Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

Just watch this video at 30:00. Honestly, the entire video itself should illustrate what the majority of players on here are discussing. And yes, we are complaining about the fact that a 300% max strength CANNOT KILL A LEVEL 1 ENEMY. I thought I was pretty clear. That... is.... f*ing... terrible... On top of that... even at 300% power strength, 2x level 100 enemies took ~4% damage from a FULL ENERGY BAR of Ability casts... 4%... let that sink in... 

Bud, if you like Oberon - great. Enjoy him. Defend the changes all you want; but it's a pretty silly argument trying to justify that the changes to his abilities are good. They were terrible. 

No more infinite range heal

His 1 ability scaling is garbage 

His 1 ability damage is garbage

his energy costs are exorbitant

the armor increase from hallowed ground is not enough to justify using the frame.

23 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

1) It scales off a targets maximum amount of hit points and is split between projectiles. Raising his power strength raises the number of projectiles thus lowers the damage. The guy has no understanding of how the power or the game works. This is the problem with simulacrum warriors. If he were in a real game scenario, he would use his 1 on an Eximus unit (which would ideally be of a much higher level and have much more hitpoints than the units around it) to damage the weak units around it and it would be effective. It would also deal relevant, not gamebreaking, damage no matter what levels the enemies were. But no. The derptard wants to mash his 1 key and make a scene.

2) There is arguing, he literally built the frame incorrectly if he wanted his 1 to be the focus of his build.

Instead of watching him play the game you should play it yourself. I promise you'll learn more.

I mean no offense but you're way too focused on arguing and getting offended over someone you don't like to watch, rather than the issues present in these changes. I'll present the issues I've been having and seeing others mention with his powers.

1. Oberon's first ability is objectively worse than it was because it has about the same utility but now does even less damage. That's worse. Not better.

2. His Hallowed Ground has been given some utility but still misses the mark in some areas. For instance- the carpet covers less range than Reckoning which prevents someone from fully utilizing the power's synergy with his ultimate. That's bad even if the power is objectively better. Secondly the armor buff has been stripped from it and moved into his 3. It now costs more energy and more casts for a duration based armor buff that before only required one button to utilize. 

3. Still scales inversely with duration, meaning if you want to build around Hallowed Ground you'll be hurting how fast you heal- which is supposed to be one of Oberon's main features. This small bit goes against the idea of synergy with the rest of his kit. My own personal gripe with it is that it still turns off a short while after casting it. 

4. While this power has some additional scaling brought on by an adjusted Hallowed Ground it's still a mish mash of CC abilities with less range and less utility than every other CC power it imitates. Crush has vastly more range. Radial Blind has vastly more range and a longer stun duration. Chaos also has better range and duration and is a third ability. The damage is nice but that doesn't scale well after a while, especially when it over-reaches Hallowed Ground which was supposed to offset this. 

What we have I feel is a frame that came out tweaked and a little better in some areas but still lacking in others. That's the issue. These tweaks were meant to fix Oberon's lackadaisical skillset not swap a few holes around and invent two new ones. 

15 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Actually, no. That said, most players/frames struggle to even make it half that long and require cheese tactics to do so. What I'm saying is that maybe its a l2p issue, or as we say in Dark Souls, git gud.

You can deny it all you want, but everyone knows how you did it (if you actually did it at all). You cosplayed as a basketball player and then kicked the bad guys while they were down. You can pretend to be a tryhard E-thug all you like, but you aren't fooling anyone.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno,

We gather here post Update 20.3.0 to speak on Oberon and his recent changes.

As of right now, we have changes and fixes coming in a later Hotfix based from your feedback and suggestions. 

Current list of Changes coming include:

• Added base damage to Smite projectiles. With the damage of Smite scaled into its projectiles, this will give Smite more punch when facing lower level enemies.
  • Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal will remain active for as long as you have Energy or until you toggle it off. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.

Current list of Fixes coming include:

• Fixed Renewal bleedout buff being removed when entering bleedout.
  • Fixed Hallowed Ground being impossible to see with low particle quality setting.
  • Fixed a script error with Hallowed Eruption Augment upon deactivating while another Oberon has Hallowed Ground active, resulting in the FX to remain forever.
  • Fixed Hallowed Ground & Hallowed Eruption Augment not hurting ragdolled enemies.

