Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween Oberon Set: The Bramble (Finished)

So I bacame really curious to see what it would look with the entire body, so I poorly binded your helm with an art of oberon from lotushim554. Here is what it looks like. 

And tbh, IT LOOKS DOPE 

EDIT: Also, I think people are talking about these two glowing points (below two vertical stripes) in his face. Personally, I think they're too much high/in the wrong position to be considered eyes

IPSBM7D.jpg

Edited by SoldierOS

1 hour ago, SoldierOS said:

So I bacame really curious to see what it would look with the entire body, so I poorly binded your helm with an art of oberon from lotushim554. Here is what it looks like. 
And tbh, IT LOOKS DOPE 
EDIT: Also, I think people are talking about these two glowing points (below two vertical stripes) in is face. Personally, I think they're too much high/in the wrong position to be considered eyes

What the whaaaaat it totally does
And that's approximately the size of the helmet that I was going for, so congrats on that

If those are the eye-structures that people are complaining about, then yes, they were not intended to be eyes and are far too centered for me to have considered them so. At the same time, however, I'm going to need to work more detail in there, because it's looking a little too stamped on compared to what I'd wanted. Something to remember for the final helmet, I suppose.

Forgive me if this has been asked or not. Fashion frame being "end game", whats the texture of the helmet. Oberon seems to go either Matte or Shiny af, which pretty much ruins most colors when chosen. Even the tenno gen unicorn helmet has a weird texture that seems to add a "white sheen" on the helm turning blacks to grey or reds to sliverish. I'm just wondering what the texture of this is compared to say normal oberon's skin i see the 3d art show it with the "matte" oberon normal skin which isn't at all what it looks like in game.

I like the idea of this helmet much like i liked the idea of the unicorn helmet but i felt let down when i saw how the unicorn helmet washes out colors placed on it. Is there a way to see ingame or at least with the real Oberon ingame texture so we can compare. Please if you have the choice no shiny helmet.

If this gets accepted it's definitely something i'd get assuming its not shiny in game. This is fantastic work.:thumbup:

Looks cool, but a bit disproportionately HUGE compared to Oberon's skinny self.  Thin it up a little and it would look pretty good, maybe even a worthy alternate to the default helm.  I personally cant stand either of Oberon's alt hats...

11 hours ago, Nirune said:

Forgive me if this has been asked or not. Fashion frame being "end game", whats the texture of the helmet. Oberon seems to go either Matte or Shiny af, which pretty much ruins most colors when chosen. Even the tenno gen unicorn helmet has a weird texture that seems to add a "white sheen" on the helm turning blacks to grey or reds to sliverish. I'm just wondering what the texture of this is compared to say normal oberon's skin i see the 3d art show it with the "matte" oberon normal skin which isn't at all what it looks like in game.

I like the idea of this helmet much like i liked the idea of the unicorn helmet but i felt let down when i saw how the unicorn helmet washes out colors placed on it. Is there a way to see ingame or at least with the real Oberon ingame texture so we can compare. Please if you have the choice no shiny helmet.

If this gets accepted it's definitely something i'd get assuming its not shiny in game. This is fantastic work.:thumbup:

It hasn't been asked; most people don't seem concerned with it. That said, I'm trying really hard to make the helmet work with both the standard skin and the Feyarch model, in terms of colour and texture. The horns will probably be the same texture type as the Feyarch model's arms, to match, while the head will probably be a kind of buffed leather: rough in places, but on larger, smoother areas, a little bit flatter and shinier, as if it's been rubbed smooth.
The Warframe Tennogen engine does allow me to preview the helmet on the model with colours of my choosing, so I had planned to screenshot examples from that when the helmet is further along.

2 hours ago, Aliuas said:

the energy dots in the middle of his face should be more wide apart, just looks a little funky to me, maybe they could be near the cheeks, 2-4 on each side?

I'm planning on getting rid of those most likely. My goal was to imitate the Feyarch helmet slightly, but it doesn't contribute enough to the overall design. I was planning on testing lights on the sides of the head, but wasn't entirely committed to it at present.
I'll still test them and post screenshots here for a full library of variations before deciding on a final iteration.

