The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I suggest we be able to influence mob density

SPplayer76

We all know that the game will spawn more enemies for squads than for a solo player. This is for balance reasons, because it's awful for a full squad to have relatively nothing to fight. How would you guys feel if we could tell the game to spawn enemies as if the solo player was a full squad? I'm sure I'm not alone in sometimes wanting to solo missions that have full squad spawns. I suppose Ill address concerns I foresee.

-Wouldn't this discourage multiplayer?-

Yes and no, something like this would not stop players who enjoy squads from wanting to play them. However is does mean some players would leave the multiplayerbase because they would no longer need a full group for maximum spawns, so the multiplayerbase would indeed go down. This might not be a bad thing though, as this could end up refining the multiplayerbase to be more saturated with players desiring teamwork. How many times has a squad you joined had that player that is completely self focused and rushes through the mission?

-You just want easier farming-

While yes I do want that, this doesn't create some sort of new easy mode farming. Playing with a squad will always be easier than playing solo (assuming full squad spawns for both groups) It does mean that someone playing solo will be able to gather more things provided they are willing to deal with more spawns.

-What is point-

I mostly just dislike the slow mob density ramp of solo defense/survival, it feels like you are wasting your time and that you should be playing with a squad. I also dislike some of the unpleasant experiences that can come from playing with a squad. For example, players that force extractions, that slow nova that shows up to the credit farm/ affinity farm, that Nekros that loves using shadows, those players that suddenly extract in defense with 1 second left. I'm sure there are more, and I'm sure some of my examples are dumb, but the original point is that I don't like how long it takes to fight a meaningful amount of enemies, and I don't always want to play with other people.

In conclusion, I think we should be able to opt in for full spawns as a solo player, what do you guys think? Feel free to call me a stupid idiot, but at least give me a little feedback.

31 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

How would you guys feel if we could tell the game to spawn enemies as if the solo player was a full squad?

Let's take it a step further and let us spawn enemies for a full squad x2 or even x4.  Sometimes even in a full squad I feel like there aren't enough enemies to fight for everyone.

But yes, the solo thing too.

30 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

I've been campaigning for this for quite a while now. Solo player spawns are just ludicrously low.

& don't get me started on how the spawns affect Excavation. (Solo/Invite only method aside) 

20 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Let's take it a step further and let us spawn enemies for a full squad x2 or even x4.  Sometimes even in a full squad I feel like there aren't enough enemies to fight for everyone.

But yes, the solo thing too.

This.

3 minutes ago, Eggplants said:

& don't get me started on how the spawns affect Excavation. (Solo/Invite only method aside) 

Yeah, let's not talk about the fact that during the Ambulas event i tried to solo an Excavation for highscore and i got out in frustration after the last excavator took me 10 minutes to finish.

speaking more broadly, this game performs the best when you have a metric fuckton of enemies all around you. I'd personally just crank up the spawns all around by a factor of 3 or 4 and be done with it.

Edited by Autongnosis

Game is at its best when mob density is high and we're overpowered enough to deal with it.

Thing is theres a crowd that cry nerf this and that because of items that have the potential to clear high densities.

You always have to take into consideration the impact on allot of weaker stuff. Ever tried bringing a low-mid rank torid to a solo defence mission before? What about a Flux or Snyapse. They are'nt even able to keep up with current low spawns. Which is why i would urge DE to go towards density as a choice before the mission.

This would be great, we're super powerful ninja's, we need the numbers to show it on solo, please give us the choice DE.   Just something like a simple difficulty toggle would be cool with a tooltip that says, 2* numbers, 4* etc.