The team is also working on more improvements to the visibility of Hallowed Ground.

Thanks! 

It would have been much better to revert renewal as it was with infinite range, get rid of the inverse duration and keep the healing continuing with full HP and the synergy with HG.

Renewall only needed fixing it didn't needed this massive overhaul.

22 hours ago, Hastur609 said:

I mean no offense but you're way too focused on arguing and getting offended over someone you don't like to watch, rather than the issues present in these changes. I'll present the issues I've been having and seeing others mention with his powers.

1. Oberon's first ability is objectively worse than it was because it has about the same utility but now does even less damage. That's worse. Not better.

2. His Hallowed Ground has been given some utility but still misses the mark in some areas. For instance- the carpet covers less range than Reckoning which prevents someone from fully utilizing the power's synergy with his ultimate. That's bad even if the power is objectively better. Secondly the armor buff has been stripped from it and moved into his 3. It now costs more energy and more casts for a duration based armor buff that before only required one button to utilize. 

3. Still scales inversely with duration, meaning if you want to build around Hallowed Ground you'll be hurting how fast you heal- which is supposed to be one of Oberon's main features. This small bit goes against the idea of synergy with the rest of his kit. My own personal gripe with it is that it still turns off a short while after casting it. 

4. While this power has some additional scaling brought on by an adjusted Hallowed Ground it's still a mish mash of CC abilities with less range and less utility than every other CC power it imitates. Crush has vastly more range. Radial Blind has vastly more range and a longer stun duration. Chaos also has better range and duration and is a third ability. The damage is nice but that doesn't scale well after a while, especially when it over-reaches Hallowed Ground which was supposed to offset this. 

What we have I feel is a frame that came out tweaked and a little better in some areas but still lacking in others. That's the issue. These tweaks were meant to fix Oberon's lackadaisical skillset not swap a few holes around and invent two new ones. 

He lacks the forethought to realize that following Limbo's horrid release and the insanity that ensued for a long period of time that DE would rather release a frame with an ability that scaled off max hp undertuned than overtuned.

How pissed would you be if every game you went into there was an Oberon spamming his 1 to kill everything on the map like old Limbo? Because that is how strong it has the potential to be if they don't get the numbers right. They are taking our feedback and suggestions are will be buffing him accordingly, buffs > nerfs.

In no way, shape, or form am I endorsing the rework and I actually have a thread here with all the most popular suggestions gathered together. One of the buffs on my thread that was requested actually made it into the next patch. I feel they buffed Oberon in all the wrong places, personally. They tried to fix a generalist by making him more of a generalist. All the generalists in this game with the exception of Oberon has a focus. Oberon is certainly not the only generalist frame, and they made it worse by throwing on more random crap into his kit instead of deciding to finally give him an identity and really hone in on that. Instead of focusing on his strengths, they just added more to his toolbox.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed insult

51 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

For someone with 53% usage you sure don't know a lot do you?

((I tend not to tell others because hey, if they don't take the time to explore, their loss)) 

You're just as bad for attacking him. Also wow, why are people in the wrong for focusing on their mission? If you like to explore would it be so terrible to be a better man Tenno and mark the loot they didn't find? This game was founded on the idea of teamwork after all. 

I'm seeing a lot of people needlessly attacking one another or getting hung up on someone not liking something they like and arguing over it... C'mon people, discuss why and agree to disagree. 

That aside- I'm here to post what I've gathered from the feedback and my own playtime so far: 

DE has said they are adding base damage to it, we'll see if this improves the damage scaling.

Range buff pls DE?

3. Still scales inversely with duration, meaning if you want to build around Hallowed Ground you'll be hurting how fast you heal- which is supposed to be one of Oberon's main features. This small bit goes against the idea of synergy with the rest of his kit. My own personal gripe with it is that it still turns off a short while after casting it. It seems this bit was addressed.

Maybe the nice thing about a lack of infinite range heals is that it encourages a group to... I don't know... stay togetherWe have the affinity ranges on our huds now for Stalker's sake- is it really so bad to stay in the general area of your team? These are my personal thoughts on this though, which is why it's in a spoiler and not part of more pertinent feedback.

