Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

Guys, please. If you believe armor stripping is not her "selling point", i'd like to hear what is it for you.

My intention with this thread is to make Mag better. Even a bit of improvement. I believe, since Oberon got tons of feedback and DE was willing to give this little buff to her, perhaps is a good moment to talk about Mag.

Is she lacking something for you? Is it there something to improve? 

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

The only thing I want to know is what is "WIPAO"?  Other than that good suggestions, and even if "Mag is great as is" doesn't mean she cannot be better.

I don't think armor stripping needs to be amazing though, but a few tweaks to her abilities cannot hurt, well they could if done wrong but at this point we can only hope for better.

totally agree with you :)

5 hours ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Yes this is true, and he can heal for a decent chunk as well. However it is extremely clunky and if you consider Chakram to be a good healing skill, then boy are you in for a surprise after you try Renewal or even Well of Life.

Also

He offers 200 Armor with Iron renewal before power strength, and it is currently effected by that. And 200 armor equals 200/(300+200) = 0.4

So he offers 40% Damage resistance with the default value of armor he grants. Now i agree that frames with high armor may not be as effected by this as other frames are due to diminishing returns, but saying that he offers pitiful DR may be a overstatement.

And apply that 200+ armour on a frame like volt banshee etc that are doing other things and you see how the argument about his IR is redundant

5 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

if Oberon provided an actual amount DR that was not pitiful, you would not need to be revived by his augment. If you are revived by the augment then you are likely in more trouble, and being revered once means you will need to be revived likely before the cool down is up. also there is a focus can revive you. if you need more time to revive someone it is not worth reviving them, one exception is if you were just a step away and the person dies. Most of oberons kit is provided by other frames, that do it more efficiently with greater effect and status is almost never a problem because the number of enemies that can afflict status on you are countable on your hands.

You do realise that glass cannon frames like Ember would benefit intensely from the 250 armor my IR can currently provide? On frames like Chroma with 600% armor buff from vex its irrelevant but on some of the control frames that have low survivability but have massive damage as in the mentioned Ember its insanely big.

5 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

CORROSIVE PROJECTION.I dont need to expend any energy with a team with 4 of these. it also is permanent, and map wide.

most people dont know this but nezha can heal, provide status cleanse, provide damage mitigation not just reduction and his 4 is a hard cc. bring 4 corrosiveprojections and you now do everything that oberon is touted to do.

do you actually understand why a 4 CP 4 man team is worthless? Your reducing damage for melee and regen of energy etc that is ALOT more use then your CP which quite frankly should be on 1 of each team members weapons at a minimum anyway if your pushing harder content and to say nehza has utility that beats oberon your augmenting for a skill that cant be maintained as easily as Renewal and requires line of sight to the target to apply.

I am honestly curious how far you have taken both frames as Nehza does well but Oberon since rework has been MUCH better.

Sorry for the 3 replies just learnt I could multi quote and keep forgetting to do so.

8 minutes ago, Hyroncore said:

You do realise that glass cannon frames like Ember would benefit intensely from the 250 armor my IR can currently provide? On frames like Chroma with 600% armor buff from vex its irrelevant but on some of the control frames that have low survivability but have massive damage as in the mentioned Ember its insanely big.

Ember, Banshee, Nova, etc. all these frames that have no reliable way to protect themselves beyond dishing out as much damage as possible, can now be covered by Oberon. Sure Trinity has 75% pure unbridled DR. But only in affinity range. And is on a timer. Renewal is one and done. But that doesn't mean people can just go ham and expect to come out unscathed. He helps. But he doesn't turn people into unkillable gods. But any frame with rage and QT will benefit greatly from constant healing.... hmmmmmmmmmmm possible meta?

Edited by (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan

Just now, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Ember, Banshee, Nova, etc. all these frames that have no reliable way to protect themselves beyond dishing out as much damage as possible, can now be covered by Oberon. Siren Trinity has 75% pure unbridled DR. But only in affinity range. And is on a timer. This allows. Renewal is one and done. But that doesn't mean people can just go ham and expect to come out unscathed. He helps. But he doesn't turn people into unkillable gods. But any frame with rage and QT will benefit greatly from constant healing.... hmmmmmmmmmmm possible meta?

Not so much meta but an example of why people crying over this rework do not see the obvious potential. Any frame even gods like Limbo and chroma wont always get away unscathed especially in higher tiers and levels of the enemies we face. The fact that people ignore HG knockdown resist and status immunity etc are driving me insane. That combined with the ability to provide cover for the glass cannons we have mentioned he has been improved incredibly. Aside from smite being an issue but that may just be a technical fix due to the way his orb shatters after initial impact and could be quite complicated given the math for rad proc etc.

