Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

3 minutes ago, itribe said:

so basically no they havent said anything concrete, even remotely that your aware of

Probably because its not finished yet. Telling us this info now would be like telling someone how many pages your dissertation would be half way through. You'd have a general idea, but it could be more or less by the end.

Best wait until it comes out, or closer to that point. At the end of the day, if it is to much for you to run (and i mean this in the most sympathetic way possible) theres not much that you can do to change it other than upgrade your system, which doesnt sound like its a big possibility.

3 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Probably because its not finished yet. Telling us this info now would be like telling someone how many pages your dissertation would be half way through. You'd have a general idea, but it could be more or less by the end.

Best wait until it comes out, or closer to that point. At the end of the day, if it is to much for you to run (and i mean this in the most sympathetic way possible) theres not much that you can do to change it other than upgrade your system, which doesnt sound like its a big possibility.

yes but no
its not like a dissertations they know what rigs they are using and know what graphics they are adding and know very well what features need to be implemented graphically wise and even UI wise before launch whether it all gets in on launch is another story. But to ask for system requirements no is not that much of a stretch to be honest we have the base game requirements the questions is how much will that change in this zone.

heck i never said i want official requirements just rough here - although i think we've all come to a general consensus they will eventually cater to lower end like they are doing for optimized earth it just might take a bit.

Tl;DR: If Plains has a slider low end is good to go 

Edited by itribe

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'm of the same opinion, 10 year old pc's (which is what those min spec machines are) should be 'phased out', windows xp has lost it's support from MS so why should game companies keep supporting it too, they'll likey need to do 'custom fixes' for xp now. 

Bigger companies have openly dropped support for older os's like xp and vista and most companies with actively developing games will increase the min requirements with new updates like dlc packs.... Just because DE doesn't call whole digit updates a dlc doesn't mean they're not comparable and as such I think it's time DE started increasing the requirements because toasters being hosts cause no end of problems for the clients when playing the game. 

Wider audience = more players. More players = more possible income.

When your game is a F2P, you need to tap into as many avenues as possible.

Pretty out-dated stats tbh. Dont think that minimum holds up anymore these days.

On the other side though, Twitter message by Steve on someone else:

kwvMV2V.png

That is already quite low for something to be in a good state. Quite a few alternatives for low end with the plains, different rendering, old lighting system and other options that were not in the game before.

3 minutes ago, kuchn said:

oh, i can run WF on full details at the moment...
and i don't expect this to stay like that..but i'd be happy to keep playing on my 2,5 pound laptop =)

Then why did you reply to his comment the way you did? He basically said "People with old platforms should upgrade" to which you reply "Ive got a new platform and no issues running the game, so your wrong".

If anything, your on the same side of the fence as the high-tech guy.

3 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Then why did you reply to his comment the way you did? He basically said "People with old platforms should upgrade" to which you reply "Ive got a new platform and no issues running the game, so your wrong".

If anything, your on the same side of the fence as the high-tech guy.

nana, seems i didn't make myself clear:
at the moment i can run WF without any issues
but i also have concerns about running it with POE...and i do hope i will be able to do that, since i do not intend to buy a new PC (and i can't afford it anyways atm :P)
so some official statement about the requirements would be nice

Edited by kuchn

Thats like having them play Horrizon Zero Dawn and then switching the game out to Devil May Cry

Open world is overrated.

It something that never ends but also never really changes. In majority of games it bored me to death so I never played them for long personally. While it takes more time to get bored of it it also takes a lot of time to get any kind of 'progress' in those things.

A lot of people seem to like it but not nearly everyone would prefer them over normal quests or story-driven games.

Edited by -Temp0-

1 minute ago, itribe said:

yes but no
its not like a dissertations they know what rigs they are using and know what graphics they are adding and know very well what features need to be implemented graphically wise and even UI wise before launch whether it all gets in on launch is another story. But to ask for system requirements no is not that much of a stretch to be honest we have the base game requirements the questions is how much will that change in this zone

The answer to witch it They wont know until they've finished. They know the rigs and stuff, sure, but thats not really going to effect the game so much. Thats just memory. Its the textures, the lighting, the rendering, the draw distances. These are what slows you game down. They dont know what graphic they're using, bucase they're still doing it. Check out DE_Steves twitter: https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Hey, not everyone is a fan of conssumism and upgrading to the latest OS.

There are reasons why some players stuck with XP, in fact some of the most knowledgeable OS users are on XP, it's a choice plain and simple, it does have limitations and warframe isn't one of them, direct x9 is enough and to be honest far more stable than direct x10 and directx11, atleast i don't see players complaining in the performance forum under directx9, the fps don't jump around from high to low and viceversa all the time after an update.

As for staying with old hardware, it's mainly cost benefit, if a cost isn't fully utilized then it might be better not to upgrade. I also am here with a core 2 duo and an amd 6850 and the game runs fine (except for earth i guess), i'm not going to have all that to waste if they disable windows xp as a supported platform.

Yes, buying a new pc is fun, but it has a cost and i cant diverge the money to it atm just to benefit from it in 1 single game. (warframe)

1 minute ago, kuchn said:

nana, seems i didn't make myself clear:
at the moment i can run WF without any issues
but i also have concerns about running it with POE...and i do hope i will be able to do that, since i do not intend to buy a new PC (and i can't afford it anyways atm :P)
so some official statement about the requirements would be nice

Chances are there wont be any issue. The game already loads large maps with lots in it, its just in pieces. At worst, you might need to lower your graphics slightly, but this is marketed as a new zone, not a graphics overhall. This is because all the graphic options we've had recently have been leading to this. The earth re-work was a test for foliage rendering. Recent changes on draw distances and particle effects. As far as i can see, if you can run WF fine now, there should be minimal concern for the PoE. Th only ones who might worry is those who are already struggling on the lowest settings.

