The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I look forward to the day when the Plains of Eidolon (3km X 3km) is referred to as "the small map".

Protomorph

banshee with resonating quake can get up to 100m range at the 20x mark.

so imagine 30 times the range of that

personally I'm more interested in whether of not this new map means zephyr won't get her powers changed since she might become super relevant with all this open space

3 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

personally I'm more interested in whether of not this new map means zephyr won't get her powers changed since she might become super relevant with all this open space

I think it would be a great time to upgrade zephyr. She may not need the Tail Wind and Dive Bomb on separate keys. They could combine this somehow, but also adding their own flair to beef her out. She should definitely see some love sometime during this release or maybe before.

It will be great if DE introduces more "Plains" or settlement like relay, so everynow and then we have to protect it from the sentient or maybe corpus or grineer attack if failed like relay the settlement will be destroyed.

I'm hype if the battle of the sentient can include large amount of player, some attacking by archwing with ground assault it will be epic like those raid bosses in gw2.

36 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

Highly doubt that considering the fact she's still not strong enough in regular play.

They'll probably just buff her 4's elemental damage (and hopefully make it so the tornadoes have a reticule of some kind), combine her 1 and 2 together, give her a new 2 and let her 3 stay as is.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Oreic-Reynier said:

Didn't Steve says its 3 km2 not 3x3? 3x3 km2 is 9 km2. So I ever heard wrong or some people arr tripling its size. 

I dunnow but 3 square Km is kinda small.

hope they meant 3x3 so 9 square km

53 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

I wanna be hyped by my skeptical mind won't let me. Sorry. E3 lies and downgrades have wised my mind to hype culture. I'll check out and praise DE if this update is good when it's released. 

True. We'll see how it is when it is done

As long as new updates dont take forever im already looking doreward for new expansions 

I called universe expansion (but tbh we needed this or it would make WF loose rest of the HC veterans)

Now we need more maps more heavy lore and we need to support DE 

Also DE need to put out more content and employ more ppl because its gonna take forever if we have to wait 6months forevery update it make ppl lose hype 

More developers is what we need and ppl IN charge need to relax since we are going in right path now

(also pc requirements will be hard tto work around but i trust DE if i can run it on my potato it will be ground braking game)

As long as new updates dont take forever im already looking doreward for new expansions 

I called universe expansion (but tbh we needed this or it would make WF loose rest of the HC veterans)

Now we need more maps more heavy lore and we need to support DE 

Also DE need to put out more content and employ more ppl because its gonna take forever if we have to wait 6months forevery update it make ppl lose hype 

More developers is what we need and ppl IN charge need to relax since we are going in right path now

(also pc requirements will be hard tto work around but i trust DE if i can run it on my potato it will be ground braking game)

2 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

Considering you can pick your Archwing Itzal in this map, I don't see why you would chose Zephyr...

I think this kind of map is, on a contrary, a huge nerf to Zephyr and ofc Titania. But Zephyr will be reworked anyway, so they'll take that into account anyway.

there's always the possibility that Eidolon may receive expansions over time, though most of us are probably wanting open areas on other planets as well, such as these basic archetypes:

Mercury: no solid surface, but there could be a massive floating Grineer Megacity we could explore: a huge hub filled with Grineer propaganda and heavily armed units oppressing the inhabitants.

Mars: large desert area with high sand dunes and small Grineer settlements in-between a Mad Max type wasteland, but with plenty to do to make up for the lack of scenery. perhaps have massive Desert Skates to fight?

Ceres: large Grineer manufacturing facilities where we can see their guns, armour and ships being built, and maybe disrupt a few of their production lines. we could also enter the toxic wastes of Ceres itself, maybe going up against mutated creatures that dwell in the acidic swamps made by the Grineer's disregard for their environment.

Jupiter: again, no solid surface, but would be nice to see a floating Megacity belonging to the Corpus. propaganda everywhere and an abundance of traders.

Europa: Arctic wastes and hidden caves everywhere, we could enter hidden villages of space Eskimos, and finally get to see (and maybe fight or work with) some Europan Ice Pirates! would be cool to help them raid a secure Corpus convoy of rovers!

Saturn: perhaps a giant meteor caught in the famous Rings of Saturn, which has a large open settlement based on it. all Grineer of course!

Neptune: a Corpus city in the cold that has Indoctrination temples spiralling into the clouds, which we could enter and watch as aspiring Corpus are brainwashed into believing that profit is all that matters! would also be a good opportunity to expand Corpus Lore!

Pluto: A city that is mostly run by proxies, perhaps we would find advanced prototypes that we could make companions, and meet a civilization who depend on their robots, all the while watching for the Corpus' deadliest proxies patrolling the area. Jackal encounters aplenty!

Eris: an arctic forest where every tree is twisted by the Technocyte, the infested rule the landscape and there could be monsters around every corner. you must help the few survivors who have somehow made a living in this godforsaken place, and fight larger numbers of infested than ever before!

Eidolon has opened up a lot of possibilities, and I seriously hope that it's successful enough to tempt DE to make more open areas on other planets in the future!

8 minutes ago, Rurabomber said:

3x3km means 3km2, not 9km2. 

It's a 3km x 3km square. 9km in total, or 3km2. Basic math people...

Steve is confusing a lot of people... even himself.

We need him to drawn a square and put the measurements on the sides at this point.