The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

7 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

So what I'm hearing is...

"If you don't prepare properly, it's difficult"

The only objectionable thing I can see is that there wasn't a warning before the mission.  If you failed on your first go, that's on them.  If you failed on your second, that's entirely, 100% on you. 

Yup. Failed on first go. There will not be a second go. I don't need a catalyst bad enough to sit through that mission again. 

But then again, failing to prepare for two completely out-of-the-ordinary situations is still our fault, judging by some of the responses here. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

2 hours ago, KYLoooo said:

My Kavat removed Juggernauts Armour and my Valkyr deleted the Juggernaut in less than 5s, don't see the problem.

Im sorry but that is flatout not true.Even if you strip all the armor off a juggernaut it still retains its damage mitigation

1 minute ago, Gravitus123 said:

Im sorry but that is flatout not true.Even if you strip all the armor off a juggernaut it still retains its damage mitigation

No, that is flat out not true. I can personally testify that removing a juggernaut's armor removes, if not all, then a lion's share of their damage resistance.

4 minutes ago, Callmeshirley said:

I just wrote out this long post with a bunch of points against literally everything you said, and then i remembered that you've only been playing for a few days and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and how amazing this surprise was.

It's more like the fact that he's only been playing a few days and can easily see just how poor of a mission design this was really exposes the design council as a bunch of tardboats. The same group that is at least partially responsible for Ivara's Navigator augment would of course go for a truly garbage mission idea like this. Bad memes and worthless trolling is about all you can expect from them, apparently.

6 minutes ago, Gravitus123 said:

Armor is the damage mitigation mechanic.

Remove the armor, remove the mitigation.

4 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

It's more like the fact that he's only been playing a few days and can easily see just how poor of a mission design this was really exposes the design council as a bunch of tardboats. The same group that is at least partially responsible for Ivara's Navigator augment would of course go for a truly garbage mission idea like this. Bad memes and worthless trolling is about all you can expect from them, apparently.

For myself, I voted for a mission that sounded fun.

But good to know we are all "tardboats" for voting for what we thought was fun and posed a challange, even if some of us didn't vote for Jugger.

Edited by MagPrime

3 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

In all fairness, there was no mention of a juggernaut in the poll. But even if it was a different faction you could expect something similar. Rank 120 Manic swarm, anyone?

To me, this is hard for the wrong reasons. Sure, you have a "mini" boss at the end that can shoot virtually invisible projectiles at you which will down you in one shot. You have that boss downing you from 80 meters across the map when he charges off the map and respawns at said 80 meters location. A lot of people said to bring this, or bring that. You HAVE to bring this frame, spam this particular ability, cheese it by using this combo (Mag Polarize + Magnetize, Nidus, Kavat). And so if we don't have some of these things, if not any, then we are out of luck? 

You say people don't have to do this alert. You're right. Thing is, some would like to. Tactics and positioning to avoid "shots" from the juggernaut and to be effective as possible, but almost forcing people to bring particular frames/mechanics is just a terrible thing to do. I've been trying to recruit a squad that's fully equipped with Corrosive Projection since I remember that can strip its armor to make it easier, but nobody answers. 

The ones who really will finish this are the ones who can make up some sort of strategy to cheese it, strip it of its armor, some sort of ability combination, or whatever else they can think of. Been 5 attempts where pubs are trying to mash E on it and it clearly does not work. 

TL;DR: Challenge is kind of bull with OHKOs and invisible shots (perhaps the pressure to use certain frames/mechanics), but then some people can really work on their strats. 

3 hours ago, MrM1 said:

When you go into operator mode, that thing pokes you over to death. Not a good idea...

(At least that was my case)

Oh i see im gonna try it with limbo and stop time to kill it. Ill keep you informed how it goes if its working lol

2 minutes ago, Gravitus123 said:

Unless it is a Simulacrum related bug no it does not.Adarza kavat stripped all its armor shots from a Boar prime do 5 damage

I dont use the Simulacrum, and yes, armor is the games damage mitigation mechanic.  If it's gone, the armor can't reduce incoming damage.  

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I dont use the Simulacrum, and yes, armor is the games damage mitigation mechanic.  If it's gone, the armor can't reduce incoming damage.  

Doesnt juggernaut have extra mitigation though? Armor strip helps, but he is still going to take reduced damage if you dont hit weakpoints, unless I am forgetting something.

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Doesnt juggernaut have extra mitigation though? Armor strip helps, but he is still going to take reduced damage if you dont hit weakpoints, unless I am forgetting something.

Ah, right.  He does have some extra mitigation because DE made his underbelly "softer" to encourage strategic fighting.

Forgot about that.  He usually doesn't last long when I fight him.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Bring it on, My @MagPrime corpus destructor will be waiting teehe..

Lets do this!!!

*que mental image of Castle swinging Mag Prime around by her ankles*

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It doesnt work even if its armor is stripped 5 damage max is what i can do.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/824566203559741759/2B4BE4C3092416DB23430D51ED0BA4D0C09E4563/

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You are correct.The armor stripping does help but only when actually shooting the weakpoints otherwise the juggernaut still takes no damage

I tried this mission once. Knew there'd be a juggy, didn't expect much. I'll be honest, it was a "challenge" to fight up to that juggy. But The entire mission was an exercise in cheese tactics. 

Translation: It was neither fun nor rewarding. Had I even completed it. 

I honestly can't see the appeal of enemies past lvl 50. You can't bring wacky fun builds without severely hampering yourself. You need at least one weapon, purpose built to either CC or just outright cheese damage them to death before they can do the same. I like to fight, be in the thick of it. Around 30-40, enemies are just right for me. 

39 minutes ago, Callmeshirley said:

I just wrote out this long post with a bunch of points against literally everything you said, and then i remembered that you've only been playing for a few days and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and how amazing this surprise was.

You could have played this game for a million years and know limpwhipped fuckall about game design. What I do have that you don't is a sense of perspective. The perspective of a person stepping into a game with a past wealth of game knowledge.

I was surprised that there was a bigger thing at the end of this mission. I don't think anyone will deny that. But that surprise is poorly planned, and frustrating to a majority of people here. The few that have been able to beat it think its Genius because wow endgame content everybody. But adding health and armor to a thing isn't difficulty. It's artificial difficulty. The only thing that matters in the fight is the size of the stick you're using to hit it and whether or not you're using the right stick. There is nothing else to it.

This is bad design. The fact that there are no mechanics that you have to figure out and nothing to make the fight more accommodating for people who don't yet have sticks big enough to bash it until its a red puddle means that it is not an intelligent fight. It is a fight in which your numbers have to be larger than its numbers.

I genuinely enjoyed this mission! Decently difficult, though with the updated Oberon it wasn't really too much of a hassle. No downs until the Juggernaut at the end, and then only one death for me (and like one or two other squadmates).

Good stuff! Keep it up, Design Council brethren!