8 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

You can deny it all you want, but everyone knows how you did it (if you actually did it at all). You cosplayed as a basketball player and then kicked the bad guys while they were down. You can pretend to be a tryhard E-thug all you like, but you aren't fooling anyone.

It was actually a maiming strike built Kesheg, though Venka Prime + Knockdown would have been smoother later on. Either way, I see people all the time that run with Naramon that struggle to last 10-20 minutes, and even less that can make it to 40 without dying. You can say what you want about the knockdowns, but its the same across the board with most any CC frame going the distance.

1 hour ago, TheONLYHamster said:

dude are you DELIBERATELY trying to keep oberon worse?

because it sounds like you are

Just because it needs more buffs as of now, it still doesn't mean we need to fall into another extreme of bad. I remember that Limbo was also almost never played before due to his weak skill set, but a single mistake with the damage pattern of his 4th threw everything into chaos.

14 minutes ago, IANOBW said:

Wait, what are you even trying to disprove here?

Even if the scaling wasn't fully understood, 300% power strength should be way more than enough to kill any trash mob up to level 50, always. If it doesn't scale with power strength.... why doesn't it? Clearly it should.

Trying to justify his first ability for cc alone is silly when it clearly also does damage and is intended to "scale" with levels.

I feel like this question is retorical.  Brozime is basically stating that his max strength should be able to kill an enemy with the new scaling mechanic.  I disproved that by stating that power strength doesn't effect the new scaling mechanic.  Wether or not it "should be" is a different debate and not what I was getting at.  Everyone who liked borberon before justified the poor damage in the past as that it was cc.  Why is that different now?

14 minutes ago, Silence00 said:

Just watch this video at 30:00. Honestly, the entire video itself should illustrate what the majority of players on here are discussing. And yes, we are complaining about the fact that a 300% max strength CANNOT KILL A LEVEL 1 ENEMY. I thought I was pretty clear. That... is.... f*ing... terrible... On top of that... even at 300% power strength, 2x level 100 enemies took ~4% damage from a FULL ENERGY BAR of Ability casts... 4%... let that sink in... 

Bud, if you like Oberon - great. Enjoy him. Defend the changes all you want; but it's a pretty silly argument trying to justify that the changes to his abilities are good. They were terrible. 

No more infinite range heal

His 1 ability scaling is garbage 

His 1 ability damage is garbage

his energy costs are exorbitant

the armor increase from hallowed ground is not enough to justify using the frame.

Oku.  You're clearly salty.  And not even reading what i'm saying.  So I won't be replying to you past this reply.

1) I wasn't at any point in my argument defending the scaling.  All I was doing was pointing out that STR doesn't effect the scaling mechanic.  And me stating this doesn't mean anything at all about how I feel.

2) People make this out to be a big loss when it isn't.  As I pointed out in my first post that you were too stubborn to read.  if someone needs a heal.  Like really NEEDS one and they are more than 40 meters away from you pre patch renewal wasn't going to reach them in time.  Having unlimited range isn't really something to write home about if it was never really hugely beneficial to begin with.

3) Yeah the scaling isn't great.  And the damage has never been good.  It's always been used as a CC.  which was fine for plenty of people pre patch.  Though they could probably bump the scaling up a smidge and add a flat minimum damage with the mini orbs to go in combination with the scaling damage.

4) Yes they are.  It was some what helped by the fact that renewal now doesn't start draining from you until it starts healing.  and I think it doesn't drain while the target is topped off but the heal is still on him.  His energy pool was one of his actual problems.  Not his scaling or synergy.

5) In your opinion.  I feel if anyone ever took oberon they took him for his cc+ status stuffs and the heal.  Which shouldn't change post patch.  I take him primarily because of his ability to remove status and make me immune to status.  Everything else was icing for me.  And the other changes made that were good made oberon better in my opinion.  He's still far from "good" but I wasn't expecting this to be a miracle patch.  Unlike other frames they've touched broberon's problems were more numerous and more nuanced.  there was no 1 specific fix that would make him "meta" like people thought was going to happen with this patch.  I still rarely use oberon.  And I still believe he can be improved.  But i'm thankful for the patch.  Not everything is perfect.  But at least in my opinion it's a good starting point for the kit.

