Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally back from TennoCon...

RagingGrizzly

And I must say, it was well worth the 14 hour drive to and from (So that's 28 boring and yet exciting hours) Canada for the convention. Thanks to my brother @AEP8FlyBoy for being there every frustrating step of the way (especially when we went through Chicago), for being the driver and everything before and after. I love dis guy, even though he spouts blasphemy about the glorious Rhino master race. ;)

It was well worth the trip, meeting all the fellow Tenno that attended the Con, all the socializing that happened. Best decision of this year attending the Con, hands down. 

Sadly we had to play a "dead build" on the PC stations... really wanted to brandish my Rhino master race... (inb4 flyboy replies "Loki is the true master race!")

The reveals, oh my jeez, I had to get a new pair of pants... Don't wanna spoil anything for people who haven't seen it yet, but it was amazing, truly outstanding. We talked with some of the DEVs and they were sweating bullets cuz this is such a new thing that they worked so hard on and they had to keep their mouths shut about it, and boy was it worth the radio silence. 

AND UMBRA!!! (Not too hyped about it though, the semi open-world or "landscapes" kind of blew that outta the water, imo.)

We got to meet so many nice people. Got a lot of signatures and silly selfies with angryjoe and the devs as well as...

pVLfW6m.jpg Meme filled pic with Space Mom! <3

I had an amazing time that was worth every dollar and minute spent, and if there's gonna be another TennoCon next year... Man, I'll probably go...

Congratulations to the developers and the community for making this all happen! Happy trails! <3

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

LOKI IS THE TRUE MASTER

It was a super time, and I really enjoyed every minute of it. The reveals at the beginning and the end of TennoLive just slapped the chocolate covered brownies on the cake that already had icing on it.

It really was spectacular. I just gotta take it easy next time on the drive. 8 hours of road right after TennoCon was not a good idea... but in the end we made it safe and sound!
Guess I'll have to try and not be the camera guy next year. ;)

Thanks a lot everyone at DE, the London Convention Centre and the Warframe community itself for making this possible.
It will surely be one of my most fond memories. Looking forward to making more when that awesome update ships!

Farewell for now, I'm gonna go redeem some TennoCon Relay stuff and head off to bed.
I'm beat.

:community:

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

I didn't go. I'm not sure if I'd ever want to go. Not that it doesn't look cool. I'm just horrible in crowds.

You really should. I have crippling social anxiety (aspergers + isolated childhood due to constant moving) but I went there made some friends. The crowd is first thing on your mind before you go but the last thing on your mind when you actually get there. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

You really should. I have crippling social anxiety (aspergers + isolated childhood due to constant moving) but I went there made some friends. The crowd is first thing on your mind before you go but the last thing on your mind when you actually get there. 

Maybe next year. I'll have to get a passport.

I almost didn't go, but was glad I did. I enjoyed myself much more than I expected. Seeing the reveal live was definitely worth it. The devs walked around and we're easy to talk to and thank. They appreciated being recognized. I drank with Scott a little. As a major fan of the game, I'm glad I did it at least once. 

It was cool to theory craft with other players in real life. I don't know anyone in my personal life that plays WF, so it was cool to meet people that do. It felt alien to meet people that actually knew and cared about the game. In my circles it's more of a "oh yeah, I played that game a bit. It was cool" if anything at all.

I drove 8 hours there and 8 hours back home, no breaks. Worth it. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

2 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

(inb4 flyboy replies "Loki is the true master race!")

inb4 IceColdHawk replies instead: "Saying rhino is the master race is one thing...ViZByGq.jpg"

2 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

The reveals, oh my jeez, I had to get a new pair of pants...

I c what u did dere. Glad to see you had fun bro.

And admittedly, this tennocon reveals did put the 2016 one into shame to be honest, lol. It was pretty savage. I can only hope that they won't screw it up and finally make the forums great again (aka not burn out of frustration) and the game much awesomer!

My face after seeing Plains of Eidolon: LgaJXKB.jpg

Edited by IceColdHawk

Seing all these threads and comments on the forums, youtube, region chat, i wish i was there...

And then i remembered i don't even have the money to go to a country right besides mine, let alone an over continent trip. And that i've always felt suffocated by crowds even ones way smaller than what was shown on tennocon.

Suddenly youtube recap wasn't such a bad idea

If only i can send a metal puppet in a tiny aircraft there and see with it's eyes like my own.

I like how everyone was looking for a big umbra reveal.  Instead we got open world with some other new things.  and a teaser at the end that was basically "remember umbra? it's still a thing."  Don't take this as me being disappointed.  I'm not.  I was just wanting to know more.  Though I suppose since PoE is supposed to be dropping this summer and the big quests don't really take off hype wise and drop until end of the year ish this makes sense.

At least we know it's called sacrifice now.  and that it hopes to tell us what "warframes truly are."

18 minutes ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

I would have loved to go but I'm a person stuck out in Kansas and Canada is kind of a stretch lol. Maybe next year - I'll have to see what happens.

Stuck out in Kansas? Where in Kansas? Me and Flyboy drove up from Topeka, Kansas where we're at. Took 14 hours from here to there, like I said in my thread. It shouldn't have been that much of a stretch for you, but then again, me and fly were pretty motivated.

3 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Stuck out in Kansas? Where in Kansas? Me and Flyboy drove up from Topeka, Kansas where we're at. Took 14 hours from here to there, like I said in my thread. It shouldn't have been that much of a stretch for you, but then again, me and fly were pretty motivated.

I'm in Wichita so that's already 2-3 hours away from where you're at lol. Yeah idk if I could have drove for that long without going crazy XD it's nice to know that I'm not the only one in the middle of the states though.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

I'm in Wichita so that's already 2-3 hours away from where you're at lol. Yeah idk if I could have drove for that long without going crazy XD it's nice to know that I'm not the only one in the middle of the states though.

When we drove towards, we had a halfway hotel set up, but fly somehow decided to drive all the way back in one sitting.

That was a huge mistake. X)

Checkpoint hotels could've helped you out if you had the money/points for em.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

When we drove towards, we had a halfway hotel set up, but fly somehow decided to drive all the way back in one sitting.

That was a huge mistake. X)

Checkpoint hotels could've helped you out if you had the money/points for em.

Oh wow o.o at least he was excited lol. The furthest I've went out for a convention is Kansas City and that was to go to naka kon. But tennocon sounds like it was a lot of fun.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

Oh wow o.o at least he was excited lol. The furthest I've went out for a convention is Kansas City and that was to go to naka kon. But tennocon sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Oh it was. If there's gonna be one next year you could probably just head over to KCI and fly over, if driving (even with checkpoint hotels) seems too time consuming.

Just now, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

It would probably be easier for me to fly since I'd most likely be going by myself. I don't wanna risk getting lost XP

Yeah, that would probably be better. Me and fly had our navigation going the whole time, so it wasn't that hard finding our way around the states.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

Well just gotta wait and see what's going to happen next year ^^ too bad I'm not on PC anymore (thanks to my dinosaur laptop going kaput) then I'd add you guys and hang with you in game. 

Yeah. My first two years of warframe was on a toaster, so I feel your pain, and I hope that you'll be able to attend next year if there's going to be another! ;)