The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluctus Infinite Punchthrough

PookieNumnums

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Looks like you never used the Zenith.

Its not like the zenith has hitscan and infinite range on top of that though, right? /s

The fluctus makes design wise sense to have infinite punchthrough, IF it has to be nerfed, nerf the range instead. The mentalitiy of "oh this is different and thus better, make it the same as everything else" is the most backwards gamedesign mindset there is. NEVER nerf the part of a weapon that makes it unique, always balance it with other variables.

That would be the same as saying: "The simulor is OP because it has those orbs combining and dealing tons of aoe? Lets just make the projectiles only do damage when they impact an enemy directly like every other weapon."

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

Its not like the zenith has hitscan and infinite range on top of that though, right? /s

Yeah, that too.
I just wanted to point out the argument the OP used was wrong. ("Remove it, because there is no other thing doing the same stuff")

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

it HAS infinite punch through. Actually it has exactly the same behavior as the fluctus, except for damage falloff.

the wave shrinks with every item it passes through it can and will eventually disappear if it hits enough targets

5 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

the wave shrinks with every item it passes through it can and will eventually disappear if it hits enough targets

Still goes through infinite thickness of walls and terrain.

Also I would like a confirmation of your information that the energy waves deplete with hitting targets, no source i can find confirms that, all say that it has infinite punch through upt to its maximum range, with damage falling off.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

13 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Neither does the Fluctus, since it has a limited range of 150m

Pretty sure its 500, I've been using it exclusively as recently as earlier today and based on enemy indicators displaying their range, its definitely more than 150m.

Anyway, yeah, I think punchthrough on it is fine, but shrug, it has a low ammo pool and shorter range than other weapons.  Though I think all archwing weapons need at least 100m punchthrough just to go through resources that float around and block shots.

Nothing worse than trying to shoot through an itzal clump of energy orbs with phaedra or some other non fluctus weapon.

you don't need a source to verify this, you just have to test it yourself. and  fluctus doesn't go through asteroids.  Archwing for now is a requirement for certain missions and players go there mostly to level up their archwing gear.  The moment you have an archwing you can do these missions and its up to you to level up your stuff or not.  So in all the process of leveling what is unfair?  is octavia/hydroid/nidus + any level 0 frame unfair in akkad?  Be careful what you guys ask for.  Archwing isn't enough content yet to say a weapon is unjust to others, might as well say amesha is OP and unjust too, lets not even talk about the velocitus facing the golem.    

The thing is, while it definitely is ridiculous in its current form (due to other weapons' underperformance), reducing it too much could make it quite tedious to use in all those Corpus environments (aside from destroying the weapon's 'unique' identity in the process). The proposed 1.x meters are basically zero due to Archwing's scaling. If you reduced the punch through to, say, 50 or 25 meters, I doubt it would really change anything in regard of the main issue at hand: it clears massive amounts of enemies because of its AoE while most other Arch-weapons just make a bit of single target *pew pew* <.< And some even get that sweet, sweet screenshake in all directions on top of doing nothing (in comparison), looking at you, Dual Decurion.

I'd say, even if they took the easiest route (never happens, right?) and gave the Fluctus damage fall-off (due to that subtle dialogue about Exalted Blade in here :D), it would most likely change nothing either. You might be forced to be a bit closer for tougher enemies but that's it.

Regarding its actual range: the wiki says 275 meters while some other source says 350. Also, Punches Through All Units: True.

1 minute ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

you don't need a source to verify this, you just have to test it yourself. and  fluctus doesn't go through asteroids.

That's no valid test due to Warframe's architecture (some walls / components are just impenetrable). If that statement was true, you could argue that Zenith doesn't have infinite punch through either while it actually does. Aside from my own experience where it did go through them.

You do realize there is other weapons can be just as good as fluctus right ? Grattler ? Imperator Vandal ? Phaedra ? Veloctius ?

Fluctus has :

• Limited range
  • Low Ammo, takes while to recharge before firing it more even with a mod
  • Not convenient and doesn't deal much damage to Jordas boss
  • Crowd Control weapon

We get it Itzal + Fluctus. We get it how it one shots enemies. The Archwing mode in general isn't even completed.

Not to mention that we are getting nulifiers in archwing soon so there.

Edited by loner-hero

I think that, given how large to hitbox of the projectile is, without punchthrough unless you shoot in open space the projectile would stop at the first wall/debris making the weapon literally useless.

45 minutes ago, loner-hero said:

You do realize there is other weapons can be just as good as fluctus right ? Grattler ? Imperator Vandal ? Phaedra ? Veloctius ?

Sure, they're good but Fluctus will clear 90% of Archwing's content exponentially faster (bosses are the exception; naturally, you'll pick a weapon with more single target damage if you have one readily modded).

48 minutes ago, loner-hero said:
  • Limited range
  • Low Ammo, takes while to recharge before firing it more even with a mod

You can still clear enemies faster even if you take the recharge into account. Though, these are exactly the reasons why any tweaks to its punch through (or in general) would have to be made very carefully.

54 minutes ago, loner-hero said:

The Archwing mode in general isn't even completed.

Well, it doesn't seem like there are real attempts made to change that :D

Regarding its range:

Spoiler

7c584e1c72.jpg

60fed146e3.jpg

Seems to be about 450 meters.

32 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

Sure, they're good but Fluctus will clear 90% of Archwing's content exponentially faster (bosses are the exception; naturally, you'll pick a weapon with more single target damage if you have one readily modded).

Only, if you don't play against higher levels. After some "waves" on Caelusthe Fluctus will fall off.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Only, if you don't play against higher levels. After some "waves" on Caelusthe Fluctus will fall off.

Well, I never had any problems for a couple of C rotations and honestly, I wouldn't really want to stay any longer anyway, hence I made the arbitrary '90%' statement.

MANY archwing guns are in a really good spot right now in terms of performance.  Even the corvus if used at close range.

The only weapon with issues imo is dual decurions because of the insane recoil.

I think it's best not to touch aw weapons that are good.  I love the imoperator,  grattler,  cyngas, Fluctus, velocitus is good too.  Having almost every weapon viable is a testament to good design.  You just pick whichever you like to use and you're Golden.  So why are you asking for a Nerf to a unique gun?  Are you aware that there are no punch through mods for aw so fluctus offers a unique feature to the game mode.

Being an aw weapon I'd be okay with 10 meter punch through, but 1-2? our hands held guns can surpass that!  My detron has 3.2 meters of punch through....