Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If there is a Rage mod for Health, shouldn't there be one for Shields??

Trickst3rGawd

I'm not sure you thought this entirely through. ; p

The reason rage gives back energy as a mod is because, you know, you are taking direct health damage. The point is it's a risk/versus reward mod sort of. What's the risk in taking damage to your shields? Everyone would use this. I don't think this makes sense. 

I would love to see more new and interesting shield mods once we get Harrow and shield gating, but I don't think this is the right direction to go with them. 

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm not sure you thought this entirely through. ; p

The reason rage gives back energy as a mod is because, you know, you are taking direct health damage. The point is it's a risk/versus reward mod sort of. What's the risk in taking damage to your shields? Everyone would use this. I don't think this makes sense. 

I would love to see more new and interesting shield mods once we get Harrow and shield gating, but I don't think this is the right direction to go with them. 

yeah I didn't.

I would not mind a mod for getting health from taking shield damage, would help against infested and slash procs.

You could also take the concept and apply it to universal warframe syndicate mods. Taking shield damage charges up the syndicate blast. So it promotes being aggressive to fire off lots of blasts. Though that may make Perrin Sequence the most wanted due to its shield restore.

Getting health from taking shield damage seems a bit sketchy, but, what about adding damage resistance for a few seconds?  Something like:  For every 100 points of shielding lost to enemy attacks, gain 10% damage resist for 10 seconds (max 75%).  The resist stacks, but the durations all tick down independently.  So basically, the faster you lose your shields, the bigger a damage resistance spike you get for that 10 seconds.

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

You mean get energy for taking shield damage? No. That would way OP because unlike health, shield regenerates naturally, it can be boosted by abilities, and nearly every frame is on equal footing when it comes to shielding. 

Very true and very 'op" as described by Miser_able. It sounds good on paper, but shielding already comes back fast and on it's own for all frames without intervention and mods. One alone sounds too much, what if now adding both mods? This would be just too much.

27 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Getting health from taking shield damage seems a bit sketchy, but, what about adding damage resistance for a few seconds?  Something like:  For every 100 points of shielding lost to enemy attacks, gain 10% damage resist for 10 seconds (max 75%).  The resist stacks, but the durations all tick down independently.  So basically, the faster you lose your shields, the bigger a damage resistance spike you get for that 10 seconds.

Yeah, regardless the mod should probably encourage being aggressive in its use.