21 hours ago, Wurdyburd said:

I'm planning on getting rid of those most likely. My goal was to imitate the Feyarch helmet slightly, but it doesn't contribute enough to the overall design. I was planning on testing lights on the sides of the head, but wasn't entirely committed to it at present.
I'll still test them and post screenshots here for a full library of variations before deciding on a final iteration.

I drew over your most recent sculpt, here are 2 energy patterns you could use, let me know if you like them :)

Y3Les16.png

CD80rOo.png

Edited by Aliuas

3 hours ago, Aliuas said:

I drew over your most recent sculpt, here are 2 energy patterns you could use, let me know if you like them :)

I actually kind of like the second one. I might end up doing something like that, but I'll mess around with it a bit.

Just now, Wurdyburd said:

I actually kind of like the second one. I might end up doing something like that, but I'll mess around with it a bit.

Nothing wrong with adding anything that looks like "eyes" on Tennogen helm. One of the Excal Tennogen does that, and some of Mirage's helmet does that too.

The first one looks great too imo

4 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Question: Does this helmet have any metallic tint? Want to make it match customisation when Oberon gets primed.

The answer is that it does not. I'd honestly only recently realized I didn't use his fourth channel anywhere, and am struggling to figure out where it can go. Because honestly, the yellow on Oberon Standard is ugly, but metallic, and the fourth channel on Feyarch is used for the butterfly wings and leaves, so whatever I add, it has to fit with those. On Standard, it's protruding shiny plates, and on Feyarch, it's flat colour spots, and a prime (I assume) would also be protruding shiny plates and filigree. To design for one and not the other alienates one of the skins.

I may end up holding off on the final helmet until we see Oberon Prime, so I can more confidently match the style, but it'll probably end up as filigree, or dangling rings, like mentioned earlier in the thread.

On 5/18/2017 at 3:39 PM, Wurdyburd said:

On 5/18/2017 at 3:41 PM, LokiTheCondom said:

Nothing wrong with adding anything that looks like "eyes" on Tennogen helm. One of the Excal Tennogen does that, and some of Mirage's helmet does that too.

The first one looks great too imo

Thanks you guys!

By the way, images of Oberon prime have already been leaked, along with Silva and aegis prime and Sybaris prime. Look it up if you'd like to see them!

24 minutes ago, Aliuas said:

By the way, images of Oberon prime have already been leaked, along with Silva and aegis prime and Sybaris prime. Look it up if you'd like to see them!

I've seen them, and while I'm okay how Oberon Prime looks for the most part, I'm not going to add accenting to try and match the golden filigree that the prime has. It would upset the colours of the Feyarch skin too much to have bright orange bands and shiny orange detailing on the helmet.

As a gigantic mythology nerd, Idk if the Cernunnos name fits, really. :S Cernunnos was more of a god of mediation, and possibly wealth/good fortune, if archaeology is correct.

Plus, don't all of the depictions of him have those torque ring thingies around his antlers? It'd be cool to see those on the helm. :D

EDIT: XD Lol nvm. Someone beat me to it about the torque thing. My bad o/

Edited by cloudsoda
Lol

1 hour ago, cloudsoda said:

As a gigantic mythology nerd, Idk if the Cernunnos name fits, really. :S Cernunnos was more of a god of mediation, and possibly wealth/good fortune, if archaeology is correct.
Plus, don't all of the depictions of him have those torque ring thingies around his antlers? It'd be cool to see those on the helm. :D
EDIT: XD Lol nvm. Someone beat me to it about the torque thing. My bad o/

Cernunnos is most well known for being a horned god, since portrayal of his appearance shifts some (such as a torque around the neck, on his horns, or none at all), though documentation of his appearance is usually a description rather than an image.
Oberon is famous among the warframes for having antlers, since every one of his helmets feature some kind of protrusion, though there's some disagreement on whether he most resembles a goat or a deer. So, I figured the imagery of a horned individual suited.