Thank you for clarifying what we all said in a more clear form by the way.

You have stated the one thing most anti-Oberon people ignore willfuly or unintentionally and that is the HG/IR combo can be sustained EASILY once applied if people only played smart. Sad fact is that would require less 1 button build demand and more strategy and tactical thought. The one dislike I have for this community is the propensity for the vocal few to say the ones who are experienced are irrelevant when we sit there and KNOW the frames and weapons we discuss. 

5 hours ago, KnightCole said:

PLus, Rhino abilities are all tickle me elmo skills instead of actually scary damage dealers, or even poor CC....

What the F*** did I just read? Rhino is one of the best CC frames in the game.

Oberon is not bad but boy, Rhino is several light years ahead of him.

Edited by residente

The latest change on Oberon were quite nice and made the armor application a lot easier as players can opt into the armor buff when they missed the initial cast. But I want to request an additional feature.

• To make it so that any party member with the leftover armor effect gets renewal re-applied regardless of range from Oberon.

Why? There are times when Oberon wants to recast renewal (because the buff was either lost, Oberons energy ran out, a member was not in range of the initial casting, or to apply armor on a member who does not have this effect on them,) but in order to do that he has to deactivate the ability first. and if you have missions where players tend to spread out a lot then you start running into the problem that you need to gather everyone in order to do a full recast.

Were this feature to be implemented then you create a window (but only if the player went out with the armor buff on them) where recasting renewal within the armor "decay" period will refresh renewal. Whether the armor should refresh as well is up for debate.

I believe that this change would do a lot for his play.

What i would change on Oberon currently is the following:

Smite: remove the 35% damage based on the initial target on the balls and make the balls have bonus damage based on their targets 5% max health. This makes the scaling much more useful.

100 hp target 35% conversion makes each ball deal 5.8 damage at base strenght and 3.5 when you have 10 balls.

My version makes each ball hit an enemy for 5 damage regardless of how many balls you create.

Hallowed ground, it could use a little more damage and a circle shape around oberon.

Reneval not sure if this was adressed yet but it needs a fixed energy drain so it wont suck you dry in raids or when you have nekros.

Reckoning could have fixed 50% armor reduction because with max strenght you still need to double cast it to remove all armor.

So why exactly does Oberon need to waste his ressources on throw away handymen?

It's not like Necros can't fully heal his trashmobs in seconds.

Here, I made a list on what Oberon should heal and what not:

- NOT heal summons

- Heal anything else (like Frames, Escape Targets, (Mobile) Defense Pods, Sentinels, Pets... and NOT throw away cannon fodder)

Why is it that Renewal does exactly the opposite?

11 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

still no use for him in my squads, not with the forced synergy and exponential energy consumption. why would i stop using trinity, or equinox, or any other frame that does what he can but better at less energy cost, he is a detriment to any and all players by being a total halfarse at everything he does. his one is the only thing that works.

It's sad that statements like this get upvotes.   

Anyway, I was able to make him fun and viable before this change, now it's even better.  

Renewal's Energy Economy is kind of... bad...

To have an effictive build for renewal we need power strength, and to get power strength we have to sacrifice efficiency, duration, or both. Both affecting Renewal's drain per second. And please don't let there be a Nekros in the group -- Ripperoni and Cheese.

With a maxed Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise and Narrow Minded, Oberon sits at 112% Duration, 254%(250% required for the borderline mandatory 100 heal over time) Power Strength, and 105% Effeciency, Not saying everyone is using this mid set up, I was just trying to get to 250% Strength and not be negative on Durarion and Effeciency for testing purposes. That puts Renewal's energy per second at 1.7 and energy per target at 2.56. If Oberon is healing just one other person, the energy cost is a ridiculous 4.26... As I've said before, that makes it kind of hard to group heal. A simple enough solution in my opinion is to buff the base heal over time on Renewal to 50(or even 45) so that we could reach that 100 mark for high end survivability with ~200% power strength, ultimately increasing efficiency, and making room for other quality of life and survivablitiy mods. 

I cant think of how this could potentially break Oberon's kit, but something NEEDS to be done about the energy cost of Renewal. If anyone has any tweaks or suggestions for this idea feel free. I'm really liking Oberon, and he's so close to being perfected... but this energy cost is wild.

P.S. In the most recent patch notes I see that him being affected by Parasitic, Energy Leech, etc. auras during Renewal channeling wasn't fixed?

12 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

There isn't a single frame in this game that can strip a room full of enemies of armor as fast a Oberon. Frost has to sacrifice everything in order to make it work and the range is garbage. Ash has to spam the 1 key and pray to RNGesus that it hits the right targets.