Pretty much the two system could live together and still rescource farming and specific items drop on the old starchart places so pretty much they will solve this with smarter than the derelict missions.

Also they recently reworked the Earth tilesets so they doesn't want to obsolete it when they worked a lot on it.

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

Pretty much the two system could live together and still rescource farming and specific items drop on the old starchart places so pretty much they will solve this with smarter than the derelict missions.

Also they recently reworked the Earth tilesets so they doesn't want to obsolete it when they worked a lot on it.

My main problem is that new players might feel lazy to go to the star chart and just walk around the plains for their feel of the warframe environment. Like, I suggest that Plains of Eidolon should only be available to players who have finished The War Within.

That, and feel less inclined to go farming and just enjoy the sights of PoE.

44 minutes ago, itribe said:

Ok so I'm aware this has been asked before, just to be honest I didn't seem to find a concrete-ish answer yet. For us low end PC users we are very worried about whether we will still be in the game post content drop.

The official System Requirements at the moment are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2 dual core CPU)

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600

DirectX: 9.0c

Hard Drive: 20 GB available space

So I guess what im asking is can we can an official word whether this is going to be staying as is or not? Trust me i'd love nothing more than an amazingly graphically pleasing game with shine and glare and even real water but I'm also a realist and that PC is beyond my capacity to acquire anytime soon. 

I have the same problem with you, average PC with 4GB ram, that cannot be upgraded. When the war within came out I had problems running the game. My solution was, funny enough, opening my desktop box and blowing the dust away from the fans because sometimes high temperatures is an easy and common problem, so keep that in mind. Then it played pretty much on max. And remember, I have an ULTRA average pc that barely keeps up with most new games, and by barely I mean it does not.

So you can bet yours will be able to play it, even if you have to lower a thing or two.

Now from DE side. They always keep in mind that Warframe is a low end pc game that can look amazing regardless. I don't know for sure, but I can bet that part of the difficulty with building the new engine/map was keeping it that way, simple.

So will there be some hiccups and fps drops and lags? Yes for sure.

Will they work hard to make sure everyone, including you and me, enjoy it to the max? Yes.

Also to the people saying "Just buy a new one blalblabla". Go home, you are not helping also fok you for being rude. Some of us do not have any extra money so we still try to keep up with our hobbies with what we got. If you can't answer constructively then go.

To the people saying "Upgrade one piece at a time". Nice try, but this is not a post about hardware upgrades or pc building, it's about the game graphics and if they are too hard on the pc we ALREADY have. Still not helpful.

P.S.

Keep in mind that some setting are more hindering when low or high. So play around by lowering some and vice versa and you will find a good balance between gameplay and graphics by altering just one thing.

2 minutes ago, chaosmatcher64 said:

My main problem is that new players might feel lazy to go to the star chart and just walk around the plains for their feel of the warframe environment. Like, I suggest that Plains of Eidolon should only be available to players who have finished The War Within.

Nighttime is for after TWW. Daytime for anyone to make newbies feel included. I don't see the issue.  As long as there is solo mode for both cycles, I'm fine with it.

Just now, chaosmatcher64 said:

I would say no need the war withing quest because some player like myself not finishing the second dream either because i don't want the operators at all. They can use also a mastery rank lock on it or just make it possible to get with a direct map opening. Quests and full star chart as needs to participate to it is harsh instead make the new place an optional like how we should gtg and find rescources on other places. If they want items they still need to go there and finish slowly all planets.

Just now, Sziklamester said:

I would say no need the war withing quest because some player like myself not finishing the second dream either because i don't want the operators at all. They can use also a mastery rank lock on it or just make it possible to get with a direct map opening. Quests and full star chart as needs to participate to it is harsh instead make the new place an optional like how we should gtg and find rescources on other places. If they want items they still need to go there and finish slowly all planets.

Second dream is worth it since you can get a pretty "broken" weapon that can be crafted into a more stronger weapon. If you don't like the operators then you can just let them rot in the back of your liset. 

Also, I wish it would be possible when loggin in you get a choice to go in the plains or your liset so that I don't have to keep going to the plains every time I log in. That, and fast travel is a must or a marker to where your point of origin was.

Second dream is worth it since you can get a pretty "broken" weapon that can be crafted into a more stronger weapon. If you don't like the operators then you can just let them rot in the back of your liset. 

Also, I wish it would be possible when loggin in you get a choice to go in the plains or your liset so that I don't have to keep going to the plains every time I log in. That, and fast travel is a must or a marker to where your point of origin was.

For only one item I don't want to finish the quest and bother with the operators at all. 

2 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

the thing is:

- players require operator gameplay to get rid of the damage adaption of sentients

- there is a huge sentient in the plains of eidolon that comes out at night

I understand your concerns, but Warframe has been slowly improving it's graphics since it's release, we've all had plenty of time (5 or 4 years almost) to prepare for this, we all saw it coming with remastered tilesets like earth coming to light - You could probably still PLAY the game - it's the same game afterall, you'd just need to lower settings OR play with a lower FPS (45 for example over 60 if you usually run 60).

oh well.

Currently we don't know how they will implement the new area but I guess they can do without any special requirements. Like how nightmare missions can be played by the new players too if they once finished a full planet.

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

the thing is:

- players require operator gameplay to get rid of the damage adaption of sentients

- there is a huge sentient in the plains of eidolon that comes out at night

That is still not a strong point for me to do anything with the operators. Because they are not totally turnable so I cannot turn off or on depending when I wish and I really not want to bother with them and listening the teens quotes all day. Only if it will be possible then may be I do a try to the quests otherwise I can handle almost every enemy.