Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My clan just recently finished Hema research, and it wasn't that bad.

Hypernaut1

My ghost clan just got enough mutagen to finally finish Hema research. I don't think it was that unreasonable a wait for a niche clan weapon. It was actually fun to have a clan goal that we all slowly contributed to. 

Too many posters on the forum need to have things right away. IMO this is how certain clan goals should feel. They should give us long term objectives. 

Hema outrage was really all about nothing.

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

My ghost clan just got enough mutagen to finally finish Hema research. I don't think it was that unreasonable a wait for a niche clan weapon. It was actually fun to have a clan goal that we all slowly contributed to. 

Too many posters on the forum need to have things right away. IMO this is how certain clan goals should feel. They should give us long term objectives. 

And they still need to redue Vaubans Oxuim... 7k is still to much. 3k? thats still a lot but not as nearl as much. 

Hema outrage was totally justified. For a small clan it is a lot easier, even as an over time goal. For larger clans, even as an "over time" goal, it is quite frankly absurd. And why are you so intent on defending what they did? Even DE admitted at the time that the costs were too much, and that if they had been in the office to change things before too many people had already done it, that they would indeed have changed it. Outrage was justifed, the cost was too much, and far too many clans are still struggling to get the research done. 

I don't expect them to change anything at this point, but going along with threads like this encourages them to do what they did again in the future. And we cannot let them think it was okay. Even they admitted at the time it was a mistake, like I said earlier, and we should make sure they don't forget that it was a mistake. A long term goal is one thing, the HEMA was far worse than simply being a long term goal. 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

And they still need to redue Vaubans Oxuim... 7k is still to much. 3k? thats still a lot but not as nearl as much. 

Bro what are you talking about? There is a reason vaub I'd an alert frame and not a farmable frame, your supposed to work towards his build amterials, personally I made vaub as soon as I got the parts cause I had more than enough oxium for him and zephyr

My mountain clan hasn't got even 50% of the resources yet, just because we're a noob-friendly clan. Me and the other Warlords pretty much agreed that we'd not kick people out just because they're unable to contribute. Screw Hema... if it's a choice between research or my clanmates, imma choose them every time. But that doesn't change the fact that the numbers are ridiculous for casual clans. I'm all for long-term objectives, just not ones that last for over half a year in a non-competitive environment (at this pace it'll probably take us over a year to finish Hema).

2 minutes ago, MaximumGam1ng said:

Bro what are you talking about? There is a reason vaub I'd an alert frame and not a farmable frame, your supposed to work towards his build amterials, personally I made vaub as soon as I got the parts cause I had more than enough oxium for him and zephyr

Yeees because building OTHER things that require oxuim. and how boring oxuim farming is.... and that i do not know the current location. .. And 7k is a lot... I don't have a booster so... nor will i get one... And Vauban Prime has 20 NITAN needed. our already getting time gated why make it even more? .. 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

Yeees because building OTHER things that require oxuim. and how boring oxuim farming is.... and that i do not know the current location. .. And 7k is a lot... I don't have a booster so... nor will i get one... And Vauban Prime has 20 NITAN needed. our already getting time gated why make it even more? .. 

Dude... Oxium farming is relatively easy if you play the game. As far as Nitain goes: Just do the alerts whenever your on, the frame nor any other frames requiring Nitain aren't running away... (I have vaub p built, just need the ever elusive chassis) and I have nekros p built too...

Just now, MaximumGam1ng said:

Dude... Oxium farming is relatively easy if you play the game. As far as Nitain goes: Just do the alerts whenever your on, the frame nor any other frames requiring Nitain aren't running away... (I have vaub p built, just need the ever elusive chassis) and I have nekros p built too...

Uhm the most oxuim i have ever had was 2k...  I need a location where the ospersys appear a lot.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

Uhm the most oxuim i have ever had was 2k...  I need a location where the ospersys appear a lot.

Used to be Cerberus, Pluto, was a good spot, but the map has changed so much since then. High level Corpus interception probably still spawns a lot of Oxium Ospreys though. Just remember to bring something that can kill them first before they self destruct, or you won't get nearly as much loot. 

>needed 4 months to finish a clan research as a GHOST clan

>completely disregards the costs compared to other dojo stuff

>says that they don't understand why all people complain about despite an almost 100 page megathread having repeated the problems 10000 times and acts like it's totally fine

>further generalizes that everyone who complained about it "needs it right away"

You da wizard man. You da wizard...

Edited by IceColdHawk

Of course it was easier for your ghost clan to get the resources for the hema.  Moon clans had to get FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND mutagen samples for the hema. My clan is still 75,000 short of meeting that goal.