3 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

How pissed would you be if every game you went into there was an Oberon spamming his 1 to kill everything on the map like old Limbo? Because that is how strong it has the potential to be if they don't get the numbers right.

This is ridiculous fearmongering. The number of zeros they would have to add to it by accident for it to ever get close to even WoF, much less pre nerf Cataclysm, probably would need all your fingers and some of your toes.

Yes, I'm one of those that are heavily disappointed with the reworks. Not because it didn't help him out (it did, a tiny bit), no, but because it's done POORLY.
* Skill niche overlap, partly also due to radiation proc overuse
* Synergies being forced (which is fine with MINIMAL use)
* Passive going from situational to pidgeonholed

And, about his theme. Some say he is a Faerie King, some he is a Paladin, some he is a Druid. Seemingly, you are ALL right. He is Oberon, the Fae Paladruid!
And I believe that he CAN be all those things, at once. With more natural synergy. And with more distinct powers.

The overall idea I have here, is to make him a truly supportive tank-caster, where all his abilities and even his passive will aid one another naturally. Let's get to it!

Passive:

So, DE wants something "pet"-related here, to abide to the Druid / Fae side of him. Thus, I give you:
Enchant - If Oberon aims (or block/wallgrasps) while looking at certain "lesser sentient" enemies for 3 seconds, he will convert them to his side (This counts as a "kill-convert", to not break missions like Defence and such). He can max convert 2 enemies at a time. You cannot convert new ones until the old ones die first. Convertable enemies are:
Grineer - Drahks, Hyekkas, Rollers
Corpus - All robotic enemies (except Bursas, and obviously Bosses)
Infested - Chargers, Infested Moas (both types), Infested Ospreys
Widlife - Any
Corrupted - Same enemies as on the regular factions. So, mainly the robots.

Why animals and ROBOTS? Well, as I mentioned, I was thinking that he could only convert sentient enemies who had the least "sentience", so to speak, and robots seems like they have a low form of sentience in them. And you know, because Void Space Magic :)

I think people could accept this passive, no? It's strong and unique, yet also not TOO powerful (no?). And while I haven't truly "centered" his kit around this passive, the entirety of his kit WILL still be able to aid your enchanted minions, in very simple ways...

Smite:

Smite's current incantation just doesn't ... FIT, or synergize well, with his kit. It has (meager, but still) scaling damage on its own. What for? It's role is "to kill", even though (as of now) Reckoning is the one you wanna kill stuff with for health orbs. Nothing makes sense here. Also, it doesn't really help your pets or allies in any way either, not directly at least. Thus, I propose these changes:

• The scaling of the seeking projectiles is removed, and are reverted to deal flat damage again.
  • However, the main target is also weakened for X duration, suffering 100% more damage taken from all sources and gains VERY high aggro (which helps redirect your Enchanted allies to attack it too). Projectile-struck enemies also suffer more damage taken, but only 50%. These damage bonuses are affected by Power Strength!
  • Augment: Untouched. It's good as it is.

And there you have it, a simple "focus fire"-like effect, useful and versatile for a first ability, which aids EVERYONE on your side (even your enchanted minions), letting you all kill stuff quicker. It also counters the whole puncture-proc on enemies a bit (which weakens their damage-output), so they still can kill the main radiation-proceed target more easily too.

Hallowed Ground:

This ability could be TRULY awesome, if a whole bunch of quirks where just simplified with it.

• Make it a full circular area, at base. The radius then scales with power range. If needed, tone down the base range a little.
  • Tapcast is a stationary patch, Holdcast puts it up as a smaller-radius (half the radius?) aura on Oberon. The holdcast aura can be refreshed at any time.
  • Oberon and allies (including enchanted minions!) who are on the ground have status immunity, as well as a hefty damage reduction bonus, of, say, 60/65/70/75%. Not only that, but the damage reduced is redirected back at the attackers, this damage is amplified by 25/50/75/100%! (The amp is affected by Power Strength, the damage reduction is NOT). Leaving the patch retains the buff on them for a brief while.
  • Casting Renewal while Oberon is on Hallowed Ground, causes the Hallowed Ground effects (Status immunity, DR and reflect) to also be apply to all allies buffed by Renewal, for the duration of Renewal. (Note: Iron Renewal, the armorbonus synergy, is a BASE effect on Renewal instead!). I kept this kind of forced synergy mechcanic on it both to give him some leeway in positioning, and also as it is actually an interesting synergy-mechanic for these two abilities.
  • Enemies on HG suffer damage over time and have a chance to be radiation proc (just like now).
  • Augment: Changed into "Hallowed Growth" - Enemies will be slowed down a bit (only movement), for more and more slowdown the longer they are on a patch (additively), to the point of becoming entirely immobilized if they stay too long on it (imagine the patch also adding a kind of "growing root"-flame). Slowdown amount per tick is affected by Power Strength. Further, if enemies are knocked down on the patch, they will also take way longer to stand up too (fighting the root-esque flames). The stand-up-slowdown effect is also affected by Power Strength.

