Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So when are we getting that auction house?

--21st--

3 minutes ago, Madnuss said:

Offcourse htey're OK with no auction house...free flowing plat is not in their best interest

Exactly.  They sell convenience, so they need to make things at least a little inconvenient to sell anything, and it's in their best interest to make things as inconvenient as they can without causing massive player loss.  So, an AH to make trade convenient is bad for their business, and will never exist unless they change to an entirely different business model, which seems very unlikely.

That said, what if they created an AH - but you had to pay a monthly fee, say $5, to access it?  Would that be acceptable to everyone?

Edited by Phatose

3 minutes ago, Madnuss said:

Offcourse they're OK with no auction house...free flowing plat is not in their best interest

You genius don't realize how much it will cost you as a seller in the long run. Majority of common things will cost literally nothing and uncommon things like arcane helmets, rare arcanes, rare and event mods will cost even more than they do now.

I fail to see how an ability to bargain and get what you got for 50 - and what would normally cost 100 is a bad thing for players. With auction house you won't have a chance to bargain. You will have to pay 100 or gtfo.

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

You genius don't realize how much it will cost you as a seller in the long run. Majority of common things will cost literally nothing and uncommon things like arcane helmets, rare arcanes, rare and event mods will cost even more than they do now.

I fail to see how an ability to bargain and get what you got for 50 - and what would normally cost 100 is a bad thing for players. With auction house you won't have a chance to bargain. You will have to pay 100 or gtfo.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

It's in no one's best interest, you're just thinking for the short term quick reward.

No and no. You're both under the assumption i am allrdy selln stuff for plat right now...which i am NOt because its such a drag.

25 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Knowing how everybody on the forums are intend to prove how manipulateable and bad it could be, probably never:sad:

They look like the guys who are watching the TV hoping that the new president will ruin the country just so they can say they were right.

Which is a shame because in the same heartbeat they will recommend warframe.market which has all the "issues" of an auction plus the added benefit of people selling things that don't exist on multiple fake accounts.

Edited by maj.death

In a PBE like Warframe's, auction houses cause unavoidable deflationary pressure on the currency being used (ie, race to the bottom pricing). When that currency is the premium currency that the developer directly sells to players to make their money, this is obviously undesirable.

Auction houses ain't gonna happen.

11 minutes ago, Madnuss said:

No and no. You're both under the assumption i am allrdy selln stuff for plat right now...which i am NOt because its such a drag.

It's not a drag otherwise there won't be tons of people sitting on insanely high amount of plat.

Just because you have no idea how trade works doesn't mean the system is bad.

Which is a shame because in the same heartbeat they will recommend warframe.market which has all the "issues" of an auction plus the added benefit of people selling things that don't exist on multiple fake accounts.

Because now you have benefit of both.

You want to bargain - you go to the trade chat where you're able to sell the same thing for 100 p or for 1000. You don't want to deal with people at all, you have no idea how to bargain or have no interest in it - you go to the warframe.marketand accept the price as it is.

And there is a very small number of fake accounts, usually you can spot them without any kind of problems. If everyone's selling something for 200 and there's a guy selling same thing for 50 and he's hangin in the trade still it's either fake or he's afk. Either way he won't sell anyone enything and most people won't expect to get it for 50, and you have options such as just ignoring the market or this account altogether.

A fully automatic "auction house" (do people even know what an actual auction is anymore?) has a lot of reasons why it wouldn't be the best idea.

But some way to do trades non-concurrently would be awesome. I just want to be able to browse a list of items, filter it by what item I want, and be able to say "I'll give you this for it" while dropping something of my own in a virtual box for the other person to say "yea" or "nay" to when they come online to see it. No prices. No automation. Just trading. (Obviously plat would still be a tradeable item)

Maybe that'll be "inconvenient" enough.

45 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Some do.  But a fair number ignore trade as much as possible because it's so inconvenient.  Keeping it this way means it's often more convenient to farm out an item then to trade for it.  Keeps people playing the game.

Also, remember that an auction house would make getting newly released primes convenient - and thus is likely to impact Prime Access sales.  DE sells convenience, so they generally don't want to make anything too convenient.  Better to make it just inconvenient enough that people don't stop playing, but the ones who can afford to pay are likely to simply to avoid the hassle.