Not only that, but the Armor strip from these Warframes (and Banshee via Sonic Fracture) only lasts for like 8 seconds, and in Frost's case the debuff can't be stacked. Oberon's Armor strip can be stacked, and the debuff is permanent.

huge changes for oberon today. i would say he can be one of the best cc frame against armored units now if one really decided to mod for an armor stripping build. being the armor stripping frame for your team cost a lot of energy 12.5 + 25 + 25 = 62.5 energy to completely strip armor assuming you have your effiency max. since the energy cost isnt a joke you would want to strip enemies armor as many as possible in 1 go so you gonna mod for very high range if not, max. while doing this you are healing your team(if you decided to) those are another energy cost, can actually give that up, or turn renewal only if someone need a heal so you can use zenurik and keep on spamming armor strip. these are just examples there are so many things a player can do on oberon now. ive spent hours trying to figure what i really want i made lot of builds but still cant get a final 3 build i just keep on swapping mods. 3 config arent enough for me atm honestly. like a different build for non armored a less range, a build for solo, etc. DE really made oberon a mage/caster now. am i happy with this? i really dont know because this isnt what i wanted. i wanted him to become a real paladin, 1 of the best tank, not a mage/nuker frame b8t ofc im very thankful especially the change that your mates can easily get the armor now when they step on your HG that is super huge

things that i think still need to change:

-- his passive theres a lot that they can give for oberon passive, maybe oberon gets a % health, armor as well when he uses a kavat or kubrow? or dont change the passive that we have atm but buff the kavats/kubrows, doubt it tho. or what i suggested like a month ago(i think) get a bonus dmg against radiated enemy anyone that has the renewal buff will get the bonus. or an aura: health orbs drop on radiated enemies when they are killed+gain # energy back when a radiated enemy is killed. or convert # dmg taken by you and your allies(affected by renewal buff) from a radiated enemies then give you # energy, kinda like a rage mod effect but the energy gain are only from enemies with radiation proc it wont even be OP since radiated enemies will only try to hit you if you are too close. just give us "+ anything when fighting/killing enemies with radiation proc" very easy. but if they are really wanna give us that has something to do with the pets well oberon+everyone in the party should get a bonus as well if they are using a pet

-- why do i need to heal nekros shadows and cost me more energy if nekros can easily heal his shadows?

-- his base armor? still dreaming for a god tank oberon

6 minutes ago, Leonix13 said:

Aaaaand I'm out... I'm glad hes seeing the spotlight now for some users, but I simply do not agree with the direction DE has taken... It was a good run buddy.

kinda how i feel at this point. I guess if others feel hes good enough, fine, but ive stopped caring. ill just stick to other frames, and i have a feeling after a while oberon is going to sink back into the least plated frames category. not at the bottom maybe but certainly still one of the least played frames. 

Edited by -Defeater-

3 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Elaborate, please. I'm not entirely happy since I'd rather the dependence completely removed and some base ranges raised, but he is better now. 

What's wrong?

As I've said before... Bloated powers, Modding is still a nightmare, and I do not enjoy being a health battery. Its great that he has risen up the ranks, I just don't care at all for what he has become.

3 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Elaborate, please. I'm not entirely happy since I'd rather the dependence completely removed and some base ranges raised, but he is better now. 

What's wrong?

i think hes just saying he doesnt have the drive anymore to argue that oberon could still use some work when DE are probably done tweeking him at this point. which is where im at atm. ill just stick to other frames, its just sad they put all this time into reworking him just to leave him in a place where hes more useful than before but out shined by a lot of other frames. 

Man with the new update I'm more excited than I've ever been to play Oberon, I can't wait to test out what this update did for him. It looks like they've really fixed up some clunkyness and I'm overjoyed to hear that DE is actually reading feedback. However it does look like the missed out on just one thing in my opinion (outside of HG being cast in a circle at base but the range buff has me satisfied at this point).

I still feel that he NEEDS some sort of energy regeneration option and honestly I would be satisfied if they just tied an energy orb drop on hit to Reckoning, however, there are a lot of really good suggestions that synergize with Hallowed Ground that I like too. If DE can implement something along those lines during Oberon's prime release he'll be near perfect to me. 

My only hope is that DE keeps reading this feedback but either way I'm super happy with the update today. GG DE but more importantly thank you everyone in the community that has posted on these forums, you guys really help get these things done and it makes me feel like part of a community when it all comes together.

Edited by Oni_Spartan4

Have played him after last rework.
Smite: It's looks ok. Have good range and fair damage and some scaling.