This make Hallowed Ground your main protective ability on yourself and allies, and retains it as a radiation-CC ability. The "reflect" thing is something that fits for both his Paladin AND Druid style. The roots (if used) fits his Druid style. Also, keeping enemies distracted (or held via the augment) is great for your enchanted allies to more easily hit them!
Further, distracting enemies (or holding them in place via the augment) would make them easy targets for you to Enchant with his passive (and enchanting one under the HG-effects releases them from the slowdown effects instantly).

Renewal:

Oh boy, is this (still!) a mess. What this ability needs, is a MASSIVE simplification. Here's what I had in mind:

• Is now a singlecost ability, of 50 or 75 energy (whichever is balanced), and simply lets loose a healing wave with no additional energycosts.
  • The wave has an unlimited range, but the speed of the wave is affected by Power Range.
  • When an ally (including any minions, such as your enchanted ones!) are hit by the wave, they are buffed up. The buff grants an instant amount of healing, a healing-per-second-effect, and some flat armor for X duration (Yeah, Iron Renewal is thus a basic effect of Renewal, not a forced synergy). Power Duration affects the duration of the ability in a NORMAL fashion (not in the severely flawed inversed way), and Power Strength affects the healing effects and armor amount.
  • For faerie and druid flavor: The buff could be displayed by small wisp-like orb orbitting the target :)
  • Augment: Untouched, due to Power Duration now working in a non-bonkers way.

Tadaaaa! A simple, yet effective and non-complicated ability! It helps Oberon, his allies and minions... a solid and simple ability all around.

Reckoning:

The ability that has always been kind of ok, due to its utility. But... it needs a unique identity, rather than just behing a damaging and armorreducing Chaos.

• A possible (but not necessary) idea would be that its casting mechanic is a 2-stager: First cast = Lift enemies up (for max 3/4/5/6 seconds). Second cast (or upon expiration) = Slam enemies down (This second cast is not onehanded, but it allows you to move). This would aid its hard-CC mechanics, but might be a bit much when all other buffs are considered. Lift time would be affected by Power Duration. If you wanna use it like now (just lift and slam instantly), holdcasting the ability could do just that.
  • Enemies lifted are instantly debuffed for X seconds. This debuff causes the enemies to deal 10/15/20/25% of their damage taken, in a moderate radius around them i.e., they become splash-damage targets! Note: This also works with damage-reflection, such as that from Hallowed Ground! (But the debuff's splash won't further splash again from other Reckoning-debuffed targets, to prevent infinite loop damage).
  • Also, if they are killed while still debuffed, they release a healing pulse in a moderate radius to heal nearby allies (includes your Enchant minions!) and have a chance to spawn a health orb.
  • However, the armorreduction-, blind- and confusion-effects are all REMOVED! *GASP* I know right? Why remove one of the stronger features of Reckoning?! Well, Reckoning's splash-debuff, its possible lift-time-extension, along with Oberon's massively boosted survivability from the rest of his kit (and the radiation-procs still actually existing in his kit via Smite and HG) means that it would simply overlap too much.
  • Augment: Untouched, but the grounds have the same effects as your basic Hallowed Ground does (which means, they can still be rad-procced with an augmented Reckoning!)

This gives it a bit more CC-potency, and better healing potential (which would help your Enchant minions more than anything else, but also any meleeing ally/Oberon). Its debuff would also add something unique, without making the rest of his kit obsolete, instead heavily synergizing with the rest of his kit, including his passive.
Also, holding enemies up make them easy targets to Enchant with his passive (and enchanting one under the Reckoning-effects releases them from Reckoning's lift and debuff-effects instantly).

