Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback Cipher Resource Change.

Husla

Wait you are telling me I need 3.5k polymer just for each single run? Wow thats just flat out evil and wrong, I feel bad giving them my money for sonar pack yesterday. Will they ever learn? Will they ever stop doing this kind of nasty stuff to their players? Because I have just about had it. I guess I am not doing the event, I was looking forward to it, but DE put up an absolutely massive grindwall and some of us have full time jobs and need to manage their time better than that. I would imagine most paying customers are in a similar situation as I am.

Shame on you DE. SHAME.

1 minute ago, Zanoza-chan said:

DE doesn't need to change things just becuz you farmed something more than something else.There's some thing called "balance". Do you think they putting a random resource in a recipe and then just throwing an update without any analysis? This boss is dropping the parts of rare wep, why should you have a chance to get those parts by paying garbage? Think about that.

but the gorgon wraith is trash though

3 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

Nothing drops on my end after 4 runs. Perhaps the %drop chance is bugged or it's just rng not on my side today. 

6 minutes ago, InfinitySnail said:

My personal experience. Noting that the Cicero mods aren't even on the droptable in the Codex.. x.x

Same here, again a useless mod on the 4th... :(

Just now, Zanoza-chan said:

Well, there were ppl saying that Supra Vandal is trash and mastery fodder.

you can't accurately hit anything with the gorgon wraith from distance, and by that i mean the target has to be 5-10 feet away from you, supra vandal can create a hail storm of bullets pretty accurately, it also has a 300 round magazine, gorgon has a 3 SECOND RELOAD and a 90 round magazine, you will spend more time reloading the damn thing then firing it

10 minutes ago, bronzebonobo said:

you can't accurately hit anything with the gorgon wraith from distance, and by that i mean the target has to be 5-10 feet away from you, supra vandal can create a hail storm of bullets pretty accurately, it also has a 300 round magazine, gorgon has a 3 SECOND RELOAD and a 90 round magazine, you will spend more time reloading the damn thing then firing it

Item price (or worthness) = effectiveness (or usability) PLUS rarity

Afaik Gorgon Wraith appeared in game twice (not counting the bug with Jackal), so its rarity is clear fact. Trading rare wep parts for some polymers looks like fair trade.

I still can't understand the hysteria around razorbacks. Wanna puncture set? Go farm. Wanna higher mastery rank? Go farm. You're fan of grineer wep? Go farm. Don't want anything from the list? Mastery isn't important for you? Go make tea. Simple decision.

Though cost is one cipher per squad, not per player.

Edited by Zanoza-chan

12 minutes ago, Kusungphak said:

Assur 20 min run is easily 4k polymer and then an arch wing mission and done... I made the cipher within 1 hour and finished 2 runs as someone in my group used the cipher the first time... 

20 minutes for ONE key. IF you want to get gorgon or puncture mods - think 20-30 keys.

the polymer resource cost is is absolutely ridiculous , so instead of a fun razorback event, we have to grind the hell out of polymers for hours to have a miserable chance to get some puncturemods/weapon parts, this is like some hardcore  korean grind MMO crap.    

DE well done :clap:

Edited by minidelight

Polymer has always been a problem for me, I've never had enough.  I don't even use it on restores, there's just so many things that require it to craft or research, meanwhile I have stupid amounts of just about everything else.  It's also the least common common resource, being only found on one moderately-high level planet and two starter planets and in smaller bundles than the other common resources.

I suppose it really isn't that bad, considering you only ("only" as if it isn't still a large amount) need 10500 to complete the event, but since the Gorgon Wraith is untradable and the Puncture set hasn't returned elsewhere, 3.5k polymer is definitely going to be the limiting factor for most people.  At least the Jupiter Archwing mission is fast and piss-easy, and I've been getting at least one thingy per run, but F*** Uranus I hate that tileset and Mercury and Venus aren't as rewarding.

29 minutes ago, Ketec said:

20 minutes for ONE key. IF you want to get gorgon or puncture mods - think 20-30 keys.

I thought just do the 3 razor backs and its done... Realized need to grind to get parts now. 

6 razorbacks destroyed and 0 gordon parts... 

It's just weird, why do you need so much polymer bundle for it. To get all the Gorgon Wraith parts, you'll maybe need to do 30 runs. To craft 30 ciphers, you're gonna need 105k Polymer Bundle. It's unfair, and it's way too much.

5 hours ago, shomi987 said:

any one got any gorgon parts droped or its not droping curently at all ?

Yeah, got a part on the first run. Got mad at the toxic mod though, real mad.

What's the chance of the puncture mods dropping, anyone know?

9 hours ago, Husbandry said:

Yeah, got a part on the first run. Got mad at the toxic mod though, real mad.

What's the chance of the puncture mods dropping, anyone know?

I'd assume same as last time, so 5% chance for puncture mod.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, Pogomonster said:

I agree, it should seriously be changed, Polymer Bundle is not even that common to begin with. Maybe 500 Polymer Bundle instead would be fine, 3.5k is too much.

Polymer bundles are very easy to farm: use extractors. There are several planets where they're common or uncommon drops and the return is decent.

However, this requires some prior planning, i.e. the 7Ps.

This event isn't the only consumable that uses polymer bundles. A number of gear items do. I had something like 1.7m polymer going into the event, so constructing ciphers was a non-issue. Again, Proper Prior Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance.

Resources are meant to be used and generally do get used. Keeping a substantial stock on hand is just a smart thing to do. Get those extractors running! It's exactly what they're for.

On 12.5.2017 at 7:38 PM, TomGetsIt said:

Speak for yourself, I have much more polymer than alloy plate

303k Alloy Plates, 433k Salvage, 399k Ferrite, 431k Nano Spores, 2.3k Polymer. And I only built three cifers. Granted I did build Nidus for 8.6k Poly a couple of days before the event came up but still. The difference is massive.

On 5/13/2017 at 1:34 AM, Ketec said:

try 50

52 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Polymer bundles are very easy to farm: use extractors. There are several planets where they're common or uncommon drops and the return is decent.

However, this requires some prior planning, i.e. the 7Ps.

This event isn't the only consumable that uses polymer bundles. A number of gear items do. I had something like 1.7m polymer going into the event, so constructing ciphers was a non-issue. Again, Proper Prior Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance.

Resources are meant to be used and generally do get used. Keeping a substantial stock on hand is just a smart thing to do. Get those extractors running! It's exactly what they're for.

Exactly our point. A lot of our primary consumables (namely energy pizzas) already require polymer bundle to craft, and is doing its job as a resource sink.

The other resources however, is just sitting there collecting digital dust in our inventory. Why must they choose an already-used-on-the-daily-basis resource for the event when they couldve used another so abundant resources most player base have? 

Its like they're hoping for most people to spend plat for resource booster just so we can actually participate instead of spending most of our time on uranus farming Polymer bundles.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

Can anyone tell me how to craft the cipher? Just where are we supposed to fly to?

Archwing mobile defense mission on uranus will net you enough mat for 2-3 mission per run, assuming you have enough polymer bundle.