Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

I focused on max energy efficiency first with oberon.

Between needing to to do a 1,2,3 combo via hallowed ground and 2 reckoning for complete armor removal and keeping renewal going, oberon needs to be efficient.

Don't believe he needs too much power strength either imho. Just enough so that each reckoning strips at the least 50% armor. 

You could go balls deep into power strength to get a 1 hit armor strip, but the energy costs would be insane.

Edited by (PS4)Zelisius

52 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Pretty damned shameful when I'm going to have to save up for an arcane energize and use a suda/veil weapon to maybe not be energy starved. On the other hand... no i got nothing .The armor buff is nice along with the health drip, but it's not so OP you need to gate it by punishing players for using it on team members.

Supra or supra vandal with entropy burst works quite well with oberon. It's high status chance combined with the energy regen is like a match made in heaven!

Question: Has anyone noticed any fuzzy behavior on Renewal? I just ran the Defense Sortie with the Phoenix Renewal Augment, and I noticed that I couldn't give armor to a squad member or people that were not in range of the initial cast wouldn't be healed even if we stayed next to each other.

There's something particularly funny with high range builds on Oberon, especially when using Hallowed Ground. It takes a second to figure out the range and you can't act while it's doing that. Mostly noticeable when you get a corruption buff.

Haven't noticed anything with Renewal yet except that in some extreme cases of laggy connections I'll end up with people having armor buffs but no heals.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zelisius said:

It's intended. Can't regen energy while using a channeling ability. But I think limbos rift allows them to regen

Can't regen in a limbo rift. Limbo actually makes things even harder since enemies can't really hurt you for you to benefit from Rage.

8 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

Pretty damned shameful when I'm going to have to save up for an arcane energize and use a suda/veil weapon to maybe not be energy starved. On the other hand... no i got nothing .The armor buff is nice along with the health drip, but it's not so OP you need to gate it by punishing players for using it on team members.

Rage is all you need mate. 

Just tank bullets and you'll gonna be fine. He can after all...the prime's armor paired with a good boostrd  buff easily brings you up to 7-800 armor...that's valkyr type armor, on a much bigger energy pool and a savage healing potential...QT+P Flow+rage+Renewal is just the best thing ever. Only frame to counter QT damage as you recieve it, what makes you fill up your health and energy in a constand stream of damage.

Hallowed ground on a decent duration even serves as cast and maintainable damage/Cc source if you don't get the chance to regenerate at all times and the armor buff remains too for an average of 30s on that base, should you not choose to just keep renewal active.

Can't say i share this issue. Brilliant rework.

Only issue i have as this point is his ugly prime...

There's something seriously wrong with his design when you're looking like this half an hour into oberon prime.

Fjyqu5c.jpg

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Ya qt and rage with renewal is downright fun! Tried that out along with ack and brunt using electromagnetic shielding and guardian derision during a kuva flood. I got knocked all over the place, but I was sponging up so much damage and not once did I go down.

I kid you not, renewal will heal mirage's mirrors.

Do they even have health bars?

Specific scenario aside, this is part of a much larger problem, which is that any warframe with summons becomes toxic to an oberon teammate, due to renewal's interaction with them. If renewal is going to heal summons at all, it shouldn't drain energy. The only non-player entities that really justify an essentially passive energy drain on oberon are rescue and sortie defense targets. Maybe syndicate operatives.

from patch 20.6.1

Oberon’s Renewal now heals friendly summoned units (IE Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead) at 1/3 the rate but consumes 1/3 the Energy drain for doing so. The change to have Renewal not affect friendly summons was met with varying opinions, and is now further tweaked to meet a happy middle ground.

get efficiency to a decent amount, and duration since it does affect this, and the drain on summons is next to nothing. approx .6 per sec + 1 per ally. mirage is 1. 4 clones = 1 and 1/3 allies. so 1.3 for the clones. total of 2.9 per sec.

now for the other argument. i can see this being completely pointless for mirage clones since they're immortal aside from duration and nullifier bubbles. on the other hand, a nekros and an oberon working together like this could be insane. shadow army thats constantly healed for the constantly draining lifebars. undying army.

Edited by Moysa

9 hours ago, Moysa said:

from patch 20.6.1

get efficiency to a decent amount, and duration since it does affect this, and the drain on summons is next to nothing. approx .6 per sec + 1 per ally. mirage is 1. 4 clones = 1 and 1/3 allies. so 1.3 for the clones. total of 2.9 per sec.

now for the other argument. i can see this being completely pointless for mirage clones since they're immortal aside from duration and nullifier bubbles. on the other hand, a nekros and an oberon working together like this could be insane. shadow army thats constantly healed for the constantly draining lifebars. undying army.

the decay of nekros shadows is a percentage of HP. the regeneration caused by renewal is double-digit except for particularly high-strength builds. past level 20, oberon's renewal will not result in any noticeable regeneration effect on any summon, especially not one that decays like nekros' shadows or inaros' sand shadows.