It is really inconvenient but if we keep something in that point it won't encourage players play the game. The randomly generated items and "luck" makes every person in this game a different experiences and many peoples want things long enough. Also an auction house can work well but everyone just saying how bad and using bad examples of the auction houses. There are plenty games where the auction house works well and those whom trying to exploit it often cannot get what they want because a smart trading communiy won't give more money for an item which is not that rare and expensive. 

The current trading is not do any differ just make the trading much more tedious and unecessarily long. The dojos should have be used better than trading also if you want encourage peoples to play the game then the devs need to add content which keeps them playing and not small one use events and game modes.

There is a tons of options to make the game more fun and less repetitive.

Also for the trading somebody should play the game otherwise noone could trade.

I've spent roughly 53% of my playtime in missions (I compared playtime in my ingame profile to my playtime on Steam). Which is somewhat surprising since I like trade chat a lot. I sometimes spent hours just watching chat go by, just to see if anything interesting pops up. I've never had huge problems in buying or selling stuff on trade chat, though I generally reserve my daily play session for trading. Even when I was new player I could easily make plat by selling stuff like corrupted mods. Sure I sold stuff a lot cheaper than was optimal, but to me that was part of learning experience. To me it seems that some people think the hardest challenge in this game is not to get "ripped off" in trade chat. Which I find absurd same as people who pm me in trade chat just to tell me "your prices are wrong". When you can show me the stone tablets in which the official arbiter of prices has chiseled correct prices for every item, then you can tell me my prices are wrong.

Personally when there is not much new stuff to do, my main enjoyment of Warframe comes from trade chat or trading in general. Also one thing that always surprises me is the that people seem to not consider trading as part of gameplay. Personally I've always felt that if you don't want to invest large amounts of real world money in this game, trade chat is part of the core gameplay in Warframe (by design).

Edited by groznez

Personaly don't care the AH and don't care about the trade for me it would be nice not to trade at all then you guys cry again on something. 

All is based on DE's interests if they wish to manipulate the prices and want some platinum flow then they add features and things which make it possible. Currently they have a good source of platinum because the vaulting is much better in terms for making money than the prime access itself.

They could lower the prices if they want but of course they want money so they won't lowering the prices.

For me this game would have been ideal with no microtransactions at all only skins for items and warframes but no another stuffs. Once you pay you get your game. I like that older system than the sub fee or free to play.

20 minutes ago, Phatose said:

That said, what if they created an AH - but you had to pay a monthly fee, say $5, to access it?  Would that be acceptable to everyone?

Horrible idea. This essentially eliminates most players. Most people usually pay because they get the 50-75% off sale and even then are incredibly hesitant. This would just be an unused feature exclusively available to people who already spend tons of cash on the game. Meaning this economy would be dead. 

17 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I'd say a market would've been nice, and DE could've even removed a tiny % of the plat price from the game, in order to slowly remove plats from the game.

Good idea. This way plat will be shaved off the market consistently; however, warframe.market is already a thing so people will just trade the same way they used to anyway. If %plat was applied to normal trading, then people would be against it because of inconvenience and their principles or whatever. Ultimately, it would cost DE their player base. Just looking at the people who are against it in this forum should give you an idea of the size of that player base.  

15 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Items that cost practically nothing are still over bought for ducats. WTB prime junk 5 parts: 7-15p. Overpriced rare items will still normalize because players regularly farm them(trials, kuva, rivens) or over farm them which keeps the balance. This is basic supply and demand. When supply is low people will farm, when supply is high people will buy. 

Sellers won't be at a disadvantage here. People who insist on insane prices, high or low, will be the ones at a disadvantage. Honestly, selling Ash P for 200p? or buying Loki P for 200p?? They won't be able to fool some trade noob who doesn't know about the current prices which requires stalking trade chat daily and on different times of the day or at least taking a long hard look at warframe.market or warframe nexus.   

Personally, I could go either way. The current system allows me personally to profit more than I should because I come upon some lazy players who happen to see my goods first. I can also immediately get any trad-able item i want if i'm the lazy one. On the flip side, an auction house would finally normalize prices at a lower average and spread also, I won't have to stalk trade chat all night long. Whatever DE decides upon will also decide their pay check at the end of the day so player opinions hardly matter when they have a bottom line to fill. And I for one respect that. 

