Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

Players: Where the heck is endgame?

DE: How do we conceal microtransaction in endgame before we actually work on it?

:crylaugh: 

Definitive endgame is reserved for balanced and polished gameplay, currently Warframe is plagued with issues, balance, powercreep, redundancy, variety of playstyles, difficulty, skill gap/cap, dynamics, consistency of mechanics, player/player interaction, player/enemy interaction, engaging model, combat doctrine, cheese and trivializer.

Adding definitive endgame at the current situation is suicidal because those issues that hit mostly upper portion of number chasers and minmaxers will be exposed to other portion as well or even shove them down to their throats. It's like asking SaintRowIV to be DOTA. 

Endgame is not a cheap sticker that can be stuck anywhere without passion, is it?

Edited by Volinus7

6 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Definitive endgame is reserved for balanced and polished gameplay, currently Warframe is plagued with issues, balance, powercreep, redundancy, variety of playstyles, difficulty, skill gap/cap, dynamics, consistency of mechanics, player/player interaction, player/enemy interaction, engaging model, combat doctrine, cheese and trivializer. Adding definitive endgame at the current situation is suicidal because those issues that hit mostly upper portion of number chasers and minmaxers will be exposed to other portion as well or even shove them down to their throats. 

Just meet endless missions with scaling kuva\ducat rewards and this game will be fine for a while. That's the easiest way to do it asap.
 This could be done through endless fissures' rewards tweaks or high-level mission randomizer. You don't really need to bother with balance and new content to create an endgame right now. Both required elements are already in the game.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

23 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Just meet endless missions with scaling kuva\ducat rewards and this game will be fine for a while. That's the easiest way to do it asap.
 This could be done through endless fissures' rewards tweaks or high-level mission randomizer. You don't really need to bother with balance and new content to create an endgame right now. Both required elements are already in the game.

IMO make the course better for a horse to run is more meaningful than adding more carrots.

Just now, Volinus7 said:

IMO make the course better for a horse to run is more meaningful than adding more carrots.

The horse ain't gonna run without the carrots. No matter what the course looks like. And one shouldn't exclude the other anyway. I'm just saying what could be done right now. Immedeately. Without too much reworking. It's more important to get something done for now and work on improving that. Cause right now we literally have nothing.

18 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

The horse ain't gonna run without the carrots. No matter what the course looks like. And one shouldn't exclude the other anyway. I'm just saying what could be done right now. Immedeately. Without too much reworking. It's more important to get something done for now and work on improving that. Cause right now we literally have nothing.

When horses are in the middle of a race, they're likely viewing it as being part of a herd of horses in motion and it's in their natural instinct to run, whether it's on a racetrack or just when they're let out into pasture. F the carrot. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Horses run because they like to run, not because of a carrot. 

Horses don't run any courses for fun. When horses run for fun, they run away and outside any courses. That's why it's just not a very good comparison. Horses would never willingly jump over obstacles or perform tricks without sticks or carrots. Truth is, animals in general never do anything for nothing. Only humans come up with random fake motivations to do things they don't enjoy.

Just now, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Horses don't run any courses for fun. When horses run for fun, they run away and outside any courses. That's why it's just not a very good comparison. Horses would never willingly jump over obstacles or perform tricks without sticks or carrots. Truth is, animals in general never do anything for nothing. Only humans come up with random fake motivations to do things they don't enjoy.

When horses are in the middle of a race, they're likely viewing it as being part of a herd of horses in motion and it's in their natural instinct to run, whether it's on a racetrack or just when they're let out into pasture. 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

When horses are in the middle of a race, they're likely viewing it as being part of a herd of horses in motion and it's in their natural instinct to run, whether it's on a racetrack or just when they're let out into pasture. F the carrot. 

In the middle of a race they are being hit by some dude with a whip - same as at the beginning of a race or at its end. It's a very bad example.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

When horses are in the middle of a race, they're likely viewing it as being part of a herd of horses in motion and it's in their natural instinct to run, whether it's on a racetrack or just when they're let out into pasture. 

FFS i was only 5 seconds behind(from copy pasting that ) =/RIP XD

Edited by ShadowStalker

56 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I'll stop now. This overflowing optimism just isn't for me. People rush to protect things they love and abandon critical thinking in the process. Even though it's doing more harm than good. If your momma tells you that you're handsome, it doesn't mean you're objectively are. "Positive" part of warframe community is just like that. They are willing to ignore negatives and take other people's opinions as personal insult while cutting devs too much slack for their own good. It's never gonna end well.