You are correct, that if I mod for maximum efficiency and/or duration, I can get a very low energy drain, but the point is, I shouldn't have to. when mirage casts her mirrors, it's another four units added to the drain. when nekros casts his shadows, that's SEVEN. if you enter an invasion mission, the allied factions' units are affected by renewal, resulting in absurd drains. And your scenario is in a build with maximum efficiency AND duration. My build doesn't allow me to fit efficiency in. I could rip my current build apart, get rid of the small amount of augmented strength I have, and maybe even have to sacrifice my extra range. All to make ONE of his abilities USABLE(not even good) when I go anywhere near a warframe with summons.

14 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Rage is all you need mate. 

Just tank bullets and you'll gonna be fine. He can after all...the prime's armor paired with a good boostrd  buff easily brings you up to 7-800 armor...that's valkyr type armor, on a much bigger energy pool and a savage healing potential...QT+P Flow+rage+Renewal is just the best thing ever. Only frame to counter QT damage as you recieve it, what makes you fill up your health and energy in a constand stream of damage.

Can we have a Primed Rage?  60% dmg up from 40%.  Id also love a Primed Intensify, 50% up from 30%, lol, lets prime ALL the mods.  Primed Vigor: 175% up from 120%.  Power creep all the things. 

5 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

Currently Oberon has a per ally cost as well as a per minion cost to keep his renewal active, and while renewal is active all passive ways of generating energy (EV Trin, Zennurik, Energy Siphon, Limbo's Rift, etc) are deactivated. Leaving only getting hit in the face with Rage equipped as any sort of consistent way to generate energy.

Indeed. It would be nice if DE actually came out and gave us the real reason why - other than "Oh, it's a channeled ability. That's why."

Running Renewal / Iron Renewal constantly requires either Rage (which will consume a Slot) or a steady supply of Orbs if you intend to keep your party healed and buffed in high level endless runs.The other option is to burst heal / buff when the situation is desperate and everyone is close by.

Rage is nice and all, but it only really benefits Inaros and Nidus - 'Frames that don't use shields at all. For Oberon to really benefit from Rage, he needs a very low Shield, high armour build...and that noise when your shields cut it out is really annoying.

29 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Indeed. It would be nice if DE actually came out and gave us the real reason why - other than "Oh, it's a channeled ability. That's why."

Running Renewal / Iron Renewal constantly requires either Rage (which will consume a Slot) or a steady supply of Orbs if you intend to keep your party healed and buffed in high level endless runs.The other option is to burst heal / buff when the situation is desperate and everyone is close by.

Rage is nice and all, but it only really benefits Inaros and Nidus - 'Frames that don't use shields at all. For Oberon to really benefit from Rage, he needs a very low Shield, high armour build...and that noise when your shields cut it out is really annoying.

Equip the decaying dragon key.

Having a secondary with concealed explosives is also handy for those moments when you need to break your shields cuz either a volt or trinity decided to give you overshields.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zelisius said:

Equip the decaying dragon key.

Having a secondary with concealed explosives is also handy for those moments when you need to break your shields cuz either a volt or trinity decided to give you overshields.

... I didn't even think of this. You're brilliant! Either that or I'm just dumb, either way, I'm totally working this into my Oberon set up.

34 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

We need a new corrupted mod that's basically Vitality, but strips shields since that's easy right? Just add a mod to the drop table, here's your ace bandage guys. Good for Oberon, Inaros, Nidus, and any other warframe that either doesn't want shields, or has no shields..

Compare to Vigor here.

Vigor gives 120% / 120% according to wiki.

This mod Let's call it 'Exposed Heart' just for giggles: Would be a 10 dot mod that would give +200% health / -100% shields.

Wait. Better idea.  

Mod: Unshielded Reactor.

five rank mod.

At max it gives +55% base energy / -80% shields.

Given shield gating is coming, other frames might benefit from this.

Or one that boosted power strength??

Well, strip shields to boost power strength was what I was saying.

Either way, a mod to strip shields would be quite nice! Remember the old mod that allowed us to drain shields to sprint forever before parkour 2.0? A mod that would do something like that would be neat to see again

But if they did that than they would more than likely have the same no energy regen while channeling rule.

And you also gotta consider what volt or trinity could do with a mod like that?

His 4th and her 2nd augments could have a field day with that one

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

Phoenix renewal: GET RID OF THE F'ING COOLDOWN TIMER. We're paying out the nose for energy to keep renewal up.

I vote a solid NO on this. The reason the cooldown exists is to prevent cheese. Having an immortal team as long as Renewal up is, quite frankly, silly.

If they remove the timer and allow Pheonix Renewal to kick in whenever someone goes down then they have to put some kind of drawback on it. Something like, and I know you're not going to like this, cost energy per revive.

As it is, it's a free revive provided you don't die during the timer.