The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch Prime Promotion

Ok OP you just admitted that you had someone else activate your account in another country because its not supported in yours? That in itself might violate TOS, and if thats the case not getting your prime stuff might be the least of your worries. That and what your doing seems sketchy.

Edited by Knight_Ex

1 hour ago, Sandyakala said:

why did the same does not happen to me ?  I mean, I need to click "enable twitch prime" below the "You're signing up for the worldwide plan". And then wait the "You got it boss, let's do this" thingy  :(

Me too my friend, my fix was to make a non premium amazon account then get the 7 days trial (not 30 but the 7) made a worldwide account REAL credit card and address and it worked. 

11 hours ago, Sandyakala said:

Anyone here that successfully got twitch prime free trial enabled via amazon prime video ? (not amazon prime)

I am not from the US or European countries that are listed so it says to get the twitch prime free trial, i need to have an amazon prime video account (which is global)

I already signed up for the Prime Video trial and everything seems fine (like the part where twitch says "Your Prime Video membership is active, enable Twitch Prime at no additional cost" and all that) until i tried to enable the Twitch prime. It says the "Oh no! We can't enable Twitch Prime on your account"

Can anybody help me ? :(

Me too my friend, my fix was to make a non premium amazon account then get the 7 days trial (not 30 but the 7) made a worldwide account REAL credit card and address and it worked. 

41 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Ok OP you just admitted that you had someone else activate your account in another country because its not supported in yours? That in itself might violate TOS, and if thats the case not getting your prime stuff might be the least of your worries. That and what your doing seems sketchy.

It's a little unfair though that entire countries are locked out of these items. You know that tactical potato admitted he used a VPN to get around this? I asked my cousin in America if I could borrow her twitch prime account. And alot of other people are doing similar things. It's just very unfair that twitch prime doesn't just expand. It really isn't that hard. 

19 hours ago, Wrathinside said:

Not free at all. It requires a valid credit card to verify a free trial, and this makes it not free at all. When I'm paying for plat in Steam, I know where I post my CC. When I post it to some god forsaken USA service to enable another service to link it with some stuff, who knows what it will charge me.

A bad syandana, you can get better, a half-useless prime, whose sole purpose is to press "3" and 20 plat worth of warframe slot.. I think I'll pass. And so will my friends, even though the definitely could use this stuff to start in Warfarm. But it's not a good deal. It might be safer to just farm for Master Fodder Prime.

This is one of the saltiest post I've ever read on this board. Wow. 

It was free to me because I already had Amazon prime. So this is just an extra

Edited by Hypernaut1

I have been trying to activate Twitch prime on my account, but it just keeps giving me this page.

Spoiler

Does anyone know if you can even use Twitch Prime in The Netherlands? If not, how are we dutchies supposed to get the Frost prime, Dragon mod pack, and Prime syandana?

Now do i have to move to USA to get the free Prime bundle or what?... DE need to do something about this

Either DE is scamming us, or Twitch scamming DE. 

Signing up a contract with Twitch Prime was a mistake, if this doesnt get solved I'm gonna quit for a good amount of months.

Its not a DE thing and DE can't do anything about it.
Its a twitch thing.

And there are a number of countries where its valid, not just the US or Canada.

And I'm pretty sure that Twitch has a list of valid countries so you should have checked that first.

Whenever anything international happens make sure that that its valid in the country that you live in.

Not anyone's fault but yours for not double checking.

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

It's a little unfair though that entire countries are locked out of these items. You know that tactical potato admitted he used a VPN to get around this? I asked my cousin in America if I could borrow her twitch prime account. And alot of other people are doing similar things. It's just very unfair that twitch prime doesn't just expand. It really isn't that hard. 

Prime Video is in quite a few countries, you can use that to get Twitch prime.

You should not blame a Game Studio that has leash to other business. 

If you didn't know Twitch is sort of tie to Mister Big. And that mean their reach has increase to the size of Big Boy.

Ultimately, at this rate, a real Corporation know that Quantity is being favored over Quality.

You guessed, and RIP you didn't get Frost Prime through this opportunity :|.

10 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Its not a DE thing and DE can't do anything about it.
Its a twitch thing.

And there are a number of countries where its valid, not just the US or Canada.

And I'm pretty sure that Twitch has a list of valid countries so you should have checked that first.

Whenever anything international happens make sure that that its valid in the country that you live in.

Not anyone's fault but yours for not double checking.

Are you saying that is fair that my friend can have his free bundle and i cannot just because Twitch is broken for some people.

DE initiated this, it's their problem whatsoever. 

Double checking what? I did read the hole script and there was no "If you're from this country you cannot obtain the bundle" But sadly, i didn't saw this anywhere written.

What country you live in It might not even be the cause of getting the god damn error everytime i try to enable twitch prime, it might be their S#&$ system.

Some of my friends have the same issue but most of them haven't any card to do the process so they are probably will miss the frost prime stuff.

Maybe if DE unvault frost again or just make it temporary available in short time durations like 2-3 monthly 1-2 alert / event to farm him. 

1 hour ago, xKlay said:

Now do i have to move to USA to get the free Prime bundle or what?... DE need to do something about this

Either DE is scamming us, or Twitch scamming DE. 

Signing up a contract with Twitch Prime was a mistake, if this doesnt get solved I'm gonna quit for a good amount of months.

I've heard some people from restricted countries have had luck by using some kind of international credit card. I'm not sure who to ask as to how to go about doing such a thing, but I know some people have found ways to get around this issue... that are from the wrong countries. 

Depending on whether you have such a thing, or how easy it would be to get, maybe be worth looking into such a thing. But DE... this isn't so much DE. Just like with their big prime giveaway, people blamed DE, but a lot of countries have strict prize laws that make compliance even for rich companies all but impossible. Some countries were simply never going to be realistically included. 

As for the old chestnut of "DE shouldn't do giveaways if some people cannot do them because of international laws/restrictions, it just upsets people, etc", sorry but if we go by that line of thinking, you know what would really happen? DE just would not do giveaways. And nor would any major company because it would be too much hassle. 

If you give them the ultimatum of "don't do them at all" or "only do them if everyone can participate" they will go with option A every single time. And the reason why is because the logistics of trying to meet all the damned laws required around the world to make every single country eligible for any promotion or freebie you give, is a legal nightmare that the best pack of well paid lawyers would probably want to commit suicide over trying to pull off. Navigating international law is a huge headache and half... for what? So a few more people can get free stuff that they gave DE no money for? I think you can see why DE cannot be expected to make sure their giveaways cater to every single country  every time. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Not, it's not unfair. You just have to document yourself a little bit instead of jumping at everyone's throats. 

You DON'T  need to live in one of those 7 countries in order to take part in this even. All you have to do is start a 7 days trial Prime Video on primevideo.com,  with a valid credit card that doesn't expire in the next month or so. You`ll probably have to wait a little bit until the bank approves your trial. Then go to Twitchprime.com and follow the steps.