Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns need a HUGE NERF

Mad_NOORS

This Tigris(all variants) and Hek(all variants) are stupid and need to be removed from the game. One shots everything in high level sorties without even trying. Put punch through mods and you got a room clearer that works well into the 90-100 levels. 80% DPS thanks to these noob tubes. I suggest that either damage nerf(stat chance and crit for all variants) plus rate of fire nerf so that shots need to be more strategic instead of OH LOL SPAM. Nerf this and thank you.

@Mad_NOORS,

Nerf shotguns? Why not buff everything else?

Why do you people want to nerf everything instead of, say, buffing snipers to actually do what snipers should: instantly kill, in one shot, after careful aim to the face, virtually any humanoid?

Why not buff the most unused weapons while we're at it?

Why not fix the Burston Prime's trigger-grip misalignment, or the incorrect right-wall-hopping parkour animation?

Why not buff Warframe powers, like Chroma's Spectral Scream, to take weapons' elemental damage into account?

Why not allow our Operators to use one-handed sidearms?

Edited by Koldraxon-732
More things worth buffing. Nerfing is not the Tenno way.

4 minutes ago, Scandroid said:

Dont like it dont use it

Well everyone and their dog uses it. So tell them too? 

3 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

NO thank you, they are fine.

They are not fine with GOD damage with ZERO DRAWBACKS

Just now, (PS4)kamil_demon said:

whats wrong with you :crylaugh::crylaugh:

your the first dude ever to complain about good weapons that arent super crap or gimmicky

you need good weapons to survive sorties because unless your mk1-braton has 8 forma on it you aint gonna do much help to your squad or yourself

When these are the weapons on 60% of people on sorties I joined, sure come back.

Just now, Mad_NOORS said:

They are not fine with GOD damage with ZERO DRAWBACKS

How about the fact that in high-levels a single Scorch can instantly melt your Warframe into a bottle of liquid resources?

The shotguns don't have sniper range. Lech Kril and Ruk are invincible if not shot at in the right area. In Sorties, those two and Lephantis can oneshot you.

Consider buffing things instead.

While I'm very tempted to make a long post about how neglected that demand is, I'll keep it short.

Fall-off damage is probably the only thing that needs to be looked at.
I can't care less if they One shots sortie levels enemies most weapons do with little attention to modding.
Shotgun just so happen to do better at close range and more popular( Which is like, 80% of warframe maps )
Riven also make this slightly more difficult to balance because even if you do nerf a weapon, others will be just as efficient with those in place.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

@Mad_NOORS,

Nerf shotguns? Why not buff everything else?

Why do you people what to nerf everything instead of, say, buffing snipers to actually do what snipers should: instantly kill, in one shot, after careful aim to the face, virtually any humanoid?

That type of logic simply doesn't work on a game where enemies scale.
Let say you bring a level 1 sniper against a level 200 enemy, do you still expect your pea-shooter level sniper to oneshot the enemy after a headshot?
This would work on a basis that all enemies/all weapons had a fixed amount of health and damage, but it's not the case.

4 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

You mean like dmg falloff ?

Doesn't matter if I can point and wipe units in 1 click even in high levels. In sorties you're going to need CC anyway so no problem getting in close. No skill weapon, bet you have 6 forma in them.

Oh I forgot, these noob tubes are SECONDED by the Tonkor/Synoid Memelor, which got nerfed thankfully. Now that those weapons are nerfed, shotguns now reign king.

Edited by Mad_NOORS

1 minute ago, Mad_NOORS said:

Doesn't matter if I can point and wipe units in 1 click even in high levels. In sorties you're going to need CC anyway so no problem getting in close. No skill weapon, bet you have 6 forma in them.

Now that's a bit far-fetched. You're only making a fool of yourself now when using the game core mechanic against logic itself.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

[Quotato]

That type of logic simply doesn't work on a game where enemies scale.
Let say you bring a level 1 sniper against a level 200 enemy, do you still expect your pea-shooter level sniper to oneshot the enemy after a headshot?
This would work on a basis that all enemies/all weapons had a fixed amount of health and damage, but it's not the case.

What if I maxed the weapon, slotted a Catalyst, applied 2 Forma (maybe more if mods, especially a Riven, needed the space), a Riven that added damage+multishot+more elemental damage, and tried to cram in as many general damage mods as possible?

It should be able to kill it within it's clip at the very least, but any Vectis would need at least four reloads; its Prime theoretically requiring half.

But then the only time you really see enemies nearing that level in a Sortie.

The only reason any weapons used in Sorties hurt at all is due to highly levelled mods and maybe a decent Riven.

Besides, who would bring an unranked Tigris Prime to a Sortie?

Edited by Koldraxon-732
That was too much Forma.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Now that's a bit far-fetched. You're only making a fool of yourself now when using the game core mechanic against logic itself.

I'm fine if the shotguns are limited to what they can do single target damage. What I'm not fine is them destroying entire hordes with punch through. Even without punch through some pellets are enough to kill high level enemies.

Just now, Mad_NOORS said:

I'm fine if the shotguns are limited to what they can do single target damage. What I'm not fine is them destroying entire hordes with punch through. Even without punch through some pellets are enough to kill high level enemies.

In most cases the damage would be enough to kill typical fodder like Butchers and Lancers, but Bombards, a squadron of Ancients, the Nox, a majority of bosses, Vey Hek, Juggernauts, and a number of others I can't currently recall, will require more, and maybe even, in the Raptor 2.0's case, resorting to different weapons because shotguns can't hit it due to distance or the firepower they carry.

Not to mention Sentient Fighters at Sortie difficulty.

28 minutes ago, Mad_NOORS said:

This Tigris(all variants) and Hek(all variants) are stupid and need to be removed from the game. One shots everything in high level sorties without even trying. Put punch through mods and you got a room clearer that works well into the 90-100 levels. 80% DPS thanks to these noob tubes. I suggest that either damage nerf(stat chance and crit for all variants) plus rate of fire nerf so that shots need to be more strategic instead of OH LOL SPAM. Nerf this and thank you.

How about we nerf you a bit, and buff shotguns even more?

Shotguns don't need a nerf

Shotguns have drawbacks like pellet acurracy and falloff

Nerf everything instead of buff don't work

Buff everything instead of nerf don't work too

Buffs and Nerfs needs to happen despite this game being PvE

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

I can see how you really hate all those easy and powerful weapons, seeing how Tonkor is your most used one. :thumbup:

What's funny is that you don't really know whats good and what is bad, since you didn't even name the best shotguns in your initial post.

If you want to complain about something you really should focus on melee weapons, where every swing is an aoe and dmg goes far beyond what single target shotguns can do.

Ranting about something that have limited range and no real aoe dmg really won't lead you anywhere.