So, potential synergies?

Reckoning = Enemy will splash its damage taken onto other nearby enemies. Add the Smite = The damage taken is now amplified. Now, add Hallowed Ground, which makes you tank better, then reflect damage taken: That is now also splashed and amplified! Throw in Renewal to keep yourself from dieing from being attacked.

Or:  You have your Passive minions, attacking enemies with amplified damage (via Smite) and that damage then splashed (via Reckoning). The minions can then reflect THEIR damage taken back at enemies (via getting the HG buff), which is also amplified and splashed, along with them being kept up from heals (via Renewal and killing Reckoning-debuffed enemies)

Or this simple one: Hallowed Ground's augment makes enemies slower to stand up and both Smite and Reckoning can knock enemies down.

Overall, loads of synergy and playstyles would be viable with these changes.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

I know that, but understand that Oberon CAN strip away armor. Even if he strips away 30% that's considered as good in some way as essentially your enemies' resistances are lowered.

I also mentioned that the armor debuffing is "just okay", meaning I'm not all over it considering you can just whip out a Corrosive Tigris Prime and just as easily shred enemy health and armor easily.

If we're gonna play the "Oh x frame does it better with lesser effort", Oberon can actually heal and insta-rejuvenate via Phoenix Renewal. Let's not use other frames as a comparison and competition, focus on Oberon alone and see what would really work well with his kit.

Sorry that statement was directed towards someone else. i agree with phoenix renewal Oberon. its a good melee option and know u can survive amungst high level corrupted bombards easily with the right set up. 

Just now, Kierlak said:

This is ridiculous fearmongering. The number of zeros they would have to add to it by accident for it to ever get close to even WoF, much less pre nerf Cataclysm, probably would need all your fingers and some of your toes.

Lets pretend Oberon had a max pwr str build and that his damage wasn't split between the projectiles, it was a flat 20% to each enemy. As long as you had 4xCP, Oberon would be able to infinitely clear any room of enemies of any level by pressing 1 five times. Keep in mind, this ability scales off of max hp. Limbo's scaled off of 10% of total hp and that was changed to average. Max HP scaling is a whole different kind of animal.

44 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal will remain active for as long as you have Energy or until you toggle it off. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.

Sounds interesting, but it raises a few questions:

• Will Renewal's inverse duration mechanic be removed completely?
  • Will Renewal's range still be tied to duration mods or just range mods?
  • Will Renewal drain energy as long as the ability is active or only while it's actually healing?
  • Will other players keep their armor buff if they move out Renewal's range? Can they refresh the duration by coming back?

I appreciate that you guys are listening to feedback, but I'm concerned that this change will turn Oberon into even more of an energy hog than he already is.

Edited by UvBenServed

2 hours ago, paixdamien said:

how a paladin should be played? but you are asking for more damage? why should a paladin get more damage buff on skills? why should a paladin be a nuker? shouldnt we ask for more survivability not damage? this paladin cant even tank. his support buffs isnt even impressive. pizza > oberon some would say. more damage? well its your opinion i guess

To be brutally honest I'd be happy with a bit more damage but having his abilities buff would fit the Paladin build way better than what it currently is. I just try to come up with catchy non-click baity titles.

8 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

The guy is a moron. He lacks the forethought to-

Okay, what does that have to do with providing feedback? How are the devs going to find patience to sift through their own forums if all we can do is post miles of vitriol between any relevant and pertinent feedback? You're not the only one here that does this- it's a problem with this forum's community (and others of course) I'm in no way innocent of this, I too in my earlier days spent hours arguing and spewing needless salt all over these forums. But eventually ya learn... Not everyone's gonna agree with you and that's okay, even if in you're eyes they're wrong. If they want to argue with you then you can PM them about it, don't help derail a thread trying to prove a point no one else really wanted to read about. 

This thread is about Oberon and what he needs to shine. Not whether Brozime is good at a game or not. 

8 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

I actually have a thread here with all the most popular suggestions gathered together.

