power of radiation.  It not only makes enemies fight each other, it also stops eximus and ancient auras from affecting them,  and Oberon is the only frame that can cleanse status effects from the team.  Outside of that you need an augment (Inaros) or a weapon (S Magistar)

Frost can freeze enemies solid (which is a lot better than radiation procs), and with the same cast, make the team immune to status procs AND give them something akin to overshields, AND WITH THE SAME CAST STRIP ARMOR WITHOUT NEEDING TO CAST ANOTHER ABILITY. If 1 augment and a few healing pads make an entire frame completely superfluous, then that superfluous frame needs to get some real, tangible buffs.

Just now, Kierlak said:

Frost can freeze enemies solid (which is a lot better than radiation procs), and with the same cast, make the team immune to status procs AND give them something akin to overshields, AND WITH THE SAME CAST STRIP ARMOR WITHOUT NEEDING TO CAST ANOTHER ABILITY. If 1 augment and a few healing pads make an entire frame completely superfluous, then that superfluous frame needs to get some real, tangible buffs.

I can agree on buffs, but your point is still irrelevant. I can just play fire Chroma and not need a frost outside of defense like missions. I can take my corrisive Prisma Grakata and an Adarza just to kill everything. I don't need a frost. I don't really need any specific frame or team comp to succeed. There will always be a better alternative,  in any case. 

I can agree on buffs, but your point is still irrelevant. I can just play fire Chroma and not need a frost outside of defense like missions. I can take my corrisive Prisma Grakata and an Adarza just to kill everything. I don't need a frost. I don't really need any specific frame or team comp to succeed. There will always be a better alternative,  in any case. 

Well said, Warframe isn't a game where a meta is actually there just shove trinity in any squad and it can be meta no jokes. And radiation procs are amazing, having an nully turn is the best alongside with napalms bombards etc.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

from these comments, I somehow I get the feeling that Oberon Prime PA might still sell woefully lower numbers compared to other Primes. I bet DE breaks the chain and gives a more powerful frame a Prime until they finally decide what to do with Oberon.

Mesa!!! She's "reworked" and gtg

:thumbup::satisfied::thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

This is such a ridiculous way of thinking: I have Chroma so Oberon is fine. There's always something better so leave everything the way it is.

9 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

This is such a ridiculous way of thinking: I have Chroma so Oberon is fine. There's always something better so leave everything the way it is.

That is not what I said and I was being very clear.  Your point that there is one better alternative means that can be the case for literally anything in this game.  It did not enhance your argument for buffing Oberon,  nor did it hurt it.  Therefore,  it's irrelevant. I agree Oberon needs more tweaks,  never said to leave it the way it is. I'm merely hinting that you're going about it all wrong by  comparing apples to tomatoes.  Comparison arguments rarely ever work as it shows bias. Take out your bias and you might be able to see what others are talking about.  If you can't do that,  then good luck in the future. 

33 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Therefore,  it's irrelevant.

Pointing out that Oberon is worse at everything, in every case, at all times, than nearly all other frames is not irrelevant, it is the very foundation of why Oberon needs buffs. He is so much worse than other frames as to render him meaningless. Simply being willing to drop healing pads makes Oberon dead weight.

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

1461704764773.jpg

Just here to mention that Nezha heals status.