Hallowed Ground: It's a little confusing. On this ability are base to all synergy for the 3 and 4 abilities.

It lost % to armor as it has before to give flat armor buff to Renewal when using on it, so to get armor buff you have to use more energy than before and it loose reason to stay on it. Good side is, that armor buff will be applied to allies anytime they step on Hallowed Ground while Renewal is active on them.

For Reckoning synergy is, if surviving targets were standing on Hallowed Ground when affected by Reckoning, their armor is permanently reduced by 30%. So the most important feature for this synergy is the range of ability. In Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.6.1 we've got: "Range Mods now apply 75% to Range (distance from Oberon) and 75% to Arc Angle of Hallowed Ground (before was 25% to Range and 75% to Arc before)."- that's mean with 100% pover range, radiuses of those qualities would be the same (15m), but with 250% pover range - Hallowed Ground would have 31,88m and Reckoning - 37,5m. This is better that it was before, but still have some issue.

With bigger range Hallowed Ground became more vulnerable to the Nullifier. That's mean, Oberon is less usable against corpus.

Some visual issue. If you'd cast it above and jump down - you wouldn't see it, but it still works on you.

Suggestion:

- restore % to armor when you standing on Hallowed Ground,as it has before. This would give more reason to stay in the range of Hallowed Ground (especially now, as it have bigger area)

- make Range Mods apply 100% to Range of the Hallowed Ground to have the same radiuses with Reckoning. But this isn't critical.

- Create beacon in the center of the Hallowed Ground (little sphere like those of Octavia use for Amp), so to eliminate field of the Hallowed Ground Nullifier had to touch the beacon with his sphere. This would make Hallowed Ground more applicable against corpus.

Renewal: I'm really like, that it's become fully toggleable ability. It has nice synergy with Hallowed Ground, and allow to use Phoenix Renewal.

But it's drains to manny energy, especially when a healing pulse would hit friendly summoned units. As Trinity or Zenurik can't affect him while this ability is active - it looks like punishment for Oberon. Don't forget that Nekros Shadows of the Dead are losing health over time, so Oberon wouldn't stop to heal them and losing energy really fast. And do we really need to heal summoned units?

When playing against Infested their Energy Leech / Parasitic eximus still can drain energy when Renewal active.

Suggestion:

- remove possibility to heal friendly summoned units.
- or remove energy drain over time while this ability is active, and start to drain energy only when someone need to heal (like Nekros Desecrate use energy only when there are corpse to consume)

Reckoning: This ability only gets synergy with Hallowed Ground.

In Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.6.1 we've got: "Oberon’s Reckoning Armor debuff is now based on the target's base Armor instead of current Armor" - this is really great for synergy, because we can remove all armor from grineer Heavy Gunner 145lvl by 4 use of Reckoning, if  by Power strength is 100%.
But to have this ability we had to use Hallowed Ground before Reckoning, thats mean to remove all armor from grineer Heavy Gunner 145lvl, we need 50+100X4= 450 energy, or 113 energy if we have 175% Power Efficiency. Meanwhile, if we'd use Renewal, we're already losing energy. And it doesn't deal enough damage to kill even 40lvl Heavy Gunner for this 4 hits

Suggestion:
-
make chance of spawning a Health Orb on hit, not only when enemy dies by the effect of this ability. (This would fair enough, because Nekros can get Health by Desecrate spending much less energy and even if enemy was killed by ally) 

- make damage scaling. But this isn't critical.

So, at now Oberon is much better and interesting warframe than he was before. But he's too much crave for energy and have some issue in visual effects.

9 minutes ago, FelanGrey said:

Have played him after last rework.
Smite: It's looks ok. Have good range and fair damage and some scaling.

Hallowed Ground: It's a little confusing. On this ability are base to all synergy for the 3 and 4 abilities.

It lost % to armor as it has before to give flat armor buff to Renewal when using on it, so to get armor buff you have to use more energy than before and it loose reason to stay on it. Good side is, that armor buff will be applied to allies anytime they step on Hallowed Ground while Renewal is active on them.

Last rework only changed range of HG and how Iron Renewal is applied. But aside from that nitpick...

Smite is still needing fixing. More P.Strength makes its scaling weaker beause the fixed-at-35% scaling is split between orbs. More orbs = less damage per orb.

Hallowed Ground's only reason for allies to stand on it after they get Iron Renewal is that it provides status immunity. Now that range is less of an issue, this is more reasonable to be the only bonus you get. If they made it always a circle and made range mods give 100% of the bonus to radius, I'd be pretty satisfied with it. Aside from the obvious wanting it to look less gross, anyway.

Edited by Alusdrann