The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #94 Overview

AM-Bunny

5 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Faster than the speed of light, as always

5 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Do you use some sort of time travel to post your overviews ?

Well if he's travelling faster than the speed of light, then yes, he is in fact travelling back in time ;)

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah most boring devstream I've ever watched

I'm actually pretty shocked that nothing was released this week(where teh Harrow at!?) given that last week's devstream was postponed. Normally that's a buildup to a big release. Oh well. See yaz in a month!

27 minutes ago, Vulpei said:

Anyone else find it kind of funny they introduce shield gating to help squishier frames not get one-shot, and then introduce a new unit that completely bypasses shields.

Meh, those dang Mutalist Osprey already bypass shield, and most Grineer seems to have a fetish for Slash proc (I swear it happens a lot when I'm fighting Grineer), so it's not much of an addition.

I can't wait for harrow but I think harrow should be more like Fray Tormenta, he was a Mexican priest but also a famous luchadoer. 

That being said and energy giving brawler would be nice and a great pairing with Oberon. 

I would also like to say that hydroid, zepher, and atlas need a rework but more of an idea shift in kit before we have another prime come. 

Hydroid Hideous and zepher I don't too much care about but it would be nice for atlas to have some kind of armor like inaros seeing as he's sand much more tanker then atlas and get rid of madusa stare for something more like a shifting ability or a way to dodge enemies.

Also boxers are known for there dig, being able to dish out and put up with a lot of trauma and or being beat to a pulp and still getting up for more. I honestly feel as if defy was atlas before DE was bought by the Chinese company that owns them now. Because that and the fact is they were bought and then atlas came out with a broken kit.

Going back on YouTube and watching the devstream on atlas they seam upset with atlas although hiding it for most who don't ready body language. Any way my two since.. 

On 17/06/2017 at 3:32 AM, DarthMelchom said:

That video at the end.. It is hinting at something... Red Veil.. Since they always talk about sacrifice..

I would say the video is a teaser for umbra and the focus 2.0 system. Since umbra has been a hype for a long time now and DE did confirm that the next cinematic quest is to be about Umbra it would make sense for Umbra to be the big reveal at Tennocon. Also the day shifting to night would in my opinion be related to the sun and moon alignment that you see in your profile which until now hasn't had any specific function that affects our frames. The sacrifice bit could be related to the umbra quest as well regarding the true nature of warframes that may require some sort of sacrifice to be created or something to that effect but that's purely just my opinion.

On 17/06/2017 at 10:21 AM, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Because Frost came with Ember so it makes sense that it's Rhino and Mag

Do you think Targris prime will come back with Mag prime? Or another prime armor like Edo prime or has DE just stopped releasing vaulted prime accessories even though they said they will unvault them again

They're going to reveal that natah bodysnatched margulis.  

Or more specifically that natah sacrificed her sentient form to reanimated or save margulis who didn't actually die, and show us her hideout which is some orokin sanctuary on earth. 

Edited by PookieNumnums
Miracles. Water. Sacrifice. Sounds like baptism and rebirth

52 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

They're going to reveal that natah bodysnatched margulis.  

Or more specifically that natah sacrificed her sentient form to reanimated or save margulis who didn't actually die, and show us her hideout which is some orokin sanctuary on earth. 

Sounds like it could work, but it seemed Orokin executions involved disintegration or at least something that leaves only a pile of gore and the stench of burned meat. Though it makes perfect sense to me the Natah used Margulis's look. Harrow represents sacrifice as part of his theme. An important take-away is that Ballas believes that miracles come with sacrifice which sorta undermines the miracle part. Seems more a ritual type deal that he is going for.

6 hours ago, Urlan said:

Sounds like it could work, but it seemed Orokin executions involved disintegration or at least something that leaves only a pile of gore and the stench of burned meat. Though it makes perfect sense to me the Natah used Margulis's look. Harrow represents sacrifice as part of his theme. An important take-away is that Ballas believes that miracles come with sacrifice which sorta undermines the miracle part. Seems more a ritual type deal that he is going for.

Natahs lines are ready by the lotus. When i realized that, i had the idea. Also, we know how the grineer love cloning, and the orokin queens controlled the grineer so its possible that they had a bunch o' natahs in toobs. regor style. 

in terms of sacrifice, someone recently told me that in the anime full metal alchemist there are certain levels of magic that require sacrifice. and, in terms of more traditional occultism, i think the same applies. to layer a little on top of that, the whole 3 fold karmic retribution deal. 

i really have no idea what is planned or what is lore; neither probable, possible, or even plausible. its just some things that pass through my wittle brain from time to time. 

:D

sidenote: i bet burned margulis smelled like bacon

5 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Natahs lines are ready by the lotus. When i realized that, i had the idea. Also, we know how the grineer love cloning, and the orokin queens controlled the grineer so its possible that they had a bunch o' natahs in toobs. regor style. 

in terms of sacrifice, someone recently told me that in the anime full metal alchemist there are certain levels of magic that require sacrifice. and, in terms of more traditional occultism, i think the same applies. to layer a little on top of that, the whole 3 fold karmic retribution deal. 

i really have no idea what is planned or what is lore; neither probable, possible, or even plausible. its just some things that pass through my wittle brain from time to time. 

:D

sidenote: i bet burned margulis smelled like bacon

Sure, ritual magic. I think Full Metal Alchemist operates on ritual magic that to get something, you have to pay in like. A Philosopher Stone type deal in their setting requiring massive death-tolls will the souls involved harvested and fed to the gate of infinity. A miracle though is like a super hero or deity saving your life, giving you food, or generally helping you unbidden - you couldn't fix the problem and didn't try to bargain but the aid comes without strings or payment offered. Rituals or contracts require a payment, think a Faustian deal; obtaining and opening a Cenobite puzzle box; or burning goats to make sure your deity remembers you in a good light. All stuff you are offering to something greater for power or solutions you don't feel are within your own abilities.

I think its some good ideas there, and its a good thought into Lotus' reasoning or how she really infiltrated Orokin Society. On the Margulis Bacon; dark, but you are probably correct. I have heard soldiers that have seen flame throwers in use describe a mix between your stomach getting upset and bacon so that makes sense.

18 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Sure, ritual magic. I think Full Metal Alchemist operates on ritual magic that to get something, you have to pay in like. A Philosopher Stone type deal in their setting requiring massive death-tolls will the souls involved harvested and fed to the gate of infinity. A miracle though is like a super hero or deity saving your life, giving you food, or generally helping you unbidden - you couldn't fix the problem and didn't try to bargain but the aid comes without strings or payment offered. Rituals or contracts require a payment, think a Faustian deal; obtaining and opening a Cenobite puzzle box; or burning goats to make sure your deity remembers you in a good light. All stuff you are offering to something greater for power or solutions you don't feel are within your own abilities.

I think its some good ideas there, and its a good thought into Lotus' reasoning or how she really infiltrated Orokin Society. On the Margulis Bacon; dark, but you are probably correct. I have heard soldiers that have seen flame throwers in use describe a mix between your stomach getting upset and bacon so that makes sense.

So would that make her an .... 

"ArchiMEATYan"