The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow systems bp

k05h

Did anyone get the Harrow systems bp from the evacuation mission?

I ran Yursa with the 11% drop chance 7 times till first rotation C (8 evacs) and I ran Memphis with the 7% drop chance 4 times to the third rotation C (24 evacs). I got lots of Axi O1 and drown in morphics. But not much else. 

Yes, I got him some five hours ago. It took me maybe eight or nine runs on Saturn (although in some runs we did more than one rotation C).

Easy. You did 7 of a 1-in-9 and 4 of a 1-in-14 mission, so it's not even like you're being particularly unlucky. I'm sure it's going to drop soon ;-)

If your numbers are right, 1-(1-0.11)^7 = 55% chance of getting it in 7 runs on Yursa.  SImilarly, 1-(1-0.07)^(4*3) = 58% chance in 4 x3 runs of Memphis.  Overall, so far you've had a 81% chance of getting the drop.  Congratulations, you're 1 in 5.

With a player base this large on a game based on probability there are bound to be statistical outliers, but you're not even close to that yet, buddy.

Edited by Buff00n
Didn't notice you did 3 rot Cs on Memphis

1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

If your numbers are right, 1-(1-0.11)^7 = 55% chance of getting it in 7 runs on Yursa.  SImilarly, 1-(1-0.07)^(4*3) = 58% chance in 4 x3 runs of Memphis.  Overall, so far you've had a 81% chance of getting the drop.  Congratulations, you're 1 in 5.

With a player base this large on a game based on probability there are bound to be statistical outliers, but you're not even close to that yet, buddy.

Okay ... thanks for doing the maths. 

I feel tempted to buy Harrow directly but that would be to admit defeat. I am not yet there.

Just now, k05h said:

I feel tempted to buy Harrow directly but that would be to admit defeat. I am not yet there.

I admitted defeat the moment I realized I was going to have to grind tons of evacuation and Grineer Fortress Spy just in the hopes of getting those pieces. 

The fragmented grind did me in before I could even get started. 

3 minutes ago, k05h said:

I bought him by farming prime sets and selling them. Takes way less time than doing the grinding (unless you're really lucky). 

I just bought him because another 6 C rotations on Yursa rewarded only relics. The really sad thing is that I completely forgot about the quest. The slog after the quest and the feeling of utter defeat is all I remember about Harrow. It is just like Nidus. I have no idea what Nidus quest was about but everytime a see a Nidus I remember billions of antiserum thingys.

It would be more honest to just put a price tag on the quest itself and reward a complete frame afterwards. But once you give a blueprint you also provide the illusion that finding the missiong parts is a continuation of the quest.

Edited by k05h

Yes, building harrow now. I got lucky enough to get him the first run I had. Every 8 groups seems to be the chance for rotation C, or just how many you need to get a chance for the part. By no means though take my word completely, I again only had to do it once.

I too would also like to donate my complaint. 4 rotations on memphis, 8 rotations on phobos, 6 rotations on saturn in that order. Nill.  

Statistics aside I actually don't mind the grind. It feels really weird to play defections because you suddenly don't have free time on a mission. You need to move with the group, rush to them as they pop up, pick up batteries along the way, etc. Its completely different from the usual mechanics of KILL EVERYTHING WITH FIRE!!! Instead its more, get tf out of my way!! The pace of the game is completely out of your control and the only thing you can do is protect which more often then not does not require killing but delaying. Even more fun because I have a proper reason to play my new Oberon Prime other than yey plants.  

I actually liked defection before this. 

44 C runs without any systems later and now I dont want to play it ever again.

God Damn warframe, why are you so unrewarding?

Edit: 45 runs was the magic number for me. 

Edited by Ninothing

• 4 weeks later...

Why is rotation c still a thing ? Especially since 95 percent of the a b c drops are insulting garbage that makes the player angry. I was already kinda burned out of that gamemode after operation defective detector... Now I just hate it with a passion.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

So I got the neuroptics second run. Chassis it took me about 20+ runs at 20 waves of defense fissures of differing levels. I have ran about 30+ runs of defect on saturn with nothing to show for it. I was hoping it was going to be like octavia was for me b/c it only took me two missions to get all three pieces.

Edited by (XB1)Yin Fox

On 01/07/2017 at 10:57 AM, Ninothing said:

I actually liked defection before this. 

44 C runs without any systems later and now I dont want to play it ever again.

God Damn warframe, why are you so unrewarding?

Edit: 45 runs was the magic number for me. 

That's nice because 46 runs would be to much :satisfied:

• 2 months later...