Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lukinu_u's Workshop - Khora Mithra is done !

lukinu_u

Il y a 2 heures, Monochromeatic a dit :

The nova mithra helmet I can understand the complaints saying its too rabbit like but I think the Khora complaints are not really warranted myself. I really enjoy the personality your tennogen skins has and its rather saddening seeing that the complaints about them feel almost generic at this point "it would look better on x frame" or "Doesn't fit the style off warframe" are honestly so common on every single tennogen discussion that it feels almost invalid to me personally.

What I am getting at is do you feel personally that these complaints have any weight to them? For example your Saryn skin (which I love I may add) clearly has hair like features, bangs, yet on Khora its not ok for some reason.

Sorry if the question is a little intrusive or if I worded in a rude manner but I'm genuinely curious as to what tennogen creator thinks about this wave of almost copy paste criticism.

People generally have different opinions and ask for things they would prefer like remove x part, make this helmet for another frame, etc... which sound legit.
This is the kind of feedback I only consider if it doesn't impact my vision of the design. As you can imagine I wouldn't remove the hair on Octavia and Saryn or the rabbit ears on Nova just because some people doesn't like it while this is my vision of the design and other people like it.

However, I tend to go to far in my design and move away from the Warframe aestetic, especially on helmets designs which is the main reason I have to change stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, congrats on the items that made it into round 15.

Grabbed the Nikana skin straight away. Absolutely loving the model itself, but there seems to be an issue with its color groups:

0UfHURa.jpg

A few large surfaces of the hilt are not colorable at all (gray parts in the screenshot), while the tertiary color only covers a very small area of the visible part of the sheathed sword. It becomes a bit problematic esp. with a shoulder holster, since its hilt is the only prominently visible part of the weapon when holstered (as rest of it gets covered by the syandana), and the uncolorable parts make most of that visible part of the weapon stay gray no matter what (and it also appears as a rather bright gray under the lighting of certain tilesets, which makes it even less ideal with any darker color scheme).

Any chance this can get a second look and those uncolorable parts added under the tertiary color as well? That would make fashionframking it much more flexible.

Thanks.

Edited by aerelm

Il y a 15 heures, aerelm a dit :

Hey, congrats on the items that made it into round 15.

Grabbed the Nikana skin straight away. Absolutely loving the model itself, but there seems to be an issue with its color groups:

0UfHURa.jpg

A few large surfaces of the hilt are not colorable at all (gray parts in the screenshot), while the tertiary color only covers a very small area of the visible part of the sheathed sword. It becomes a bit problematic esp. with a shoulder holster, since its hilt is the only prominently visible part of the weapon when holstered (as rest of it gets covered by the syandana), and the uncolorable parts make most of that visible part of the weapon stay gray no matter what (and it also appears as a rather bright gray under the lighting of certain tilesets, which makes it even less ideal with any darker color scheme).

Any chance this can get a second look and those uncolorable parts added under the tertiary color as well? That would make fashionframking it much more flexible.

Thanks.

It will surely stay uncolorable, but I will take a look with different colors and see if making this gray darker would solve the issue.

Il y a 7 heures, AceRogue a dit :

Any new tasty updates on that glorious valkyr mithra skin of yours?

Just finished almost everything I had to change from the previous round. Here are updated version of Valkyr, Khora and Wukong :
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/valkyr-mithra-t-pose-9ff206d8f20c47ca97087646b52e8c17
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/khora-mithra-t-pose-a7efb7e3c65040daa87ca511ccec483e
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/wukong-mithra-t-pose-96c7b135ccb143c8810d9d3abb2f586e

Not totally sure about Valkyr, with hindsight the ears look a bit unbalanced and may be tweaked, 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

It will surely stay uncolorable, but I will take a look with different colors and see if making this gray darker would solve the issue.

Mind sharing the reason behind keeping it uncolorable?