I'm all for long, overarching clan goals, but I guess you haven't been in the clan business for too long, and I can tell you with certainty that one of a clan's MAIN selling points, aside from community, is that they have all research complete.  People will clan-hop in order to get the research they want. So sure, long term goals are great, but not for weapon research.

I'm in a clan with inactive leader and many inactive members. We invested a lot of time, a lot of samples, but we have only 5% done and we can't do anything to reduce our costs. 

What I don't understand, is why DE didn't even try to put Mutagen samples in some other locations, pretending the derelict is enough. Who enjoys playing hours and hours, using a poor Nekros (because you know, without him it will take double the time), on the same tilesets over and over again ? 

If at least we got mutagen samples on every infested missions instead of just Eris and the Derelict, I guess we would have more of them and it would be near to be fine, but as it stands I just feel like I will have to quit my clan where we don't even know if our leader will be back someday (and this guy is so awesome I would feel guilty for leaving, hek !) 

25 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Hema outrage was totally justified. For a small clan it is a lot easier, even as an over time goal. For larger clans, even as an "over time" goal, it is quite frankly absurd. And why are you so intent on defending what they did? Even DE admitted at the time that the costs were too much, and that if they had been in the office to change things before too many people had already done it, that they would indeed have changed it. Outrage was justifed, the cost was too much, and far too many clans are still struggling to get the research done. 

I don't expect them to change anything at this point, but going along with threads like this encourages them to do what they did again in the future. And we cannot let them think it was okay. Even they admitted at the time it was a mistake, like I said earlier, and we should make sure they don't forget that it was a mistake. A long term goal is one thing, the HEMA was far worse than simply being a long term goal. 

I'm defending because I think it was a positive experience overall for my clan and would appreciate MORE items that require clan participation. 

No, I don't think ALL clan research should be this high, but the occasional niche weapon is more than okay.

They're is no reason to think that DE is all of a sudden going to make everything cost a bunch of resources. They've released many easy to earn weapons since Hema and hema wasnt even the best weapon of that update.

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

I'm in a clan with inactive leader and many inactive members. We invested a lot of time, a lot of samples, but we have only 5% done and we can't do anything to reduce our costs. 

What I don't understand, is why DE didn't even try to put Mutagen samples in some other locations, pretending the derelict is enough. Who enjoys playing hours and hours, using a poor Nekros (because you know, without him it will take double the time), on the same tilesets over and over again ? 

If at least we got mutagen samples on every infested missions instead of just Eris and the Derelict, I guess we would have more of them and it would be near to be fine, but as it stands I just feel like I will have to quit my clan where we don't even know if our leader will be back someday (and this guy is so awesome I would feel guilty for leaving, hek !) 

Find an active clan. 

If I could farm for hema passively and with extractors then it would have been fine, but because it's more or less derelict only, and Steve said it was a mistake and won't fix it well IMO that makes the hema research complete nonsense So mahna mahnam...

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

I'll just await the frothing rage in the corner over here... behind some reinforced glass... which houses a camera streaming the feed to an underground bunker in an unknown location.

As our clan (Lone Rangers) posted a thread with slightly similar notions, think it was either here or Reddit, and the reception wasn't too grand.

Edited by Naith

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Completely agree. The issue is not directly the costs themselves, but how f'd bigger clans get over them. It's much more common for ghost clans to have a higher percentage of contributing players than moon clans and the like.

That and people trying to no-life it when it came out. Long term goal was a nice change. My clan felt a bit purposeless when we finished it even.

Edited by AzoreanEve

43 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

Talk to support to make you the leader, since he's inactive. Then kick the inactive players and downgrade.

It's either that, staying in your situation, or finding another clan.

41 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm defending because I think it was a positive experience overall for my clan and would appreciate MORE items that require clan participation. 

No, I don't think ALL clan research should be this high, but the occasional niche weapon is more than okay.

They're is no reason to think that DE is all of a sudden going to make everything cost a bunch of resources. They've released many easy to earn weapons since Hema and hema wasnt even the best weapon of that update.

There is nothing wrong with long term goals, but the costs need to be reasonable, and they need to be better at either planning more reasonable long term goals in advance, or being in the office next time they try a long term goal, so they can change adjust it quickly if needed. 

I am the first to say people should not be so entitled at times, but the Hema was a bit much and they admitted it. I agree they should have long term goals, but I don't want them to get the wrong message out of threads like this and think we are okay with future weapons having the same inflated costs as the Hema. If they want us to take the time to get something instead of having it handed to us that's fine, but it should be within reason is all.