Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Just now, --Caranthir-Ar-Feiniel-- said:

so, Back to the question, CAN or CAN'T they ACCESS the Plains Of Eidolon Map directly without countering / completing the other mission like second dream, war within and so on.

They CAN access the Plains, according to EVERYTHING DB has said.

Any player can do MISSIONS for Cetus, and collect rewards, and go fishing during the day.

However the night cycle is planned to be VERY DIFFICULT for MR0 players. Fighting the EIDOLONS will require OPERATOR MODE which requires TWW.

But even MR0 players can stick around during the night and GO DIE IN FRONT OF AN EIDOLON because they can't fight back, if that's what their heart desires. Really. Anyone who wants to die during night-time is WELCOME to do so.

3 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

- Cetus will be open for new players

- Only players what complited majot story quest and are strong enough will be able to go hunt for eidolons

- Warframe isint sandbox and I cant see it becoming one in future

- No , older title sets wount be converted into open world , the plains will be just odition to curent gameplay/system

Hope this awnser some questions

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

They can enter Cetus and the Plains but will encounter very difficult enemies.

They will also be pretty much powerless against the Eidolons since they don't have access to their operators yet.

So , CETUS is the NEW planet which PoE is Located

And what do u mean by warframe is not a large-sandbox?  , what ive known is actually openworld is a sandbox but bcos of it Enormously Massive they called it OpenWorld.    But in Warframe Case.  its like the mixed combination of both, in other hand warframe is LArge-sandbox and the side hand is openworld. explain to me if im wrong

Then, All the new players CAN enter the CETUS without Unlocking all the other planets? 

So , CETUS is the NEW planet which PoE is Located

No. Cetus is on EARTH.

Then, All the new players CAN enter the CETUS without Unlocking all the other planets? 

Earth is unlocked for EVERY player. Your question doesn't stand.

Just now, Dhrekr said:

However the night cycle is planned to be VERY DIFFICULT for MR0 players. Fighting the EIDOLONS will require OPERATOR MODE which requires TWW.

But even MR0 players can stick around during the night and GO DIE IN FRONT OF AN EIDOLON because they can't fight back, if that's what their heart desires. Really. Anyone who wants to die during night-time is WELCOME to do so.

Yea, i seen that, Night time is the most difficult Difficulty, And during the day time is a litte bit easier, but so far, from all i can see its not gonna be that easy, its because all the archwing enemies and non archwing enemeies combined into 1 in order to against the Tenno's

from all i can see its not gonna be that easy

The enemies are going to be harder when you walk away from Cetus. As soon as you stay in the vicinity of Cetus anyone should be fine - and as they become more powerful, newer players can explore more and more.

Besides, you can always go with a strong team and be carried rely on the help of team-mates. If a team of MR24 players decide to take a MR0 to hunt Eidolons, and spend half of the fight reviving the MR0 player, well... there's nothing you can't do ;)

Is it weird that the random bold words make me think a secret message? @--Caranthir-Ar-Feiniel-- as far as we have been told and show, the settlement of Cetus and the Plains will be open to any player currently able to do normal missions (completed Vor's Prize) so it should be rather open to both new and old. Actually fighting Eidolons will require Warrior mod which requires Tenno form from from War Within but hey, maybe you can still assist if your team is so prepared. Hopefully, this situation will appeal to both new and old players alike.

Just now, Dhrekr said:

No. Cetus is on EARTH.

Earth is unlocked for EVERY player. Your question doesn't stand.

SO its on Earth, i see . 

Earth is unlocked Yes, But all i can remember is not all map unlocked we need to do mission to unlocked all the maps on earth, 

um.. maybe CETUS is in Different case. which originally available without unlocking it.

Cetus is not a new planet, its on Earth. And yeah, from the sound of it new players will probably be able to go to Cetus and the Plains without having to unlock the rest of the starchart.

However, in order to play the story quests, you will need to have unlocked most if not all of the starchart so in a way, they will need to have unlocked all the planets in order to play a good portion of the content provided in this new update.

As for Warframe being/becoming a sandbox, only time will tell. This new open-world aspect is a big step towards giving the players more freedom to play the game however they wish which is a major part of sandbox games.

