Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Alignment [Warwithin Spoiler]

ZombieTrooper

So I haven't seen anyone post this so I'd like to put it out there, can DE allow players a second chance at there alignment. I've seen a lot of players asking for this in comments of other posts, that they miss clicked or that something went wrong or they didn't know. For instance my own story, I had second dream spoiled for me so I new the out come of the story and so I picked all the moon options I could however for some unknown reason my alignment is listed as noticeably less moon than full moon (I know this because I have a friend who picked full moon and his alignment indicator is further along than mine).

DE could you please allow players a second chance at the Alignment I know it doesn't effect much in the long run but It would just be a nice touch for those of us who where duped out of getting the alignments we wanted.

Well people aren't supposed to know what it does. Dunno if there are outside factors beyond the choices that were made, but that could be a legit bug? Also, that's a shame really, that system is made to be unique so you pick your own answers, not just base them off a dial, take the answer you'd give and live with the consequences. Like everyone who drank the damn Kuva. WHY in the world would you DRINK the thing that was just described to you as the blood of the Orokin?! You know, the people who hated the Tenno? Used them? Oppressed the entire Galaxy? Created the Sentients, the Grineer, the Infested? The System is the S#&$-show it is now because of them. It's pretty much giving the Elder Queen exactly what she wants, to be inside a Tenno. Can't wait to see the follow up quest.

Bear in mind that there are 5 total choices that affect it currently; 4 from War Within, and one right at the end of Glast Gambit, so it may not be a bug and you've just got to go through the Glast Gambit.

1 hour ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Also, that's a shame really, that system is made to be unique so you pick your own answers, not just base them off a dial, take the answer you'd give and live with the consequences.

Pretty common when it comes to any 'Morality' or 'Disposition' system that has colour coding involved. Why think hard when you can be assured that White/Blue must be Good, and Red/Black must be Evil?

Yes. It's a problem. Sadly, I'm not sure there's a way to get people out of that rut. Far too many games for far too long have favoured going 'this is good, this is bad' without needing to worry about thinking through the options. Perhaps there could be some mitigation if down the line there's opportunity to elaborate on why but well...again, if that in itself is colour coded, same empty statements on average.

We really need something that shakes up these systems in gaming over all, get away from essentially asking us what colour we like.

1 minute ago, Z3GR4M said:

I dunno all I can say is I'm as down the middle of a true neutral Tenno as humanly possible...  like have you guys forgotten what we are?  We are balance bro...  we are indifferent at best.

Shhhh....Don't tell them that, let them play edglords and angels a little while longer to figure that out.

2 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Well people aren't supposed to know what it does. Dunno if there are outside factors beyond the choices that were made, but that could be a legit bug? Also, that's a shame really, that system is made to be unique so you pick your own answers, not just base them off a dial, take the answer you'd give and live with the consequences. Like everyone who drank the damn Kuva. WHY in the world would you DRINK the thing that was just described to you as the blood of the Orokin?! You know, the people who hated the Tenno? Used them? Oppressed the entire Galaxy? Created the Sentients, the Grineer, the Infested? The System is the S#&$-show it is now because of them. It's pretty much giving the Elder Queen exactly what she wants, to be inside a Tenno. Can't wait to see the follow up quest.

4 the POWA!!!!!

The rest of you tenno scum will kneel before me. The one true tenno...

Lol at anyone who didn't drink the kuva. 

Just lol 

19 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

I dunno all I can say is I'm as down the middle of a true neutral Tenno as humanly possible...  like have you guys forgotten what we are?  We are balance bro...  we are indifferent at best.

Same. Im still under the core belief that the neutral path is the correct one.

Some time ago i commented on how full white and full dark both depict destruction.

1 hour ago, Dreadwire said:

Does the choice we make even matter? 

Im kinda scratching my head. 

Also the new quest raise more questions.

So does the choice we make shaped the tenno ?

but then again the outcome ends up the same.(Hello there kiddo!! )

Yea it does,i think steve said it'll have something to do with the next big quest

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

I drank the kuva btw...i mean heck why wouldnt i,these *@##$es put us through hell and back,gave us a #*($%%@ up future so hell yea ima drink their cursed blood as a reward to my suffering

How is that a reward? That's exactly what they wanted! Drinking their blood transfers them to a new body -.- That's the whole reason the Elder Queen was trying to lure you for The War Within

47 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

No it doesnt..where did u even get that from?

Actually, it seems that drinking that kuva allowed you to be, deep down, slightly corrupted and be even closer to the 

Spoiler

Void entity, having a bigger debt to him.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

No it doesnt..where did u even get that from?

The whole part where Kuva is their blood and the Orokin are immortal because they jump bodies through it? Or did you forget the bit about "Continuity"?

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

8 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

Actually, it seems that drinking that kuva allowed you to be, deep down, slightly corrupted and be even closer to the 

Hide contents

Void entity, having a bigger debt to him.

Actually, if you collected all cephalon fragments and bothered to listen to Ordis' story, you'll know that the Red Vial 

Spoiler

allows you to be immortal, to become one of the orokin,

On 30.06.2017 г. at 11:28 AM, Z3GR4M said:

Then Nidus' quest comes along, you choose the middle path and it gives you the dark path, thus altering your quest completely forever against your will.

Never do quests on release, kids. I got my alignment fixed, but will never get my story.

2 hours ago, .Allen said:

Actually, if you collected all cephalon fragments and bothered to listen to Ordis' story, you'll know that the Red Vial 

Reveal hidden contents

allows you to be immortal, to become one of the orokin,

But don't forget, the moment you drinked the kuva, the void entity talked to you.

Depending on your choice, he'd either feel "proud" of you, or angry and claim that you still "owe him".

The orokin used to drink kuva to become immortals, and what happened to them? They became greedy, corrupted, selfish, some lost their minds just to be able to drink a bit of kuva.

In the cephalon records, ordis wanted so badly to drink the kuva he became a mercenary, if I remember well.

18 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

In the cephalon records, ordis wanted so badly to drink the kuva he became a mercenary, if I remember well.

Incorrect.

Ordan Karris was a mercenary because he relished combat. He was a warrior and battle was his only desire. Then he started becoming more and more disdainful of the Orokin across his campaigns, eventually twisting to planning their deaths when he learned he'd die of a blood defect of some form; the idea of dying not in battle and not honourably wasn't something he could, ironically, live with.

He explicitly notes his shock and horror at the idea of being offered the potential to join the Orokin ranks when Ballas presents the Red Vial. Ordan Karris explicitly wanted to go out in the single most horrific blaze of glory he could muster; the murder of the Orokin, to become an infamous legend unmatched there on.

It completely failed and he ends up being forced to imbibe the Vial as his punishment. For Ordan wanted death as his reward, not immortality.

29 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

You dont... Ordan Karris was plagued by a recurring nightmare, and I quote: "The chamber echo with their silk voices, grand words of how honored I must feel. Wrong. Did I want to be an Orokin, undying? No. Their Beast of Bones was haunted by the dream repeated. Why would I want forever?"