Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Tenno, Was Oberon buffed, nerfed or just a reworked side grade or what?

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Question

On 2017-4-27 at 1:24 PM, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

-Snip-

The same build was tested against a level 10 Corrupted Heavy Gunner. Took the entire energy pool with a max Primed Flow. Spoilers, dude is still alive after all that Smite casts ... like, for real, it's worse than pre-rework Smite.

Personally I hardly felt any difference in Oberon. Tested him on today's Sortie. You still want to run around casting Reckoning but now you want the enemy to stand on HG while doing it. Renewal, as I pointed, has decent numbers but is difficult due to the armor scaling proportionally with duration but the heal scaling inversely with duration. The only good thing that comes out of this rework is that HG procs radiation reliably.

And if I wanted radiation so much I'd play Nyx. Or just blindly fire at crowds with a rad status gun. 

Now if people could just post actual arguments instead of retorting to "You just need to learn how to play Oberon!" or sarcastic replies, that'd be nice. This s**t happens every single time a rework is discussed it's honestly frustrating.

6 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

I was under the impression that his one was suppose to scale with enemy health and yet it take a LOT of ones to kill even a level 40 butcher, is it bugged or working as intended?

The patch note states that it scales with enemy level. It also scales off Smite's initial target, dealing 20% HP of the target as damage/orbs. But as I said in my first post on this thread even aiming specifically for higher HP target to kill the trash mobs around them doesn't work quite as well as I'd want it to be.

EDIT : While we're still at this topic I'd like to add that the ability gets worse as the level gets higher which is the exact opposite of what scaling means. The majority of Smite's damage is still from the initial cast.

And before any of you uses the "ho ho ha ha oberon can't kill level 400 frem sux" HE. CANNOT. KILL. A. LEVEL. 1. YES. ONE. HEAVY GUNNER. WITH 300+ POWER STRENGTH. god damnit.

I won't say that he's worse. He's still useable. It's just that they have achieved absolutely nothing with the rework. 

Edited by TotallyLagging

2 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Renewal, as I pointed, has decent numbers but is difficult due to the armor scaling proportionally with duration but the heal scaling inversely with duration. The only good thing that comes out of this rework is that HG procs radiation reliably.

But the heal does not stop even after the target get max health, its a constant regen now. Even if it the tick rate is low, the effect lasts the full duration.

8 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Doesnt kill lvl 666 Corrupted H.Gunner Eximus in 1 shot.

Delete him from the game. 

Forget level 666. His 1 ability cannot kill a level ONE (uno, hana, un, ichi) gunner at 350% power strength. 

Let that sink in... He SHOULD be deleted from the game.

59 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

Not a buff 

cause I  can't kill mobs by only pressing 1 button

i have to use my weapon, BLASPHEMY!

Overwhelmingly high power strength couldn't kill a lvl 1 heavy gunner. You go ahead and defend that. Post a picture of the check DE sends you while you're at it.

19 hours ago, Brachion said:

Too early to really tell at this point, but he doesn't seem to function any differently to me. Of course, his abilities may be bugged.

Not too early oberon renewal range went from infinite to less than trinity. back we were able to use renewal to extend the time it takes to bleed out when teammate thats far away is down and thats kinda gave oberon a good thing over trinity but now with the range being even smaller than trinity just telling your squad mate to stay close wont do anything.

Over it was a good rework but came with a nerf hopefully that get fixed or something.

He was buffed.  You could technically say that the scaling on smite is a "nerf" right now.  But if you look at smite for what it was used for and would still be used for regardless of the damage was good or not is cc.  It's still good CC.  His hallowed ground can now be more consistent with proccing rad which is another power with cc potential.  it also got a nice range increase.  Which some what alleviates the whole "standing in a movement game" thing.  Renewal now gives armor to those on hollowed ground which like hollowed ground's effects on status is a nice thing.  Not a strong thing but nice to have.  and it also sticks around even after being topped off.  Sure it doesn't have unlimited range anymore.  But unlimited range wasn't helpful to begin with.  No one 40 meters away in needing of a heal would get it in time.  reckoning now does more damage technically which is nice.  and it can also debuff armor.  Though i'm not sure how much.  I think you need like 2 or 3 casts to strip armor completely.  But it's still nice to have.

So oberon is a lot better off now.  That being said not all problems were addressed.  He can still be made better.  And that's fine.  I personally wasn't expecting to see him made meta from the patch.  His problems were more nuanced compared to other frames that got reworked.  This is primarily due to him being a jack of all trades warframe. Honestly anyone who's saying he's worse off now or is saying he was overall nerfed is just salty because they expected far too much out of this rework.  and you should probably take their complaints with a grain of salt.  It's alright to acknowledge them.  Just don't take them as the end all be alls.

Technically "updated", brought into relevance with a changing game. Scaling and synergy were addressed. Most would say buffed.

Smite seems bugged at the moment. The Abilities panel in the arsenal reads that it should be dealing 500 damage + 20% of the enemy's health, but results seem to be varying. Many are noticing the flat damage not being applied, while some other cases are noting absurd one-shot damage that shouldn't be happening. Expect hotfixes soon, I guess.

18 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Technically "updated", brought into relevance with a changing game. Scaling and synergy were addressed. Most would say buffed.

Smite seems bugged at the moment. The Abilities panel in the arsenal reads that it should be dealing 500 damage + 20% of the enemy's health, but results seem to be varying. Many are noticing the flat damage not being applied, while some other cases are noting absurd one-shot damage that shouldn't be happening. Expect hotfixes soon, I guess.

This is what I'm thinking. Smite has to be bugged or not working as intended because the damage numbers just aren't lining up for me. 

8 hours ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

*Facepalms* scaling means it gets better the higher enemies it goes. if you do the opposite it gets worst

try it with a lvl 125 heavy gunner at simulacrum.emptied his energy using his 1 and couldn't kill it.with MAX power strength.i went to test cause I heard a guy made a video showing how bad it was but I had to test it myself,its sadly true