32 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

It's not a drag otherwise there won't be tons of people sitting on insanely high amount of plat.

Just because you have no idea how trade works doesn't mean the system is bad.

1) It's not boring, because alot of people do it???...yep fail argument. People do alot of boring stuff, doesn't mean it aint boring.

2) I am perfectly aware how the system works, however see point 1

4 minutes ago, babywrath said:

Good idea. This way plat will be shaved off the market consistently; however, warframe.market is already a thing so people will just trade the same way they used to anyway. If %plat was applied to normal trading, then people would be against it because of inconvenience and their principles or whatever. Ultimately, it would cost DE their player base. Just looking at the people who are against it in this forum should give you an idea of the size of that player base.  

The point i'm trying to make with my suggestion is :

As a free to play, you can take the long way (trade chat or warframe market) or spend some plat (in game market that take a tiny % from the sale) and get what you want instantly.

Example with a 10% fee :

• A player set a sybaris p barrel to sell for 50 pl
  • Another player want to buy it, he'll have to pay 55 pl
  • The seller will get 50pl
  • 5 pl got removed from the game

I don't find this that expensive, you avoided the bother of private messaging and joining a dojo, and that way you don't get people PMing you to bargain your price.

Of course the name of the seller must not be revealed in the market...

I really find this suggestion great because it slowly removes plats from the game.

Overpriced rare items will still normalize because players regularly farm them(trials, kuva, rivens) 

They won't.

Some items you can't farm anymore at all like arcane helmets, some you can't farm currently like event mods and some drop so seldom no one in the right mind will go lower than a medium price (like useful arcanes i.e energize)

But yeah, you will enjoy selling trash for 5-10p while being afk in turn. Clap clap.

Honestly, selling Ash P for 200p? or buying Loki P for 200p??

And now you're the problem here. Those prices aren't 'insane'. It's a normal, somewhat even low price for a vaulted prime which was going for 200-300 for ages.

Loki goes for like 300-400 that's a medium price.

And ash costs 60p right now. Not 200. Most frames like Ash used to cost 250 on average before relics came out because it took fckn insane time to farm him, but your information is still wrong here as it doesn't cost 200+ any longer.

They won't be able to fool some trade noob who doesn't know about the current prices which requires stalking trade chat daily and on different times of the day 

Well you're nto a noob and still know nothing so clearly that's not the problem.

It literally only takes asking several peole arond how much x costs to find out the prices. If someone's just buys the first thing they sees it's their problem really. Usually the 'noobs' are teh ones that will be trying to buy things for insanely low prices so I wouldn't worry about their wallets too much.

or at least taking a long hard look at warframe.market or warframe nexus.   

Long hard look lmao. So long that you couldn't even check to see how ash costs with thousands of offers there currently.

It's not boring, because alot of people do it???...yep fail argument

Yes it is. Find it boring - don't do it, simple. I've seen people that spend hours trading, selling stuff and just watching the chat go. Just because you find it boring means nothing. You don't have to trade in trade chat, you have wf market and you can not trade at all.You have options. It's kinda your own problem you chose not to do it in this case.

2 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

...an auction house can work well but everyone just saying how bad and using bad examples of the auction houses. There are plenty games where the auction house works well and those whom trying to exploit it often cannot get what they want because a smart trading communiy won't give more money for an item which is not that rare and expensive...

Let's say DE was considering adding an AH to the game.  Don't you think both the good points and the bad points should be looked at?  What made AHs a success in the games you mentioned?  What made them a failure in games other people have mentioned?  How many of those things are specific to a certain game and how many of those things would apply to WF?  Do you really think the WF trading community is smart enough as a whole that what you say about that game would apply to a WF AH?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

DE has said, multiple times during devstreams, that they do not want an afk trade system...

^ This.  We can discuss this as much as we want but until this changes those discussions don't mean much IMO.  For DE I'd bet the cons outweigh the pros.  It's very unlikely that creating an AH system would be worth the time, effort and/or money involved for DE.