Earth is unlocked Yes, But all i can remember is not all map unlocked we need to do mission to unlocked all the maps on earth, 

I don't think that asking players to play five missions in order to unlock Cetus is really asking a lot.

Really, "play the game for 30 minutes before unlocking Cetus" is really, really a low standard of admission.

(Then, we don't know if there's going to be additional steps to take in order to unlock Cetus.)

19 minutes ago, --Caranthir-Ar-Feiniel-- said:

My understand on your statement is,

The Plains of eidolon is Available for all players from 0MR Above and it means They CAN'T enter Directly without Completing the Other mission like [Second dreams] etc

The PoE will be available for ALL players that can reach Earth. Newer players are however advised to gtfo when night falls...

Just now, Dhrekr said:

newer players can explore more and more.

hah.. i like this

Just now, Dhrekr said:

Besides, you can always go with a strong team and be carried rely on the help of team-mates. If a team of MR24 players decide to take a MR0 to hunt Eidolons, and spend half of the fight reviving the MR0 player, well... there's nothing you can't do ;)

:crylaugh: no worry they will spend on it

But how about the Squad?  i mean, Yea if we made a squad with 4 peoples maxed will we meet other squad on cetus?  or with that MASSIVE maps only our squad who will wrecking around, Shouting around "HEY..  Hey... hey.. he.. he... h... h.. ... ..."         "Anybody Here?...  Body Here...  Here.... ere...  re...  e.... .... "        ok sounds like only 4 of us

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

The PoE will be available for ALL players that can reach Earth. Newer players are however advised to gtfo when night falls...

atleast they can rekt around on the day. but still for a new players i believes they will get F*** up, i dont think even on the day time, enemies level will be on level 1-5

or with that MASSIVE maps only our squad who will wrecking around,

I suggest you watch Prime Time of two days ago. Megan and Rebecca had no problem in keeping track of each other while doing the same mission.

I mean, yeah, it's a big map, but it's nothing different than a team getting completely separated while doing a long Survival. Communication and map markers are your friends.

Edited by Dhrekr

1 minute ago, --Caranthir-Ar-Feiniel-- said:

atleast they can rekt around on the day. but still for a new players i believes they will get F*** up, i dont think even on the day time, enemies level will be on level 1-5

I think the entry level of the plains is quite low, but the further you go, the stronger enemies get.

Just now, Dhrekr said:

I suggest you watch Prime Time of two weeks ago. Megan and Rebecca had no problem in keeping track of each other while doing the same mission.

I mean, yeah, it's a big map, but it's nothing different than a team getting completely separated while doing a long Survival. Communication and map markers are your friends.

no no no , i mean it would be great if we meet lots of people out there doing something, fishing etc, maybe taking screenshot of 100 players doing fishing along side the river:crylaugh:

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

I think the entry level of the plains is quite low, but the further you go, the stronger enemies get.

so the situation is different this this, normally we used to the longer the minutes, waves, rounds etc the hardest the enemies,

but in PoE the Further we go the stronger the enemies, so in my time watching few stream, prime time, if not sure if it has End map. and is it mean its endless.. 

Edited by --Caranthir-Ar-Feiniel--

22 hours ago, Jobistober said:

Not trying to purposefully be an a-hole about this, but if you're first instinct is to take WoF Ember and cheese the plains, that right there is your issue. Any of us high level players can do that, no doubt, but it seems many "vets" have become complacent to cheese everything and the concept of exploring and experiencing new things has become lost (not necessarily a player prob, but DE adding more content). We should go into plains like a kid a disneyland for the first time.

For me, I want my first experiences of the plains to be me just walking out there, taking in the scenery and exploring naturally and experiencing the gameplay and combat organically. This also means I will not loadout for insta-cheese, but some random loadout that I think is fun and just go for it. Almost like I am playing the game for the first time.

