The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the odds we see Mesa Prime instead of Zephyr Prime?

So this is the current pattern of frames scheduled to be prime and when. Considering Hydroid and Zeph need reworks , what are the odds DE pulls a "switcha roo" and Mesa jumps in Zephyr's spot? 

Hydroid (August 2017) > Zephyr (MESA)(November 2017)> Mirage (February 2018)> Limbo (May 2018)> Chroma (August 2018)> Mesa (ZEPHYR)(November 2018)> Equinox (February 2019)> Atlas (May 2019)> Wukong (August 2019)> Ivara (November 2019)> Titania (February 2020)> Nezha (May 2020)> Inaros (August 2020)> Octavia (November 2020)> N/A (February 2021)> Nidus (May 2021)> Harrow (August 2021).

thoughts?

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

Unless they are in desperate need for cash, im gonna say abysmal. Theres still 3 months for hydroid rework, and 6 for zephyr rework according schedule. Should be plenty of time to rush a rework for both.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

wouldn't be the first time (Nova Prime), and Mesa is certainly more popular, but with the right rework, Zephyr could still be a great Prime. she just needs a rework is all.

because the Simulor can't be Primed XD.

That funny right there ..lost a bit of my red bull :crylaugh: thanks for that lol

It's hard to speculate - DE rushes primes that are in popular demand - the 'pattern' has already been broken before.  

I could be wrong but I seem to remember Nova getting seriously fasttracked ahead of time for this reason.  I guess it depends who cries loud enough?

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

I can see Mirage being brought forward to catch Christmas spending.  I guess Mesa is fairly popular too but I'd think Mirage more likely.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

wouldn't be the first time (Nova Prime),

I still maintain that Frost Prime was the first to jump the queue.  Second only to Excalibur in getting a Prime yet his normal version was released after Rhino, Loki, Volt & Ash.

It's all a matter of cash if we talk about PA in a Fall-Winter period:

Nova & Valkyr Prime nudge nudge wink wink

I think it will be Mirage who will take the place. Mesa is sure popular but not as much as Mirage is. Zephyr requires a lot of details and time for her rework and I think we haven't heard a word about her rework yet.

Personally i prefer not to see mesa prime so early. But seeing as this year's scheduled male primes (Oberon and Hydroid, both not so popular AFAIK), and the next female frame prime is going to be near Christmas, it wont be strange for DE to push a popular frame up for prime upgrade.

I like both Mesa and Zephyr. Still think Zephyr needs this more. I just hope DE won't hit any of them by Limbo's bat (which made him essentially a solo-only frame). Honestly, Mesa is awesome as is, so I don't think she needs any rework outside, maybe, tweaking her first ability. I don't care about Mirage.

Mesa has a high chance to be primed first if oberon and hydroid primes don't sell well... considering that they aren't as popular as others.DE wouldn't want to suffer a 3rd time failure with zehyr prime.

51 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Hydroid (August 2017) > Zephyr (November 2017)> Mirage (February 2018)> Limbo (May 2018)> Chroma (August 2018)> Mesa (November 2018)> Equinox (February 2019)> Atlas (May 2019)> Wukong (August 2019)> Ivara (November 2019)> Titania (February 2020)> Nezha (May 2020)> Inaros (August 2020)> Octavia (November 2020)> N/A (February 2021)> Nidus (May 2021)> Harrow (August 2021).

I will take this back thanks. /s

Also, i really hope not.

DE have been talking about zephyr on devstreams more than mesa in this year, like zephyr's WIP deluxe skin and abilities rework (i can't recall any topic about mesa this year). So DE probably gonna stick with the plan and release zephyr prime. 

As the case with oberon, first we get oberon's Deluxe & ability rework and then Oberon prime's release, so there's a very big chance that zephyr will be the next prime instead of mesa (because the lack of mesa-related content) .

Just cause there was ONE exception (Nova) who's prime went out of wack doesn't mean others will too so I find that argument poor.

I believe they won't rush Mesa's prime. There's plenty of time till the next female prime to rework Zephyr and with DE's focus on reworking recently and reviewing older frames and systems, I wouldn't be surprised if Zephyr is indeed next female prime and gets a timely rework as Oberon did and hopefully as Hydroid will too.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

So this is the current pattern of frames scheduled to be prime and when. Considering Hydroid and Zeph need reworks , what are the odds DE pulls a "switcha roo" and Mesa jumps in Zephyr's spot? 

Hydroid (August 2017) > Zephyr (MESA)(November 2017)> Mirage (February 2018)> Limbo (May 2018)> Chroma (August 2018)> Mesa (ZEPHYR)(November 2018)> Equinox (February 2019)> Atlas (May 2019)> Wukong (August 2019)> Ivara (November 2019)> Titania (February 2020)> Nezha (May 2020)> Inaros (August 2020)> Octavia (November 2020)> N/A (February 2021)> Nidus (May 2021)> Harrow (August 2021).

thoughts?

I've been waiting forever for Zephyr Prime... it would torture me. Plus, they wouldn't skip Mirage. The next in line for a Prime after Hydroid are Zephyr and Mirage, then Limbo and Chroma, then Mesa and Equinox. The chances are very unlikely since Zephyr does need a rework and it's a perfect time to do it. 

Wanting them to rush your favorite frame's priming doesn't make actual chances of it any higher. People seem to so desperately grasp at the Nova Prime example.. but that's just it, she is the -only- time it happened to that extent. They have not repeated such ''cutting in line'' ever since.

As for people talking about the earliest primes as other examples, that is a moot point, back when Frost, Excal and Mag were the only primes, there was no pattern or trend to speak of. Back then, like so many things DE does at first, it was spontaneous, only after Ember Prime did the pattern we know start to solidify itself.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

2 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Wanting them to rush your favorite frame's priming doesn't make actual chances of it any higher.

I wouldn't call it rushing per say...as I'm sure when DE designs a frame they design the prime version as well.  I would call it more of me trying to justify why DE may skip a frame that needs a rework for a frame that doesn't. And is considerably more popular.