Those areas are already quite nicely laid out to compliment adding a touch of color to the non-metallic part of the hilt, so it honestly feels like a bit of a waste keeping them uncolorable like that, as it considerably restricts its customization possibilities. For example, I personally usually go for a dark velvety green for those sorts of areas, so while a darker gray would make it stick out much less with my personal color choice, it still wouldn't really be ideal for me, and at the same time might actually make the uncolorable parts become even more problematic for anyone who may be using a lighter color scheme for their loadout.

• Like 2

il y a 35 minutes, aerelm a dit :

Mind sharing the reason behind keeping it uncolorable?

Those areas are already quite nicely laid out to compliment adding a touch of color to the non-metallic part of the hilt, so it honestly feels like a bit of a waste keeping them uncolorable like that, as it considerably restricts its customization possibilities. For example, I personally usually go for a dark velvety green for those sorts of areas, so while a darker gray would make it stick out much less with my personal color choice, it still wouldn't really be ideal for me, and at the same time might actually make the uncolorable parts become even more problematic for anyone who may be using a lighter color scheme for their loadout.

Having one uncolorable color give more possibility as it allow for a 5 material to exist as only 4 colors are customisable. It could be tied to the color 2 but this would mean some color combination would not be possible. I've chosen the gray to be the uncolorable one because it's on a few small area and the dark gray generally work with a bunch of color scheme.

6 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Just finished almost everything I had to change from the previous round. Here are updated version of Valkyr, Khora and Wukong :
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/valkyr-mithra-t-pose-9ff206d8f20c47ca97087646b52e8c17
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/khora-mithra-t-pose-a7efb7e3c65040daa87ca511ccec483e
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/wukong-mithra-t-pose-96c7b135ccb143c8810d9d3abb2f586e

Not totally sure about Valkyr, with hindsight the ears look a bit unbalanced and may be tweaked, 

Valkyr Mithra changing from a Kitsune mask makes me kind of sad. It was an excellent design and I wish DE let it stay.
Khora Mithra has looked fantastic from the beginning and I hope it gets accepted next round.
Wukong Mithra is looking extra nice. Now to wait for a rework to bring him into a spotlight.

Also, although not mentioned in this post, I hope Nova Mithra gets in soon. Been waiting for her for a while.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Having one uncolorable color give more possibility as it allow for a 5 material to exist as only 4 colors are customisable. It could be tied to the color 2 but this would mean some color combination would not be possible. I've chosen the gray to be the uncolorable one because it's on a few small area and the dark gray generally work with a bunch of color scheme.

Thanks for the explanation.

If the model needs 5 materials, then having one uncolorable area seems like a fair enough compromise. Though, just to propose an alternative - Would it be plausible to swap it around and make the less visible surface area be the uncolorable part instead?

I understand how it makes perfect sense to give that intricate pattern along the blade its own color group when viewing the 3D of the unsheathed blade separately, but in actual gameplay, the blade is hardly ever visible at all, since it's almost always covered by the sheath and the attack animation on nikanas (even at unmodded speed) is too fast to allow a clear look at the blade (and then there's elemental fx and fancy impact particles), so it practically makes one color group on the sword only dedicated to fancy captura shots, and that would've been perfectly fine if it wasn't at the cost of sacrificing the customizability of a main chunk of the hilt, which happens to be the only part of the actual sword that's always clearly visible (and right in the middle of the screen, in case of a shoulder holster).

Since the blade and the sheath each have their own separate tintmasks, and the sheath also has essentially the same pattern on it with its own color group, imho the visual design of the weapon as a whole won't take much of a hit if the pattern on the blade ends up being uncolorable while the pattern on the sheath keeps its color group, which would then free up a color group on the blade for the currently-uncolorable parts of the grip.

Here's an example of the shoulder holster with tertiary color on the sword set to red, everything else set to blue, with gray parts being not colorable at all:

HZt7Foa.jpg

Honestly, considering how little of the tertiary color of the blade is actually visible (and that's without a syandana), this doesn't seem like a worthwhile tradeoff to me in the context of normal gameplay. I personally would've much so preferred an uncolorable pattern on the blade, rather than an uncolorable grip.

