Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why would the Stalker Avenge Lehpantis?

Jaclearsup

The Tenno assassinated the entire leadership of the Orokin at once - every Orokin of Secutor rank and above.  The Stalker was left to do nothing but watch.  As a result, he's apparently sworn to avenge any leader that the Tenno assassinate - even Infested 'leaders' like Phorid and Lephantis.

16 minutes ago, Jaclearsup said:

I really don't get it, Lephantis is an infested mash of ****, why would the stalker associate with Lephantis? I'm really asking, idfk why he would avenge him

There is no lore reason. DE just wanted an assassin enemy that punishes players for taking out bosses. Stalker was originally supposed to be angry at the Tenno for destroying the Orokin emperors, yet in TSD, DE had Stalker join up with the Sentients, the enemies of the Orokin. Now, you might question why Stalker would do that. Well, because DE wanted to tie in the Stalker with the Tenno figuring out who they were. I don't think they thought through what Stalker would actually do. It suited their gameplay, and so they made Stalker ally with the Sentients. In a similar way, DE made Stalker come after you for killing bosses, and I don't think they thought about whether or not Stalker would actually punish you for killing some old Infested creature.

I thought it was weird and illogical to, but then I remembered an assasin who went after John Lennon because "a book said so".

Fiction is sometimes more comforting in reality.

Also

5 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

hqdefault.jpg

Stalker is actually AM.

This man knows.

18 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

The Stalker will take any excuse for an opportunity to kill Tenno.

Also he does not like people who steal his kills. Lephantis was his kill (same with Phorid) and you stole it so extra special deathmark for you.

"You got me the wrong coffee creamer...? Oh no big deal... Just one thing. I am your Reckoning!"

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Oh, I just call Lephantis that XD

There's a funny story behind it, but with how PC people are nowadays, it's not worth saying anything further :(

All that comes to my mind is lephantis heads wearing a blonde wigs and traditional european dresses that screeches in italian. Don't ask why.

I was expecting someone to mention that Stalker went full crazy Knight Templar after the Orokin's downfall, basically:

21 hours ago, TankHunter678 said:

The Stalker will take any excuse for an opportunity to kill Tenno.

So, he sees the Tenno as criminals and himself a rightful judge of the system.

Edited by Beggining
Woop da Woot

3 hours ago, Kihana said:

It's a computer game. It doesn't have to make sense.

In what world of gaming is this---? Ugh. Is it does. If Imma have this dude coming after me while leveling my warframes, weapons, etc. The stalker better have a reason for it. 

12 hours ago, LightningsVengance said:

"You got me the wrong coffee creamer...? Oh no big deal... Just one thing. I am your Reckoning!"

Imagine stalker as a hippie,

"THE POLLUTION OF MY LAKE WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED! But let me smoke weed for a moment and get to protesting"

On 5/28/2017 at 7:20 PM, Jaclearsup said:

I really don't get it, Lephantis is an infested mash of ****, why would the stalker associate with Lephantis? I'm really asking, idfk why he would avenge him

Why would the entire world go to war with itself over the assassination of an archduke of Austria?