Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should you be able to add more the one polarity with one forma to lessen the grind??

Trickst3rGawd

I think that many players would love it if you could probably add like...hm lets say 2 or three polarities with one forma! There is still grind but just a little less of it you know? (so ready to get shot down >_>) What do ya'll think?

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

I had this idea of an Ultra Forma.

One time use, install and to add, remove, or alter your chosen polarity of a mod slot for unlimited number of times on your installed frame, weapon, etc. Does not reset level of that gear to do so. 

Of course it would be a legendary reward. 

Edited by GKDK

As RRR said, I feel like it would reduce the worth of a Forma,
Allowing more capacity on a weapon is already quite the huge deal.
Imagine slapping one Forma and getting back the capacity that is usually used on your most costly mods.
Say, a riven of 18 with two mods that cost 16. You get a whole 25 capacity ( Which is almost a full Catalyst worth of capacity ) , at what price? 20 minutes of farming and 24 hours for a built Forma.

You lessen the grind, but you also allow all weapon to have Max capacity mods for little to no cost while diminishing the need for a Catalyst.

A good alternative would be GK's idea without the need to actually have a different Forma.
Allows you to put any Aura on your warframe if you put a Forma on the slot, More freedom to build your warframes, not restricted to Forma'ing a slot over and over again for the lone sake of wanting to try something new.

Gotta say, having to re-level your weapon just to put on a forma feels a bit awkward though, it makes it boring to try and expand your frontier with any weapon/warframe.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

30 minutes ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

I think that many players would love it if you could probably add like...hm lets say 2 or three polarities with one forma! There is still grind but just a little less of it you know? (so ready to get shot down >_>) What do ya'll think?

I would much prefer if after you forma a slot it could be switched anytime between the polarities that it is switched to.  It would greatly increase build variety.

Other than that, one forma per polarity per slot is fine.  Besides if we take away the grind what are we left with?

One forma for one polarity is perfectly ok and fair. I only wish we could add more than one forma at a time, this reflecting on the necessary mastery to reach Lvl 30.  For one forma the usual amount, for two double that, for three  triple and so on. 

7 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

One forma for one polarity is perfectly ok and fair. I only wish we could add more than one forma at a time, this reflecting on the necessary mastery to reach Lvl 30.  For one forma the usual amount, for two double that, for three  triple and so on. 

I'd be down for that, would make things feel less of a pain in a sense for weapons especially.

44 minutes ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

How about this?

1 minute ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

I'd be down for that, would make things feel less of a pain in a sense for weapons especially.

I feel like the pain comes from the action you're required to do afterward.
You're adding a Forma to extend your build capacity, to make your weapon much stronger and allow you to be a fearsome warframe.
What do you need to do in order to accomplish this?
20 Minutes of infested smashing with powers because your weapon is ranked 0.

Lessen the grind?

Rank up to MR 23 and you'll have newly formaed weapons as if they were rank 23. All you want is to not have a reason to rank your MR. Then why would I need to be MR23 and what rewards do I get for so much grinding? Nothing because of what people like this wants (less grind)

pffft ... casuals.

*looks the other way and walks out*

Edited by BLI7Z

32 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I feel like the pain comes from the action you're required to do afterward.
You're adding a Forma to extend your build capacity, to make your weapon much stronger and allow you to be a fearsome warframe.
What do you need to do in order to accomplish this?
20 Minutes of infested smashing with powers because your weapon is ranked 0.

I like the idea of making the grind more efficient

Putting all the forma wanted and leveling up the weapon with the amount of affinity needed for x number of forma but its just a straight shot to 30 makes it less discouraging and more efficient when your weapon is level 29/30 when you are formaing it it could have been used for a normal run.

16 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

Lessen the grind?

Rank up to MR 23 and you'll have newly formaed weapons as if they were rank 23. All you want is to not have a reason to rank your MR. Then why would I need to be MR23 and what rewards do I get for so much grinding? Nothing because of what people like this wants (less grind)

pffft ... casuals.

whqb3.jpg

49 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

pffft ... casuals.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of casuals.  I have nearly double your time played, yet you call me a casual?  Seems odd.

12 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of casuals.  I have nearly double your time played, yet you call me a casual?  Seems odd.

It's not something about gametime hahahaha

You can have 6k hours ingame but not being a hardcore player anyways 

It's about the way you play and look at the game, not just the hours you put into it.

And BTW, I have those hours because in the 3 years I've been playing, I didn't play for like 16 months of all that time because of... I don't have to explain nothing. 

1 hour ago, BLI7Z said:

I don't have to explain nothing. 

I didn't ask you to explain, don't call someone casual without knowing anything about them, its pathetic and childish.  I look at the game how I want to look at it, it does not have to coincide with your point of view not even a little.  It does not mean my way of playing or seeing the game is any less effective than yours is.

Wanting to change how forma currently works has zero to do with the grind or wanting to not increase MR or being hardcore or casual.  If you enjoy the grind, go grind.  It does not mean those who do not enjoy precisely the same activities as you are any less capable and experienced as you at this game, most are even more so, clearly.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

I didn't ask you to explain, don't call someone casual without knowing anything about them, its pathetic and childish.  I look at the game how I want to look at it, it does not have to coincide with your point of view not even a little.  It does not mean my way of playing or seeing the game is any less effective than yours is.

Wanting to change how forma currently works has zero to do with the grind or wanting to not increase MR or being hardcore or casual.  If you enjoy the grind, go grind.  It does not mean those who do not enjoy precisely the same activities as you are any less capable and experienced as you at this game, most are even more so, clearly.

Well, if you got touched by someone saying "casual", it's your fault, not mine. I just shoot blindly to see where it randomly hits. And I see it got to someone. 

20 hours ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

NO!!!

I'd rather have something like, add 8 forma at once but make it so my frame needs 8 times the xp to 30. I'd still have to grind the xp but at least I wouldn't have to repeat the process 8 times.

Edited by Momo93

As an veteran i find people issues with polarities and forma's to be rather trivial. You don't even need much to forma your favorite weapon. There is decent pile of weapons that require 3 forma to be maxed out and to get that 3 forma you to do couple relic missions and wait 3 days for all of them to be crafted :| 

I just want to see that forma'd slots become universal slots. It's especially annoying with the stance slot for Melee that you have to stay with one Stance instead of be able to change (except you put 2 more Formas in because of that)