Edited by aerelm

On 2019-03-16 at 6:23 AM, lukinu_u said:

Valkyr helmet looks absolutely amazing, but I hate that you remove the ass energy lines and the definition on her belly, for Khora the original helmet was the best, but this one is good too, wukong I can't say I dont main him but in my opinion looks great, my only concern is the quality of the textures you are using, is low and very visible on the red brands you use, very choppy paint cut like, you can sharpen the edges maybe?, if you take time to upgrade the texture you will for sure have ones of the best skin sets in the game, can't wait to have Khora Mithra!

I really dont know what DE tell you about your stuff, but I no longer trust them when it comes to the workshop, it seem very bias what they let in nowdays, I just hope your stuff get into the next round.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I love your work. After 3-4 months months of thinking (because I couldnt find a screenshot of it and yes I am so late) I finally decided to purchase your Chroma Morkai Skin. But, there is one tiny issue I don’t know who should ask (DE or You). Why is the “toggle prime detail” changed the entire model to Chroma Prime’s default skin except the helmet? It even affects the under the pelt model also.

Love the skin tho, matches my color scheme 😊

Edited by DrivaMain

• 2 weeks later...
Le 07/04/2019 à 15:37, DrivaMain a dit :

Hey, I love your work. After 3-4 months months of thinking (because I couldnt find a screenshot of it and yes I am so late) I finally decided to purchase your Chroma Morkai Skin. But, there is one tiny issue I don’t know who should ask (DE or You). Why is the “toggle prime detail” changed the entire model to Chroma Prime’s default skin except the helmet? It even affects the under the pelt model also.

Love the skin tho, matches my color scheme 😊

The prime details of Chroma override a lot of default body, meaning almost nothing is visible when using a skin. This happen with all Chroma skins when using the prime variant.

Il y a 11 heures, (XB1)RAG is NAROK a dit :

So we recently got secondary colors on consoles and after seeing how it looks with your mithra syandana, I can't wait to see you make an Equinox skin! :laugh:

Haven't tested yet, how cool does it look ? :0

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job on valkyr Mithra!! Can't wait to buy it and try it out. I was cheering onto it for quite some time. TY!

Hopefully, it'll still be great with the prime detail on. Is there any way you can show us what it'll look like with prime detail?

Le 04/05/2019 à 01:39, (XB1)Valen Warden a dit :

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you do next.

Le 04/05/2019 à 06:43, -NightmareMoon- a dit :

gratz on the skins being accepted to the game ❤️

Le 04/05/2019 à 11:16, IeroFyre a dit :

Woohoo finally Khora Mithra! Grats!

Thanks guys !

Il y a 7 heures, AceRogue a dit :

Nice job on valkyr Mithra!! Can't wait to buy it and try it out. I was cheering onto it for quite some time. TY!

Hopefully, it'll still be great with the prime detail on. Is there any way you can show us what it'll look like with prime detail?

I'm not it would looks great with prime details, the parts cover all the front torso, shoulders, thighs and a huge part of the back, so almost all the skin would be hidden...
About showing how it look, I don't have ways to do that unless I extract the prime model from the game myself.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I'm not it would looks great with prime details, the parts cover all the front torso, shoulders, thighs and a huge part of the back, so almost all the skin would be hidden...
About showing how it look, I don't have ways to do that unless I extract the prime model from the game myself.

I wonder if DE has considered letting Tennogen artists get access to the Prime Details and to work with them. If they have and decided against it, I wonder why...

il y a 25 minutes, (XB1)Valen Warden a dit :

I wonder if DE has considered letting Tennogen artists get access to the Prime Details and to work with them. If they have and decided against it, I wonder why...

That's a great question. Maybe they don't want to provide prime parts to avoid restricting the artist creativity to the prime parts placements.