Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So if I make a Topic Post about how I feel Mutagen Sample farming is too harsh for a single Weapon Research in the Dojo, how long will it be before it gets Deleted?

Nez-Kal

Mutagen Sample drop rates are still absolutely terrible for the farming of the resources need to Research "Hema" in the Dojos.

DE has decided not to budge on Lowering the Research Cost, for what seem to be Conflicting and nearly Hypocritical reasons, and has yet to implement any substantial changes to the Mutagen Sample's Drop-Rate in the Derelict. (Where it's "Raining")

I honestly am feeling pretty bad for any new players who ever hope to gain this weapon in the future, and also want to have their own private "Family/Friends" only Dojo that they all build from the ground up, instead of joining into an existing High Tier Clan.

My own Ghost clan (3 Active People) could only finally farm for this thing during the Double Resource Weekend a while back, and even then we had to break out of our usual "Casual" game play and go into "Try Hard" mode, looking up video-guides, using specific weapons and Warframes for Efficient Farming, and having next to no fun for over half a day. It was grueling, it wasn't fun, and honestly, if I was still new to the game and saw that THIS was how I was expected to earn a single gun, I would have quit right on the spot.

Sure. "The Moments over", and "The Time has Past", but the Problem is still there. DE is GOING to address it at some point, and my guess is it's going to be Ninja'd in as a footnote in some later Update near the bottom stating "Lowered Mutagen Samples Cost for Hema in Dojo Research", and DE themselves will never actually speak about it at all.

Edited by Tangent-Valley
Grammar

So if I make a Topic Post about how I feel Mutagen Sample farming is too harsh for a single Weapon Research in the Dojo, how long will it be before it gets Deleted?

Never, as long as you don't violate the forum rules.

I think DE said they are not going to adjust it, dont remember when but im pretty sure during one of the dev streams. Yes its a high price but it is farm-able, it can be a burn out if your just aim for mutagen samples. I was farming for Octavia and axi keys 20 minutes alone in survival was pulling out 40-70 samples per run and found pick up groups in recruiting for defense. funded about a quarter of it myself while looking for other stuff over 6 days of casual play, i am also part low active ghost clan.

For huge, daunting resource walls like this, it's best to just let it come to you IMO. Kinda like the Sibear and it's ridiculous cryotic cost. The resources will come if you just kinda passively play what you need to play to get the resources. Chill out and treat it like a long-term goal, because it's not a hot topic anymore. And we all know how topics that don't get discussed end up in Warframe.

2 minutes ago, MangeurDuPiscine said:

For huge, daunting resource walls like this, it's best to just let it come to you IMO. Kinda like the Sibear and it's ridiculous cryotic cost. The resources will come if you just kinda passively play what you need to play to get the resources. Chill out and treat it like a long-term goal, because it's not a hot topic anymore. And we all know how topics that don't get discussed end up in Warframe.

With literally any other resource besides nitain, argon, and this i would agree wholeheartedly with you on. But mutagen samples are only found in Eris (the literal last planet you will unlock) and the Orokin Derelict (which is the only planet currently keylocked). Also, the drop rate is low, as op said. It's not nearly as bad on the derelict as it is on eris, but still with every 20 minute run without a booster but with nekros you'll get about 30-40, which is abysmal compared to the minimum of 5,000 for it

3 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

With literally any other resource besides nitain, argon, and this i would agree wholeheartedly with you on. But mutagen samples are only found in Eris (the literal last planet you will unlock) and the Orokin Derelict (which is the only planet currently keylocked). Also, the drop rate is low, as op said. It's not nearly as bad on the derelict as it is on eris, but still with every 20 minute run without a booster but with nekros you'll get about 30-40, which is abysmal compared to the minimum of 5,000 for it

That IS a good point. Would be nice if ANY infested mission dropped Mutagen (i.e. invasions, dark sectors). I'd even compromise and have the table polluted with Fieldron and Detonite if it meant more feasible passive grinding.

12 minutes ago, MangeurDuPiscine said:

That IS a good point. Would be nice if ANY infested mission dropped Mutagen (i.e. invasions, dark sectors). I'd even compromise and have the table polluted with Fieldron and Detonite if it meant more feasible passive grinding.

In the game's logic, it makes no sense for them to drop fieldron or detonite samples on any infested tileset since those sectors are completely overrun by the infested. It would be nice if DE changed it, but like most things it may take a long time

Just now, LabMan95 said:

In the game's logic, it makes no sense for them to drop fieldron or detonite samples on any infested tileset since those sectors are completely overrun by the infested. It would be nice if DE changed it, but like most things it may take a long time

I don't know. If detonite was just kinda lying around in an infested galleon after it was taken over, it would make sense. It's just lying around in containers already, why would infested presence change that? Sure it makes sense on Eris and the Derelict, since those places are overrun up the butt. In standard infested tiles like the galleon or Venus or something like that, it might still make sense. Being realistic, they probably won't chance this though, and if they did, they'd be sure it's not 100% in our favor.