Other things to point out that other may have have mentioned:

1. Most gameplay we've seen of the plains has been daytime, which is automatically easier than night time combat (from what we've been told)

2. Devs seem to be avoiding most of the eidolon and other night time combat so as not to spoil the initial experience for us

3. Distance from Cetus is directly proportional to enemy difficulty

4. The plains isn't just a massive exterm mission. There's lots tof new stuff to explore/discover that isn't strictly related to combat.

This man has the right idea. I'm going to be doing the exact same thing when I first step out onto the plains.

On 9/29/2017 at 3:06 PM, Jobistober said:

For me, I want my first experiences of the plains to be me just walking out there, taking in the scenery and exploring naturally and experiencing the gameplay and combat organically. This also means I will not loadout for insta-cheese, but some random loadout that I think is fun and just go for it. Almost like I am playing the game for the first time.

Yeah, I have my loadout planned already (no where near cheese, loadout for fun), but I'm still debating whether or not I'll even take a Bounty (or whatever introductory quest they give, if they give one) on my first time out.

Yea, the fact that they are "crunching it" and not doing dev streams or other new reinforcements, and that they even felt the need to say "its not coming this week", makes me feel its coming out mid October at the latest, early October more likely.

Edited by arolust

23 hours ago, DOLBYSHOCKZ said:

I heard tell that DE Steve said it would come early September. Is it still coming out this month? Everyone keeps saying next week, next week and so on. 

Considering there is no hype site yet, next week is looking bleak. But, considering we had the Dev Workshops this week, I'd say they're close to finalizing the build for release.

Also, Arrival on Eidolon ends on Oct 5th, the first prize includes all the bundles from U22. I don't think they'll make the winner (and us) wait too long.

I expect the highest level content to top out at level 40, regardless of where we go in the plains.  I expect this across all landscapes going forward actually, maybe level 60 at the highest, where enemy damage is brutal, but not yet instantly lethal (except snipers.)

I'll be going into the plains with my goof builds, which work all across the star chart.  A Braton Prime modded for faster reloads, no multi-shot.  A Pandero modded for ammo capacity, recoil reduction, and firing rate.  No Barrel Diffusion.  Probably will be carrying a glaive or redeemer.  WISH I had glaive prime, but that probably won't be re-released for another 3+ years.  Damn.

Alternatively, I'll go out there with a Karak Wraith, Vaykor Marelok, and either the Sheev or Grineer throwing hammer thingy in a Graxx skin, because the Steel Meridian would be all over helping Cetus.  Like, I half expect some form of SM cell set up in the area.

Now, I know there have been many topics like "What Archwing are you going to use" and stuff like that, but I'd like to go into a bit more detail.

What exactly will you bring to the Plains, and what do you plan to do with it?

I'll tell you a short story.

Spoiler

I always have bad luck with RNGesus (I blame Lootcifer for making him hate me), so ever since Banshee Prime released I never managed it to get her, same goes for weapons like Dual Kamas Prime. I haven't played Warframe for a few weeks because I always thought "what's the point in trying", however, today (well...yesterday.. it's almost 2:40 in the morning here lol), I met a member of my old Clan, and as it happens he did have a spare Banshee Prime set for me, in return I gave him a Tiberon Riven that I didn't need. Happy as I was at that moment, I decided to go farming again. Defense after defense, interception after interception... argons after argons, troll Limbo after Limbo...after some guys from my current clan joined in we went to crack open some of the relics, and after multiple hours of grinding we managed it to get the few missing parts for my Cernos Prime.

So after this, I've come to a conclusion:

I'm going to the Plains with;

-Banshee Prime (because... well I like Banshee)

-Cernos Prime/Rakta, Rubico or Arca Plasmor... thinking about it I might just use the Rakta because the Prime, cool as it is, just has too much spread with these multiple arrows :/ And the fact that the total damage it split up between the 3 arrows just sucks :/ What a waste of an Orokin Potato.

-Akstiletto Prime (unless I manage it to get my hands on euphona prime)

-Dragon Nikana because I like to bring a sword to a gunfight

-Dethcube with a sniper rifle (Just for the medi-ray lol)

And archwing, I'm going to use Elytron and Grattler. Because space-FLAK is awesome.

Edited by o0Despair0o
Changed my mind about the Primary.