Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lato and Braton Vandal returning!

FashionFrame

Very happy with the return of Lato and Braton Vandal SOON™! Though looking back at the many discussions, players really thought it wouldn't return. What are everyone's thoughts on DE going through with this? Some are just happy to get that mastery experience, while others want more variations to the classic weapons. Some are excited for the return of the closed-beta weapons, and some are displeased that they should just stay unobtainable just like the founder's packs. What does everyone think?

If they could give Braton Vandal its original sound back, i would be very happy. Other than that im happy to see those two again (just need a skana vandal now, to replace prisma skana).

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Aeon66 said:

If they could give Braton Vandal its original sound back, i would be very happy. Other than that im happy to see those two again (just need a skana vandal now, to replace prisma skana).

Hide contents

I definitely miss that sound for sure! 

Hey, technically, even Excal/Lato and Skana Prime could return, if a majority of founders are okay with it(Steve's words). I never really doubted that those Vandal items would come back, since they're uniquely statted gear, regardless of how good or bad it is. That's why I still fully expect Primed Chamber to be released when snipers have an actual useful niche in normal gameplay. Right now it being exclusive is forgivable due to the state of sniper gameplay in the game, so I ain't mad.

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Hey, technically, even Excal/Lato and Skana Prime could return, if a majority of founders are okay with it(Steve's words). I never really doubted that those Vandal items would come back, since they're uniquely statted gear, regardless of how good or bad it is. That's why I still fully expect Primed Chamber to be released when snipers have an actual useful niche in normal gameplay. Right now it being exclusive is forgivable due to the state of sniper gameplay in the game, so I ain't mad.

The lack of salt in this post is so beaitiful I could cry. I'm not even joking.

For the Vandal version of Braton and Lato, I'm happy! I don't know if they need a small buff to make them acceptable with modern standars, they buffed Sicarus Prime and made it nice after all. I can't wait!

I don't have them myself however I still see no reason for them to return, everyone will use them on the day of release and then no one will use them the next day, even those who were like ''HOLY S#&$ NEED THIS RIGHT NOW'' will never use it again after it's 30 which to me seems like it's pointless to even re release them

As an owner of both Lato and Braton Vandal I say good on DE for bringing these cool looking weapons back! My only wish from when I started was to have invested as a Founder. I sincerely enjoy this game and love to see other players as engaged and excited about it as I am.

1 hour ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Considering they're the only weapons I miss in the game, I can't wait! 

Damn, awesome!!

1 hour ago, ViS4GE said:

Meanwhile I still don't have normal Snipetron.

It'll come back eventually! Has once already!

28 minutes ago, HorridaMessor said:

I honestly curious how many butthurt people would want these back if both reintroduced weapons WONT award mastery points. 

Never heard of a weapon that doesn't give mastery though XD

9 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Never heard of a weapon that doesn't give mastery though XD

Considering how many whine posts were made becuse people can't get mastery points from Lato and Braton Vandal - them returning but with a twist of NOT rewarding mastery would be hillarious

I think the idea of mastery rank was not something DE would ever imagine to be so important to the players.
Myself included, i never and still don't think much about my closed beta rewards, but i acknowledge that AT LEAST, something should be given to anyone who participated. 

We should definitely celebrate the players who helped during closed beta, but without compromising mastery rank or "extra power". An syandana, sigil, maybe armor or knows all of above, would be much appreciated. 
The very thought of old closed beta players still playing is extremely positive, because it shows how much the community loves the game and its developers.