Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, Avenwing said:

It's the Skana Prime model, Skana Prime is shorter than regular skana.

ohhh wow i never check how skana prime is different from normal skana, thats preaty cool and that exalt balde handle is from skana prime

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Here it is folks, a new theory.

What if Umbra's are poisoned? What if... Umbra's are Warframes that went insane? What if... the Warframe sacrificed it's sanity for the Operator? (Or, it could simply be, Warframes no longer have any sentience and are empty hearted puppet flesh)

I think Umbra have sentient origin, not orokin.

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

they seem to be orokin derived as ballas is involved

but could have been made utilizing sentient parts 

I hope it don`t involve sentient core... I really hate PoE and don`t want farm Teralyst.

Edited by Darth_Nox

a theory ive been mulling about on umbra origins 

on reviewing teshin and dax info,the cloth of umbra and teshins   layout are in identical placements  by comparing teshin images to umbra excals, i think its likely umbras were created by transferring dax into a umbra frame  to make a frame that was obedient and equal to the prime without using a tenno operator 

though i dont think teshin dies, i rather think another dax consciousness is inside our umbra , something along the following rationalization 

• -orokin are at war with sentient 
  • -tenno are weaponized , but are limited in number [restricted pool of units] 
  • -experiments to create pseudo tenno = to tenno capability or close enough [yields things like stalker and specters] 
  • -dax are forced to obey orokin by a geass like effect 

so from my understanding dax are very skilled warriors , they are the ones who trained us tenno originally, 

probably in a warframe would be equal to the task of combat as us, and orokin had many of them [armies] 

In my mind tactically, it would make sense to create a series of frames using the dax 

orokin force a dax to do a full transference into a [unit] and have an obedient unit and is highly skilled and has experience with combat more so then a tenno 

my thought is they used dax who were either crippled or critically wounded  [thus the heart monitor in sacrifice trailer] 

at least thats my rational 

possibly the stalker series was a prototype or test series of units , unsure 

some  images 

Spoiler

Image result for teshinImage result for teshinImage result for teshinImage result for umbra excaliburImage result for umbra excal

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

on reviewing teshin and dax info,the cloth of umbra and teshins   layout are in identical placements  by comparing teshin images to umbra excals, i think its likely umbras were created by transferring dax into a umbra frame  to make a frame that was obedient and equal to the prime without using a tenno operator 

though i dont think teshin dies, i rather think another dax consciousness is inside our umbra , something along the following rationalization 

• -experiments to create pseudo tenno = to tenno capability or close enough [yields things like stalker and specters] 

so from my understanding dax are very skilled warriors , they are the ones who trained us tenno originally, 

probably in a warframe would be equal to the task of combat as us, and orokin had many of them [armies] 

In my mind tactically, it would make sense to create a series of frames using the dax 

orokin force a dax to do a full transference into a [unit] and have an obedient unit and is highly skilled and has experience with combat more so then a tenno 

my thought is they used dax who were either crippled or critically wounded  [thus the heart monitor in sacrifice trailer] 

some  images 

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for teshinImage result for teshinImage result for teshinImage result for umbra excaliburImage result for umbra excal

I like that theory. I had also guessed that it was the Dax who trained the Tenno, so it's nice to see I'm not the only one. This theory seems very well possible, and I would like to see something like this be the reality. Thank you for your thoughts!

4 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

I like that theory. I had also guessed that it was the Dax who trained the Tenno, so it's nice to see I'm not the only one. This theory seems very well possible, and I would like to see something like this be the reality. Thank you for your thoughts!

glad to share them

though the headless excals in poe ive been hearing about is interesting 

20 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

some  images 

Hide contents

It's all making sense. I like your theory a lot. 

1 hour ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

It's all making sense. I like your theory a lot. 

well given orokins science and resources it seems probable that dax being obedient and skilled warriors would make for a powerful unit inside a warframe

my only thought is if this was done and it created a new series of prime level frames using orokin tech [umbra] , and with a dax in control, unlike us dreamers, they werent restricted in remote control of the frames.

then why arnt there more info on them, or history known in lore.

from there one can rationalize that either this practice was not something made public knowledge even in the history we know

so from that concepts that could have been possible given   past theories and what we know now

•  umbra units were restricted [both in numbers and few people knew of them]
  • they were shadow agents of the orokin  [not made public aware of these units]
  • possibly acted autonomous  and didnt venture into the public eye while doing their missions 
  • acted more like "ninjas" and kept to the shadows of history, while performing their duties [whatever that is]
  • are a newly created series, and the orokin are returning for revenge 
  • possibly their series was made then locked away soon after for being dangerous  

lots of ideas like that come to mind

the design of excal umbra and comparison to shadow stalker has lead me to this rational , as shadow stalker is a "frame like" unit enhanced by sentient power

from what we know of sentient they are actually orokin tech that became self aware, and like sentinels which we sue are derived from them , they could have been made with orokin tech level gear

so if a sentinel can be "prime" so can a sentient  technically speaking

that being the case and if umbras are controlled by dax, [no natural void powers , just military combat]

the orokin could have utilized prime sentient parts in their creation ,then the dax/umbra unit  to be able to combat sentient on equal footing and adapt to damage , and self heal 

if that was the case could explain why the orokin would limit them in both number and public knowledge ..

but thats just a speculation 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

that being the case and if umbras are controlled by dax, [no natural void powers , just military combat]

the orokin could have utilized prime sentient parts in their creation ,then the dax/umbra unit  to be able to combat sentient on equal footing and adapt to damage , and self heal 

if that was the case could explain why the orokin would limit them in both number and public knowledge ..

but thats just a speculation 

"that dax being obedient and skilled warriors would make for a powerful unit inside a warframe"

Would also mean would make for an antagonist with more motivation and depth like the Stalker.

And this pretty much might be the unique mechanic for Umbra's, Sentient powers (maybe weaker void powers in return?)

The Dax were honour bound, they weren't "dark" but their loyalty extended to their ears and swords. So would happen if we had a more dark and twisted Dax? Through transferance. Perhaps to recreate the Tenno experience and the Dax do not have the inability to disobey.

This would also explain the frames being a "darker" versions of the Warframes and not necessarily "evil". 

18 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

"that dax being obedient and skilled warriors would make for a powerful unit inside a warframe"

Would also mean would make for an antagonist with more motivation and depth like the Stalker.

And this pretty much might be the unique mechanic for Umbra's, Sentient powers (maybe weaker void powers in return?)

The Dax were honour bound, they weren't "dark" but their loyalty extended to their ears and swords. So would happen if we had a more dark and twisted Dax? Through transferance. Perhaps to recreate the Tenno experience and the Dax do not have the inability to disobey.

This would also explain the frames being a "darker" versions of the Warframes and not necessarily "evil". 

right if its to make up for a lack of void power its possible 

and if we eventually got one, that could be interesting with our void powers

another thought is like stalker , they also were granted the ability to negate warframe powers, stalker being a low guardian and having that ability to neutralize us is strange seeing as void power is the only real offense to sentient. meaning stalker had the ability solely to target tenno/warframes. which is strange as we were basicly obedient to them till lotus. so is that a failsafe or a side effect of stalkers creation 

16 hours ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

A00E9B4A66AA1BE0977C9D73F1444639B14E8949

I kinda want to know where this ostron got this stuff from

actually this is interesting

looks to be made of grey material with gold, like those pillars hidden in lua and under its bridges