Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hidden mission timer is dishonest, Kuva Fortress Exterminate

(PSN)SamDiAGO

Why would you put a hidden timer on the Kuva Fortress exterminate mission when I have to look for the areas that have the grineer caches? Why have a timer at all let alone a hidden timer that pops up saying "MISSION FAILURE IMMENENT COMPLETE OBJECTIVES IMMEDIATELY" and then only give me 59 seconds to get to extraction when that is purposely NOT enough time to get to extraction and claim the two grineer chaches that I did find. Now I have a mission failure and no rewards after spending good amount of time exploring the kuva fortress. Why even have a hidden timer and why is there purposely not enough time to get to the extraction when the hidden timer declares I must get to extraction? Have you people ever had to back track in a mission to find a hidden chache? I know I have. This is the worst, petty, and dishonest game mechanic I have ever seen in any game. Why is there a hidden timer on a misson that requires you to explore and back-track to find hidden chaches? Why can't we see the timer to begin with? Why is the hidden timer purposely not enough time to make extraction? Why have I been told to report this on this forum where it can be ignored when I have dishonestly been deprived of the reward for my time put in? 

No , you did not properly read what I have written. I said there is a hidden timer AND THEN there is a 59 second timer to get to extraction EVEN IF I have completed the mission objective. Expecting someone who has back-tracked in the kuva fortress to make it to extraction in 59 seconds is one helluva request. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Isn't the timer 15 minutes without killing a single enemy?
That's one hell of a back-track you got going on here if that's the case.

what's worse is that Exterminates spawn enemies even after the objective is completed now... OP... while I agree the time being hidden is lame, at the same time -wth are you doing?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SamDiAGO said:

No , you did not properly read what I have written. I said there is a hidden timer AND THEN there is a 59 second timer to get to extraction EVEN IF I have completed the mission objective. Expecting someone who has back-tracked in the kuva fortress to make it to extraction in 59 seconds is one helluva request. 

No I've read, I understand that 60 seconds to reach the extraction from start to finish isn't relatively possible.
However the hidden timer IS 15 minutes without killing a single enemy.

That's way more than enough to reach the beginning and even redo the map 3 or four time in a row, and that's without counting the enemies that spawn even if the mission is completed.
Short version of it is : I understand the frustration, but how in god's name did you manage to not kill a single enemy in 15 minutes even if you did back-track.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

What am I doing looking for caches and not finding one in fifteen minutes? I have killed all the enemies and completed my objective, why should the hidden 15 minute timer even be in effect if I have completed my objectives? Why don't you read what I wrote instead of what "guy with 1,240 posts" wrote. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)SamDiAGO said:

What am I doing looking for caches and not finding one in fifteen minutes? I have killed all the enemies and completed my objective, why should the hidden 15 minute timer even be in effect if I have completed my objectives? Why don't you read what I wrote instead of what "guy with 1,240 posts" wrote. 

How can you "kill all the enemies" - the exterminates spawn enemies even after objectives now... kill some of them, the end.  I did read what you wrote - when I asked wth are you're doing it was rhetorical in a sense - I was asking why you weren't killing some of the infinitely spawning enemies.  You accused him of not reading as well.  Funny stuff there.  

3 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Short version of it is : I understand the frustration, but how in god's name did you manage to not kill a single enemy in 15 minutes even if you did back-track.

Exactly what I tried to say in my first post - but OP is suffering from some sort of sodium poisoning, the salt is unreal.  

There was nothing to kill what so ever, I killed them all. There was nothing respawning. This is exactly why I did not want to come here to report this. I would be greeted by fanboys trying to tell me I am not playing the game the right way instead of asking me questions. I did not know about a fifteen minutes timer because there isn't one that shows up on the screen. This is a bug reporting forum , not a "gang up on the new poster forum so DE thinks there isn't a bug" .

Nobody was trying to gang up on you.  We both expressed that we understand your frustration.   We were just wondering why you weren't killing enemies because there should always be some around - I did ask it - but now you're saying we aren't asking questions, accusing people of not reading and whatever else.  You're the one with the bad attitude here buddy.

There is a reason I called you salty, and this exactly why.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

6 minutes ago, (PS4)SamDiAGO said:

I already told you there was nothing to kill. You expect me to know the exact rules of a hidden timer that the game purposely hides from me. How am I supposed to know that?

I didn't even know about - so no, I didn't expect you to either - and I never stated I expected you to.  Why are you so angry at us?  You know the more we reply, the more chances DE will look at this anyway right?  Instead of trying to make us your enemies and get mad - chill out for a second.  

It is pretty abnormal to not kill anything for 15 min, I have to take your word nothing was there - but don't rage on us for trying to figure out what's going on.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

10 minutes ago, (PS4)SamDiAGO said:

Again I ask, how am I supposed to know the details of a hidden timer that the game purposely hides from me? 

That timer is there to prevent people from AFK, under normal circumstances it is unlikely that a player doesnt kill anything withtin 15 minutes. Besides in exterminates the game spawns around 20~% exstra enemies than the required target, so you can always complete the objective. 

Given that, its not really required from the game to tell you about with that veiwpoint.

Edited by Aeon66

Just now, (PS4)SamDiAGO said:

Again I ask, how am I supposed to know the details of a hidden timer that the game purposely hides from me? 

And apparently someone needs to hold your hand and explain the simple concept of, "you find out on your own or get told".

You go into anything(i.e. a game or better yet life) blind. Something happens once that you either did or did not expect. Now you know that exists.

Or,

You get told by a samaritan or someone who is just bored and has got nothing else to do. You yourself ask for any restriction or possible repercussions(usually hidden like this) so you can know.