3 minutes ago, MangeurDuPiscine said:

I don't know. If detonite was just kinda lying around in an infested galleon after it was taken over, it would make sense. It's just lying around in containers already, why would infested presence change that? Sure it makes sense on Eris and the Derelict, since those places are overrun up the butt. In standard infested tiles like the galleon or Venus or something like that, it might still make sense. Being realistic, they probably won't chance this though, and if they did, they'd be sure it's not 100% in our favor.

That is true, never thought about that. I would like them mob independent honestly, like infested enemies drop mutagen samples, grineer drop detonite samples, and corpus drop fieldron. It'd be a decent compromise if they make them drop at like 10% per enemy no matter what Type of enemy

2 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

That is true, never thought about that. I would like them mob independent honestly, like infested enemies drop mutagen samples, grineer drop detonite samples, and corpus drop fieldron. It'd be a decent compromise if they make them drop at like 10% per enemy no matter what Type of enemy

Making it purely mob drop might tweak the noses of all the exploratory players, which DE seems intent on encouraging, especially given recent light to projects in the works. But, if enemies did indeed drop them specifically on top of whatever they decide to drop in the world, I'd be cool with that.

I am completely in agreement with the writer of this post. Trying to research the Hema with a clan of 13 people all of them at different stages in the game and playing at different times of the day (without access to a taxi to Eris or the derelict) and not going after this exclusively is going to take years. When the drop rate for Kuva is a single mission can be between be between 200 - 600 if you are successful, to get just one mutagen sample per person per mission is a joke.

I won't be grinding for it, that's for sure. I dropped the 2000 I had at the time into it, and I'm just now back up to around 400. I'm not going to bother until I have more than enough to actually research it. Might take a while, but whatever, the amount of grinding required is ridiculous.

It might not matter now, but it will when the hema is required to build the next weapon.

13 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Mutagen Sample drop rates are still absolutely terrible for the farming of the resources need to Research "Hema" in the Dojos.

DE has decided not to budge on Lowering the Research Cost, for what seem to be Conflicting and nearly Hypocritical reasons, and has yet to implement any substantial changes to the Mutagen Sample's Drop-Rate in the Derelict. (Where it's "Raining")

I honestly am feeling pretty bad for any new players who ever hope to gain this weapon in the future, and also want to have their own private "Family/Friends" only Dojo that they all build from the ground up, instead of joining into an existing High Tier Clan.

My own Ghost clan (3 Active People) could only finally farm for this thing during the Double Resource Weekend a while back, and even then we had to break out of our usual "Casual" game play and go into "Try Hard" mode, looking up video-guides, using specific weapons and Warframes for Efficient Farming, and having next to no fun for over half a day. It was grueling, it wasn't fun, and honestly, if I was still new to the game and saw that THIS was how I was expected to earn a single gun, I would have quit right on the spot.

Sure. "The Moments over", and "The Time has Past", but the Problem is still there. DE is GOING to address it at some point, and my guess is it's going to be Ninja'd in as a footnote in some later Update near the bottom stating "Lowered Mutagen Samples Cost for Hema in Dojo Research", and DE themselves will never actually speak about it at all.

Did the same thing as You on Double Resource Weekend wich thankfully made the Hema research doable in a very limited time span. Think I got 200+ mutagen samples for a 40 wave Derelict defense run with at least one Nekros and at least one person who had bought a Resource Booster wich to my surprise affected the drop rates for the whole group. Tried some other group settings with one Nekros and one Pilfering Hydroid, Two Nekros or Two Hydroids but got about the same amount of mutagen samples either way. Since it could be done in half a day like You said I can't complain.

Edited by Jonas_T_acc

I see people complain every now and then about the cost of researching this weapon.   Why is it such a big deal?  It's not like it's an amazing weapon or anything, it's just one out of 300ish possible weapons to choose from.  Why is it so terrible that this one weapon has a high research cost?

The weapon is okay, and it's silly to gate it behind so much grind. It takes the fun out of even getting to the point of making it. There's no accomplishment and sense of "let's get there together", there's only an ennui over how tedious the process was with something like this.

3 hours ago, Tuoweit said:

I see people complain every now and then about the cost of researching this weapon.   Why is it such a big deal?  It's not like it's an amazing weapon or anything, it's just one out of 300ish possible weapons to choose from.  Why is it so terrible that this one weapon has a high research cost?

I've heard from a few people it's in the top 5 overall because of its status type and return on headshots

3 hours ago, Tuoweit said:

its not about the weapon really its about the requirement