Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns need a HUGE NERF

Mad_NOORS

As someone, with a most used weapon being the Sancti Tigris and the regular being third place even though I sold it about a year ago, I can tell you this. Even the Tigris Prime reaches a point where it no longer one shots enemies, that usually happens in tactical alerts with endless missions like the most recent Defection one.

Also here is why AoE and Shotguns are so popular. Warframe is a horde shooter and in these kinds of games you need weapons that destroy x amount of enemies in less then 5 seconds. If you waste too much time firring you Lato at an Acient Healler, you are gona end up failling. Reason number two, currently there is preaty much only one decently big sized map and it's a Corpus one only available on Defence and Interception at the Corpus Outpost tile set, that tile set only appears on three planets and one of them doesn't have the mission I am talking about. This means only two mission types on only two planets are set in a big area that would make shotguns less effective, mind you we have 18 diffrent locations to go to in the star chart and all of them, except for those two, are mainly filled with tiny corridors and small rooms, where shotguns are suppossed to be used because that is their job as a close range weapon.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

12 minutes ago, Mad_NOORS said:

I'm fine if the shotguns are limited to what they can do single target damage. What I'm not fine is them destroying entire hordes with punch through. Even without punch through some pellets are enough to kill high level enemies.

If that's the case then the problem are the mods giving the punch through. Shotguns in general are made to almost insta-kill, if not one-shot.

3 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

I can see how you really hate all those easy and powerful weapons, seeing how Tonkor is your most used one. :thumbup:

What's funny is that you don't really know whats good and what is bad, since you didn't even name the best shotguns in your initial post.

If you want to complain about something you really should focus on melee weapons, where every swing is an aoe and dmg goes far beyond what single target shotguns can do.

Ranting about something that have limited range and no real aoe dmg really won't lead you anywhere.

Why should I waste something if I can do better with Tonkor. :clap:Hey it got nerfed so I'm not complaining, I complained about shotguns being better and better but no one listened, now Tonkor's no longer god mode anymore. Also I'm speaking in terms of without Rivens, even Latron can be ok-ish in Sortie levels with good Rivens.

1 minute ago, Mad_NOORS said:

Why should I waste something if I can do better with Tonkor. :clap:Hey it got nerfed so I'm not complaining, I complained about shotguns being better and better but no one listened, now Tonkor's no longer god mode anymore. Also I'm speaking in terms of without Rivens, even Latron can be ok-ish in Sortie levels with good Rivens.

Look we get it, you are mad, even your name says that. Personally I am mad that Titania exists because she is an insult to my favorite frame Zephyr, but hey. I didn't make a thread asking DE to remove her.

Oh god this thread is pure latest?cb=20140901144536 but funny.

Also, welcome to warframe. Maybe you will get to understand what this game is about oh and btw, don't make yourself look too funny in here. No one uses snipers yet my snipetron vandal kills an ancient lvl 150 with one headshot. At any range. Shotguns are just working as intended. Supposed to be freaking deadly in close range.

So, IF they get nerfed, then what? Can I assume you're just gonna complain about the next best thing? Cause that's what it seems like you'll do.

Get over it, mate. People will always play what is the most efficient. No one likes wasting their time. Simple as that. Others already made the points that prove shotguns are fine, you just choose to ignore them to push your own, selfish agenda. Once again, get over it!

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, IF they get nerfed, then what? Can I assume you're just gonna complain about the next best thing? Cause that's what it seems like you'll do.

Get over it, mate. People will always play what is the most efficient. No one likes wasting their time. Simple as that. Others already made the points that prove shotguns are fine, you just choose to ignore them to push your own, selfish agenda. Once again, get over it!

Hi, shotguns got nerfed, nerf steve next, hes to intelligent!

44 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Why not buff everything else?

and removing weapons from the game? nah.

I agree that tigris has absurd damage, but at least it has a drawback of being a comparatively clunky output mechanism.

And sure maybe they're OP, but literally every rifle (both semi and full auto) except soma and sybaris are next to useless or too ammo-inefficient to be counted on in endless missions. I feel like maybe those should all get some buffs to put them on par with shotguns.

and PLEASE, for the love of god, just don't nerf the crit chance of shotguns... We have exactly ONE crit-viable shottie. Don't ruin my primed ravage before I max it.

Shotguns need a nerf, they insta-kill everything.

Sniper rifles need a nerf, they insta-kill everything.

Bows need a nerf, they insta-kill everything.

Launchers need a nerf, they insta-kill everything.

Heavy pistols need a nerf, they insta-kill everything.

Melee needs a nerf, it insta-kills everything (literally)

Warframe abilities need a nerf, they insta-kill everything.

Did I forget anything?

They call you "DRUNK", Go Home, Take Nap, and THINK about it. Shotguns Work, and the Tonkor getting the "Realism" to begin with. Seriously I saw your Profile, Mirage is cheesing it.

3 hours ago, Mad_NOORS said:

With the same efficiency of the Tigris/Hek variants? Get over it.

10/10 reply. Let's remove self damage from the Tonkor too and revert Synoid Simulor as well? Another noob tube user detected.

Tonkor Self Damage is not new and it as realistic as most FPS game. There is not real fun and no benefit any longer, thus no one care for a Grenade Pumpers that is only good chuckling 2-shots.

AND YOU DESERVE THIS :smile:

NO ONE FORCE YOU TO USE SHOTGUN, unless you are being owned in Conclave, Stalker will still be easily owning you.

Shotgun ONE-SHOT? You don't even remember Level 9999 Enemies? Have fun One-Shotting Eidolons (pretty sure it take more than one shot for Golem anyway).

Edited by DesFrSpace

Inb4 the lock owo You can't expect to make a thread about nerfing without getting any heat for it. Calling out "nerf" on the forums is one way of getting attention, sadly it's not the kind of attention you probably want.

We need a couple of extremely powerful weapons to do sorties, there's no way around it really. CC might always be king but CC alone doesn't kill enemies.

Just now, redeyedtreefrog said:

[Misunderstood Quotato]

By everything else, I mean snipers, some bows, and the least-used weapons so that, when properly modded with the elementals that cover their lowest main damage or lack thereof atop main damage mods, they should kill in near-endgame, if not endgame with a reinforcing Riven.

And I agree, we need more shotguns. Namely one or two Corpus-built shotguns.

Speaking of Corpus, I'd like the Classic Braton's visuals to be reused as the Corpus-issue Braton, which would be a midway between the normal and it's Prime.