You should really stop with the attitude. You asked a question to something you now know by the simple act of experiencing it. There is nothing to do about it even in a forum setting. So this is in essence a complaint thread. You keep making it out that no one is listening to what you have written when you need to read what they have wrote. They are offering you advice now that you know of the timer yet complain that they are not understanding that you don't know how to handle a simple game mechanic once.

I am not chill because this isn't the first time I have been ripped off by the hidden timer , let alone, this game. I do not like game forums specifically because the "1st responders" always try to turn my post into "you are not doing it right post" instead of the original objective of my post. I have been through this whole process before. The process is the following: 1. Get passed on/ignored by tech support 2. Resort to the game's online forums in the hopes of bringing attention to the problem of the game 3. Facing ridicule by people who overlook all the faults with the game unreasonably. 4.The process still has the same result, being ignored when I have a valid argument.

Thanks to all who actually responded constructively, for letting me know the parameters of the hidden timer. I will take note of that next time I feel like playing this game again which hopefully will be tomorrow but I can't be sure. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)SamDiAGO said:

As many said, it's one of those situation that you understand after you experience it.

Having a permanent 15 minutes timer on the screen that refreshes every 2 seconds is simply distracting for the eyes.
You still wouldn't know the meaning of it, only that it's there and fails you when it reaches 0. It's unneeded visual information.

Edit : It's also to be noted that this isn't a bug. It's a feature that works as intended.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

The patch notes in Update 18.5: Sands of Inaros state that the timer is (supposed to be) cancelled when the Exterminate Objective has been completed.

Exterminate Missions now require a players to earn a kill every 15 minutes.  A 20 second warning will be given before the end of the 15 minute period, at which point players that have not killed an enemy will automatically fail the Mission.  *Please note: This timer is cancelled when an Exterminate Objective has been completed, allowing players to roam a level for as long as they like!

I've also seen reports of the timer showing up in non-exterminate missions too (e.g. Kela De Thaym Assassination and Lua Spy).

It could do with being checked/reviewed by DE.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Edit : It's also to be noted that this isn't a bug. It's a feature that works as intended.

As far as I'm aware the timer is supposed to stop once the required number of kills has been reached so that would actually be a bug.  That doesn't excuse the OP's borderline dev-bashing though. 

I'd recommend a calm and well thought out post in the bugs forum instead of feedback, detailing exactly how to reproduce the bug and without any accusations of dishonesty, pettiness or ripping off of players.  Constructive feedback gets contructive responses.

because you're required to Kill an Enemy only once every 15 Minutes, and only then a one Minute timer being triggered if you don't - idunno it's hard to find much to complain about. 15 minutes is a hell of a long time.

idunno about previous functionality being what's expected - the Timer being disabled was also during a time when Exterminate functioned differently. since you have... lots of Enemies now, i would not be surprised at all if that aspect was removed because of Enemies continuing to exist.

Really not sure what's with everyone having a dig at the OP. It seems via a few posts above that this should not have happened. A 20 second notification is not exactly abundant time depending on where the player is, either. It's poor design, and apparently not even supposed to be functioning that way once the objective has been met.

It may be a bug in this case, although it is easily avoidable if you know about it in advance. 

But in fairness to the OP, you really CANNOT know about it in advance. There is nothing in game that tells you about the exterminate timer, and someone getting lost looking for caches and thinking the objective is done and they have nothing to worry about, may get caught up by it easily. 

Look, the OP may be exaggerating when he says no enemies, but keep in mind that he completed the objective. While it doesn't always seem to work that way, from what I understand, the enemies are supposed to be more cowardly and spawn less frequently after you finish, since you broke their ranks. So if the OP was backtracking alot, there might not have been any enemies very near to him, even if they were on the map somewhere far away. I think this is the likely case here. 

He thought he was done, and was taking his time searching, something that he should be able to do. Yes, even in the event it was a bug there would be a way to prevent the timer if you know about it, but again, how could he have known about it in advance?

I am surprised at some of the people who seemed to suggest that he could have just kept killing, as if it was his fault? Yes, we all know how the timer works, but think of it from the perspective of an average player, who has nothing in game to tell him that. 

The game told him the objective was done and the enemies were dead, and the timer counting down that he hadn't killed anything was invisible. The Lotus tells him he can continue to search for caches if he's okay with the added risk, and encourages him to do so. He does so and he loses the whole mission. He's salty for good reason, and the whole exterminate timer is something that needs to be carefully looked at. 

He was doing exactly what the game was telling him he should do, and got penalized for it, and he had no idea that timer was even ticking down, that is completely unfair. 

And let's face it, can you imagine how salty you would be? Doing exactly what the game wants you to do, complete the main objective and then if you choose, finish the auxiliary objective as well. And then as you are searching around, you get told you have 60 seconds to make it to the ending, or you lose a lot of hard work, making your way through killing and carefully searching everywhere -- it's a big tileset. You panic. Adrenaline kicking in, trying to parkour as fast as you can to the exit... but alas, there is simply no way in hell that you can possibly make it, and you feel your stomach sink and a bitter taste in your mouth, as your adrenaline fades and you realize the game just screwed you out of all your time, because of a faulty timer mechanic that doesn't even tell you what's going on. 

This is actually one of the biggest problems with Warframe: Far too many things are not actually mentioned in game, and you have to go to wiki or ask on forums. That should never be the case for a game, that is just plain poor design. You should not need to "learn on your own" or "get told" as someone said above, the game itself should tell you. Simple as that. No ifs, ands or buts. Period. 

Edited by Tesseract7777