So discuss that here. Share your thoughts. Imagine the pages of pointless bickering you could have saved the developers from needing to roll their eyes and skim through if you'd focused on giving frame feedback. This isn't just directed at you, it'd be nice if most posters on the forum did this. Coming back to these forums to view the suggestions I'm finding more people arguing themselves raw in the fingers over something another poster above said and dragging a thread into pointless name calling.

3 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Just because it needs more buffs as of now, it still doesn't mean we need to fall into another extreme of bad. I remember that Limbo was also almost never played before due to his weak skill set, but a single mistake with the damage pattern of his 4th threw everything into chaos.

Limbo's skillset was never weak, he was ignored just like he is now that he isn't meta with a nuke (actually he is even more hated now due to stasis to the point where there are people that state that they walk with twin grakatas to break stasis bullet limit ASAP).

Limbo in the right team surpassed frost on defense since abilities like mesa's peacemaker and EV bypass the rift and he is still the king of Sorties defense and the king of revivals.

1 hour ago, Music4Therapy said:

Reckoning: The most well received ability in his kit and the one I will start with.

1) The one thing Oberon players, including myself, seem to unanimously agree with is that Health Orbs should have a chance to drop from enemies hit by Reckoning when they die rather than having to land the killing blow with it.

Renewal: Oberon mains were delighted to see that the heal over time effect didn't drop once their health was full. This was an awesome QoL change, though there have been complaints about the lost range, it's nice that we have the persistent heal now. I'll speak about Iron Renewal with Hallowed Ground.

1) The one major complaint is its inverse relationship with duration. Change that and you'll make a lot of players happy. My personal recommendation? Remove the heal cap after the initial heal and make it a flat heal per second afterwards that lasts longer with duration.

Hallowed Ground: The most highly debated ability, the one which all his synergies are based. Cutting out the total armor % in favor of a flat armor buff was a popular request from the community, that said here are some popular requests:

1) A topic of conversation has been changing the flat armor buff to a flat damage reduction buff. A popular thread made by @MarrikBroom suggested that all enemies on Hallowed Ground have their damage reduced rather than raising our damage reduction, and another popular thread made by @Rekkou suggested the % of flat DR we receive scales with power strength starting at 30%. I personally am of the belief that if Oberon is going to be able to compete with other frames such as Trinity or Mirage that can provide 75/95% DR to their squadmates, this change is necessary. Leave the flat armor buffs to Cold Chroma, his Vex Armor makes it work.

2) The community is split as to whether or not Hallowed Ground should be an aura, so I will mention it here.

3) It's been a very popular suggestion to have Hallowed Ground work as a circle around Oberon, always at 360 degrees, and having range effect the size of the circle, rather than having a cone and having range effect the angle.

all of the above should be applied IMO , im not including the smite change because it was confirmed to be tweaked again.

However, i would still like something more added, something that basically says " This frame is rather unique because of x" . Radiation? I can take nyx. heal/DR %? Trinity, 

AOE carpet? Ember and Equinox move with their carpets around them 360 degrees, and theirs are better (stagger + fire panic) . Health orbs? I dont think I need to mention the frame that comes to mind.

If DE really wants oberon to have synergy and to do something of everything , at least add something usefull that is unique. 

Some of my ideas that come to mind ( Overpowered or underpowered)

Just brainstorming on the spot so dont shoot me:

1)Passive makes all warframes that are inside the mission with oberon have all stats /health /armor doubled.

2)While within hallowed ground, upon recieving fatal damage, the warframe recives a temporary immunity shield that lasts 5 seconds. Cannot re-activate for another 40-50 seconds.

3) Killing enemies on hallowed ground grants "shards". Upon collecting X shards, you gain x % health/shields/armor for the duration of the mission permanentely . Cannot exceed y% .

4)Passive changed to immunity to the statuses the are the most annoying : radiation / slash .

5)Whenever an ally dies / (add random cheesy criteria here) oberon recieves 1000% increased damage / (random cheesy buff here)     (inspired myself from the Ret pally passive)

6) All defensive abilities gain increased potency ( str/duration) and all cc abilities recieve increased range when cast inside hallowed ground.

7)While on Hallowed ground, abilities cost 10/20/30 flat less energy .

Or pretty much anything , as long as it it unique and has a purpose. Of course just my subjective opinion

44 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

You made my day with this.