What? Just because someone is optimistic they can't be critical? How...  pessimistic of you. Just because someone is optimistic about something it does not mean that they don't see faults, it only means they are optimistic that things can get better. Just because someone makes a complaint it doesn't make them salty, and just because someone gives praise it does not mean they are ignorant. 

I am optimistic the game will get better. Do I believe DE had the balls to some things? Ehh, I'll believe it when I see it. But just because I have some doubts it doesn't mean I have to be a sour puss. 

And did this thread just fully derail to metaphorically talking about horses? 

Edited by DrBorris

2 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

In the middle of a race they are being hit by some dude with a whip - same as at the beginning of a race or at its end. It's a very bad example.

The native americans hit them with whips?! Err um do tell...horses run in herds, it's instinctive and yes fun.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

The native americans hit them with whips?! Err um do tell...

There were no horses in Americas before colonists brought them, as far as I remember. Also we're derailing the thread with horses. Lets stop.

8 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

And did this thread just fully derail to metaphorically talking about horses? 

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

On 6/9/2017 at 7:53 AM, JSharpie said:

Subjective title aside, it's time I finally faced the facts. This game, from the start to the end, is the same thing. Shoot, run to extract, shoot, run to extract. There is little variation on anything. Even playing different frames feels the same. Whenever a new or interesting mechanic comes out, it's either a gimmick (Operators), worthless (2/5 focus schools), or non-functional/troll heavy (Limbo, and I really like Limbo). This isn't a slight at the devs, I couldn't have done better and I think they're doing their best. Lets face it though, even attempts at reworks just end up being more of the same. Archwing was the last totally new thing we got and it was awesome, the possibilities were awesome! Supposedly they're working on it, but it flopped. Majorly.

So there lies the crux of the problem. This game is boring. At least for me. I don't think I'm the only one, but if I am, woops. I mean where is the variation in gameplay? Even new powers are functionally the same. Generally there are 5 categories. CC, Buffs, Damage, Utility, and Mobility. That's what our powers generally do. And they're effective, sure, but are they fun? Maybe for the first couple of months of gameplay, but after that? I mean a lot of us have been at this for 2, 3, 4 years! All we do is shoot, or spam E to melee. I mean a lot could be accomplished if just the Melee system was fleshed out, or if the FoV was able to be altered just a bit more! But instead we have grossly powerful weapons where we hit one button and everything dies until the level gets so high we just can't possibly do it anymore. That's not good game design, at least not in my opinion. We need fixed level design. Let me play on beautiful earth with level 100 enemies. Balance our mods and weapons around that. Set a level cap, and balance around it. It'll be hard work, but it'll pay off. Vary  you're enemies. Make parrying do something. Let me open up a melee only enemy for finishers by parrying at the right time. Oh wait, did you guys know we can already do that? It's never apparent, and there is almost no purpose to it. So give us purpose to our mechanics. Make charge attacks work, make channeling worthwhile, make deflection viable, allow varied gameplay instead of this tired meta.

DE, I know you're trying hard, but as a long time fan of the game there are some glaring problems that need to be fixed. I've been ignoring them for awhile assuming better things were on the horizon, but it's important to point this out now. The direction the game is, the direction I think it's going, it isn't fun. Not for me, and I'm willing to bet not for others. 

Take Black Desert Online. I've been playing that game for awhile. That game is more of a grind than this is. It's awful, yet I love that game to bits. The gameplay is fun. Combos are flashy, taming horses is fun, farming, fishing, crafting, it's all there and all interesting. What's stopping Warframe from adding something new? Something varied? Something to do that isn't just a new tool to do the same thing?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and it works out. I hope it's just me that has found this game to be boring. 

Lmao. You lost all credibility when you praised black desert.

10 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

There are people who have been believeing this for four years.

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Do you know what this game looked like 4 years ago? Really bad analogy there. To put that in perspective, It will take them 8 years to develop the next elder scrolls and it will still have problems.

8 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

There are people who have been believeing this for four years.

Are you saying the game hasn't gotten better? Come on now, I agree the game is not perfect and sometimes the steps are painfully small but the game is most certainly better for every update.