Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Riven dispositions logic

darkki94

I really don`t get the power levels on some of them ... War is one of the worst of the Heavy Blade category ( because it`s Impact based ) and has worse riven than the Scindo Prime , and what about Orthos prime having a riven disposition of 1 and Tipedo having a 5 ? 

Weapon usefullness and overall use determine it's riven disposition, certain weapons on release will have weak disposition because they are powerfull to begin with (euphona) and weapons that fall in usage (like sinoid simulor) will also retain for now the weak dispositions.

Rivens on weak disposition weapons can still be stronger than regular mods, but it ain't easy.

It's not just popularity that determines the disposition.

Edited by KIREEK

11 minutes ago, darkki94 said:

I really don`t get the power levels on some of them ... War is one of the worst of the Heavy Blade category ( because it`s Impact based ) and has worse riven than the Scindo Prime , and what about Orthos prime having a riven disposition of 1 and Tipedo having a 5 ? 

Easy answers :

• War is more used than scindo (because scindo isn't used anymore since galatine prime)
  • Orthos prime is more used than tipedo

As other said, it's about "how much the weapon is used" and not "how powerful the weapon is".

And yes it doesn't make sense, but this is warframe.

16 minutes ago, darkki94 said:

War used to have the highest base melee damage in the game until Galatine weapon. Even if it has Impact as main damage, it still hits like a truck and it's a rather popular weapon. 

"worst of the Heavy Blade category"

I don't know its sitll one of the strongest melee weapons ingame, on top able ot knock enemys to the floor and gorund finish them is not as bad.

Calling a weapon weak because of its main damage type is close minded, considering it can kill corpus units faster then Galatine Prime.

We got difference damage types for a reason. YOu want to talk about weak weapons? How about the Gram.

Riven disposition is balanced to my eyes, most used and already strong&balanced weapons geo the weaker disposition.

but i think the 1/5 and 5/5 shouldnt definitely exist.

its too unlikely to get a riven with 1/5 disposition that is better than an alteady existing common mod.

and 5/5 is just stupidly good, some terrible weapons can outdps tier 1 weapons by 3-4 (even 10) times with the right riven.

also not-relevant stats shouldnt be a thing. Like projectile speed on hitscan weapon. Being it a + or a -

Edited by JohnKable

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2017 at 4:18 PM, Marine027 said:

"worst of the Heavy Blade category"

I don't know its sitll one of the strongest melee weapons ingame, on top able ot knock enemys to the floor and gorund finish them is not as bad.

Calling a weapon weak because of its main damage type is close minded, considering it can kill corpus units faster then Galatine Prime.

We got difference damage types for a reason. YOu want to talk about weak weapons? How about the Gram.

Saying that a weapon is bad just because of its damage type is bad makes a lot of sense if you are doing high level missions and not being a sub level 100 sortie rat. ( try killing level 150 heavy gunner with the war and then with galatine prime and then we will speak again .

On 2/7/2017 at 9:03 PM, KYLoooo said:

Oh, do you work at DE?

Playing the game is enough to fmdetermine that. Disposition is generally released as a factor of usage, and then modified manually (see for example the Pyrana which lost quite a bit in disposition after its buff). 

1 hour ago, darkki94 said:

Saying that a weapon is bad just because of its damage type is bad makes a lot of sense if you are doing high level missions and not being a sub level 100 sortie rat. ( try killing level 150 heavy gunner with the war and then with galatine prime and then we will speak again .

Did such also, you jsut need ot mdo right and take advantake of its impact proc for ground finishers and the armor stripping from impact damge mod maybe.

Besides going with impact against enemys who are strogn against it is a whole other stroy already, peopel try to keep comparing weapons agaisnt all factions, while in relaity you can only mod and equip in advantage and optimized, and not expect the game to play itself.

But it sitll works as mentioned in my first sentence.