Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

The drones to me serve the same purpose as Titania's butterflies; enemy distraction, damage, and CC all in one package.  Well if you don't gimp your power strength.  :D

Not hating on the butterflies here, but literally the best thing about them is that shield osprey spectres fire shield beams at them. If you ever want a messy light show of blue beams, drop one down and enter razorwing.

7 hours ago, Kinetos said:

Did someone have to want it? 

You'd better hope you wanted it when it's revealed that fish have a 0.001% chance to drop Primed Streamline (pun intended).
Gotta' get that power effishency.

In all seriousness though it's a relief to hear it's a joke. I was a little worried about arbitrary fish-grind.

- Odonata/Prime is a good all-rounder, and goes best with a Primed loadout. Energy Shield should have no problem sponging light attacks, and you can still blow stuff up with Seeking Swarm.

- Itzal will let you traverse the map fastest. I see this becoming popular later on once people get bored traversing the plains and just want to get to their objective/back to Cetus quickly.

- Elytron will prove popular simply because you can nuke an outpost. it's always been my preferred Archwing.

- Amesha will be pretty powerful, especially if it's abilities affect allies on the ground. not saying I want it to happen, but if Amesha was to get nerfed at any point, it'd be in Plains of Eidolon.

that said, you can use any Archwing if you're just gonna snipe or shoot grenades at the enemy from above, which I'm sure many will do.

10 hours ago, Firetempest said:

That's what DE wonders about every year.

giphy.gif

Bosses/units are pushovers > adds scaling > They turn into bullet-sponges > adds weakpoints > Too much invulnerable time > Adds nullify abilities > Powers aren't side boosts anymore, I fight purely with powers! >  Adds more mobility > They don't stay in place long enough to shoot so they take forever. And so on.

DE is doing exactly what I want as far as I'm concerned when it comes to challenge, adding new enemy units and granting additional mechanics to further differentiate the existing units. Encounters are far more layered than they used to be since everyone in older versions of warfame exhibited nearly the same behavior.

1 hour ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

If not the quest alone, you can expect more entertainment from the following :
Focus system
Operator with weapon
More Lore on the warframe as well as the "Sacrifice" for Umbra
Different type of resource gathering ( Fishing and all that )
exploration
Flying around
I now realize I've named a few things that aren't directly linked to PoE, but rather coming around that time. My bad

I'm fairly certain there won't be any quest that is considered "fun" if it's geared towards high veteran ( Thinking 80-100 ) as it'll all end up being a cheese fest rather than a play and enjoy quest.

Though I do understand where you're coming from as well, quests like those in a level 10-15 open world is bound to be quite underwhelming unless you unmod your weapons on purpose...
I stand here waiting to be surprised.

I dont think enemies need to be level 80 to be engaging. I dont know why people keep assuming that. 

What i got from the interview is that.

He said that some area will be blocked to the new player. but then after the more progress player went through. The more the player can explore.

Zelda style. if you havent got the bomb to destroy the caving on the cave entrance, you cant go there.

So imagine like that mountain that they said. if the player havent got an arcwing. they cant go there.

and also. new player STILL can go around at night. that was also stated in the interview. But it will be "Too Hard" for the new player. So im guessing when the night came. we veteran player kinda help this new player to get to safety or something

1 hour ago, Lanieu said:

Better not. Can't stand that clunky mode.

AFAIK, the Focus system and Operator things are getting beefed up quite a bit with the Plains of Eidolon. IIRC Operator Armor is a thing, so expect to not just be a piece of wet paper anymore (and hopefully the other focus schools will get buffed up to be on Zenurik levels of power.

8 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

but do you really want to give new players access to this area, observe and do everything that it has to offer before having them go back to the regular grindfest of warframe missions with their closed in environment?

I don't see it as an issue. Especially if the open environment has event style stuff happening in the vicinity.

The Plains of Eidolan represent a change of pace... and all the while new areas will be being worked on ideally.

15 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

AFAIK, the Focus system and Operator things are getting beefed up quite a bit with the Plains of Eidolon. IIRC Operator Armor is a thing, so expect to not just be a piece of wet paper anymore (and hopefully the other focus schools will get buffed up to be on Zenurik levels of power.

Well that'd be a step (Focus school balance passes/changes are LONG overdue)...but I'd still rather play as a warframe and not a tweenager, personally.

8 hours ago, MrMythic said:

I think that Steve mentioned on his Twitter that while the daytime will be available to everyone, the night time will be blocked until after the war within.  

It's not that it will be blocked, it will be more about the fact that you won't be able to survive the night without endgame powers. 

16 hours ago, P0Pz said:

Woot AngryJoe has spoken with him?

Any source of this dialog link/video ? Would love to see/read it. 

Makes sense to me...

Wouldn't it be great to find at the borders "entrances" to dark caves, which are darkzone areas. Where much higher level mobs apear kinda like 'hardcore mode'.

And a NPC in the settelment tell a squad looking for it only with some hints, where this every 4h randomly apearing entrances are?

My grinder-heart is already pumping like crazy now xaxaxa...

10 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Ha sorta click bait title, but seriously I watched the angry joe interview that he had with Steve Sinclair and apparently Eyedrion plains content will be available to new players to the game, now these are just my opinions but do you really want to give new players access to this area, observe and do everything that it has to offer before having them go back to the regular grindfest of warframe missions with their closed in environment?  Thats like having them play Horrizon Zero Dawn and then switching the game out to Devil May Cry....you Can't do that and expect new players to remain interested in the linear missions and map designs,  I feel like it should be locked off until the player completes war within, because again if you expose a new player to these open vast area and then throw them into a box after your going to either alienate them from the other aspects of the game or drive them away completely when they realize the rest of the game is linear mission based content,   This upcoming expansion is great, but shouldn't be accessible until the player has already gotten their feet wet with warframe.

they have with hydroid prime. no nami solo, just nami skyla. like. okay then